Top Gear USA

tkdryan

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 9 2011, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 8 2011, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 7 2011, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (Rendclaw @ Jan 7 2011, 07:57 AM)
The USA version is trying a little too hard right now.... that and I think they got the wrong people to go alongside Tanner Foust, which was a right pick. Adam Ferrara and Flannel Man (because I can;t remember his name right now) just are not the right guys.

The show is going too much along the lines of the British TG, and the guys next to Tanner don;t have the charisma to pull it off. It seems more forced and scripted to me, and it doesn't help that they are mirroring the challenges from the original show.

And how much do you guys wanna bet that the American Stig is Paul Tracy?

I agree about the other two personalities. I find them more annoying at times instead of entertaining.

What makes you think the Stig is Paul Tracy?

Who's Paul Tracy..?

He is an Indy/CART race car driver. I don't think he is still actively racing in the Indy race league anymore though. He may have retired.

Correct. I think its Paul Tracy because he and Tanner were on a show called Battle of the Supercars, which was on the Speed Channel. Either him or the producers went super cheap and Tanner moonlights as the Stig.

Is it me, or is the Top Gear UK crew mocking other countries incessantly getting just a bit old and tired? This "competition" with the Top Gear Aussie crew was ridiculous and not funny at all aside from them mocking each other's accents..

QUOTE (Rendclaw @ Feb 17 2011, 02:31 AM)
Is it me, or is the Top Gear UK crew mocking other countries incessantly getting just a bit old and tired? This "competition" with the Top Gear Aussie crew was ridiculous and not funny at all aside from them mocking each other's accents..

I'm sorry, but that is part of our culture, yes culture. I take it that you are an American, well there's more culture in a pot of yoghurt - a word you are unable to pronounce - than there is in America, you overweight, gun-toting, flag waving, warmongerer you.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Feb 17 2011, 11:05 AM)

I'm sorry, but that is part of our culture, yes culture. I take it that you are an American, well there's more culture in a pot of yoghurt - a word you are unable to pronounce - than there is in America, you overweight, gun-toting, flag waving, warmongerer you.

Here we go.......

Took longer than I thought.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 17 2011, 07:00 AM)

Here we go.......

Yep, this might be the first time he's made it past 100 posts before the big reveal.

laugh.gif Just don't mention mexicans wink.gif

Top Gear news article

edited to add link

Edited by realomind

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 17 2011, 12:12 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 17 2011, 07:00 AM)

Here we go.......

Yep, this might be the first time he's made it past 100 posts before the big reveal.

??????????????

Nobody's seeing my sixpence.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 10 2011, 03:32 PM)
QUOTE (tkdryan @ Jan 9 2011, 10:30 PM)
wow, i have two new dream cars ,  The California by Ferrari ,  and a Porsche
Panamera  when i have kids

If you want a dream four door when the kids arrive, check out the Maserati Quattroporte!

http://www.justcar.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/maserati-quattroporte11.jpg

No one builds a sexier car than the Italians.

If I was loaded, I'd have a tough time picking between that car or the Cadillac CTS-V. smile.gif

Maserati's are nice but for the overall package - speed, performance, reliability, build quality and engineering you have to go with Porsche - I'm biased though being a Carrera owner.

QUOTE (Rendclaw @ Feb 16 2011, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 9 2011, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 8 2011, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 7 2011, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (Rendclaw @ Jan 7 2011, 07:57 AM)
The USA version is trying a little too hard right now.... that and I think they got the wrong people to go alongside Tanner Foust, which was a right pick. Adam Ferrara and Flannel Man (because I can;t remember his name right now) just are not the right guys.

The show is going too much along the lines of the British TG, and the guys next to Tanner don;t have the charisma to pull it off. It seems more forced and scripted to me, and it doesn't help that they are mirroring the challenges from the original show.

And how much do you guys wanna bet that the American Stig is Paul Tracy?

I agree about the other two personalities. I find them more annoying at times instead of entertaining.

What makes you think the Stig is Paul Tracy?

Who's Paul Tracy..?

He is an Indy/CART race car driver. I don't think he is still actively racing in the Indy race league anymore though. He may have retired.

Correct. I think its Paul Tracy because he and Tanner were on a show called Battle of the Supercars, which was on the Speed Channel. Either him or the producers went super cheap and Tanner moonlights as the Stig.

I think I saw that episode. Tanner drove a supercharged Mustang and Tracy drove a turbocharged Camaro.

Worry not, its going to take a lot more than unimaginative trolling to get me to respond.

Its a pity that Adam Carolla didn;t get the role on Top Gear US.. he's way funnier than Adam Ferrara, that's for sure.

QUOTE (Rendclaw @ Feb 20 2011, 07:15 PM)
Worry not, its going to take a lot more than unimaginative trolling to get me to respond.

MANLOVE

I assume taht you are like responding to me smile.gif

It's not trolling, it's just pointing out that you are from the wrong "culture" to understand Top Gear in it's British or Ocker formats.

Why there is even a Top Gear USA I knoweth not - well it's to make money for Auntie - you lot would be better served by copying the William Dullard version of Top Gear smile.gif

Edited by Cosy Toes