The "V" Thread

The Owl

I'm psyched as is the whole family.

Granted it's not LOST or even near it but it has some interesting metaphors in the story line. I LOVE the whole immigration and health care thing that permeates the show and the cautionary tale that nothing is free.

So many awesome twists and turns.

Here's a show that keeps you guessing! It's great.

I don't know anything about the original series or the old stuff, but I've been thoroughly impressed with this. I was skeptical at first (so many scifis fall flat on their faces) but it's sooo awesome.

Anna is about as creepy as they come.

Kind of reminds me of the Female Founder from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine... O-o

The first season I thought went a little to the "romantic" side too fast, too much drama not enough sci fi. Then last week ABC aired the 3 most pivotal eps from Season 1 and I got rehooked. Just watched the new ep I DVR'ed and yeah it's good!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 18 2011, 08:35 PM)
They're really gonna run with this whole "The Soul is the key to defeat the humans" plotline? They had a freaking "Soul Extracting Machine"

What the f**k? What a silly plotline.

I hope the writers know what the heck they're doing.

I'm remaining optimistic, but it's a reeeeeally weird plotline.

(But kudos to those makeup artists? Color me impressed so far. I want to see more alien guts though.)

I have to say that I'm enjoying this season very much... every episode is extremely well paced and exciting... I am loving the back and fourth between Anna and Erica... each is having their own victories and losses due to each sides viewpoint.

This is all aside from the whole "Defeating the Soul" plot line that is annoying the hell out of me... which thankfully did not crop up in tonight's episode. I hope the writers realize how silly everyone thinks this story line is.

Tonight's episode was extremely entertaining and intense.... I see a good climax leading to the end of the season..... I hope that all this leads to Erica being exposed as the "leader of the fifth column" That way the villain knows who their main adversary is.... but I hope they don't expose the visitors by the end of the season... that will lead to Erica having to go underground and into hiding, and have her former FBI agents trying to hunt her down, and not knowing that she's on the right side still oblivious to the Vs true intent.... leading to the Vs exposure at the end of season 3... and the war actually starting, which I hope might last 2 seasons before the series ends..

Well that's What I would do to try and map out the rest of the series from here, and that's hoping that the series will be picked up for said seasons...

Still tonights episode was amazing.

The Season finale was decent..... took some big moves..... but at this point if the show winds up canceled, I would not care that much...

I'll watch if the show gets a third season, but I won't be dissapointed if it doesn't either.

Is it just me, or are TV show "seasons" getting shorter and shorter?

Seems like V was about 6 friggin' shows long...what a bunch of bullshit.

I remember when I was younger seasons used to last forever.

Has anyone here seen the original V? I just finished watching it and I'm curious how closely the new show follows it. I'll give it a try soon, but I was just wondering.

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Mar 27 2011, 02:19 PM)
Has anyone here seen the original V? I just finished watching it and I'm curious how closely the new show follows it. I'll give it a try soon, but I was just wondering.

I've seen the original 'V', and the new one is a reimaging, much like Battlestar Galactica. There are homages to the original, but they are totally separate entities.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Mar 30 2011, 03:37 PM)
you gotta admit...the "new" Lisa banging the son was pretty hot. Errr...until she ate his throat.

I thought it was heartbreaking. :C

...But, yeah, it was pretty disgusting when she went all insane-monster-vampire on him and just about tore out his trachea. Ewww.

Gotta feel for Lisa, though. She was forced to watch her very nice boyfriend do the HND with another girl and then die. I sure hope she gets out of there though! With Ryan and Anna's mother (what was her name?) dead, and Father Jack under the weird trance, what interesting characters are left!? D:

Really don't care.... the second season of the show was a huge disappointment, and very inconsistent.... and not to mention the who "soul is how you defeat humans" stupid ass plotline..

Oh, well... it was not a bad show... and I would have watched if it had a third season, but I am not heartbroken that it doesn't...

ABC is having a hard time trying to find a replacement for LOST, which admit it is what they tried to do with V, (as well as the failed Flash Forward show).... I'd imagine there will be a similar show to come out soon to try and recapture the audience they lost when LOST went off the air...... hopefully next time they can actually come out with a show that lives up to LOST.