Geddy Is Hot: Mk.II

Jaye

I meant to ask this a month or so ago, but doesn't he look like he has lost weight?

It's hard to say, Lorraine. In some pictures, it kind of looks like he has, but in others not so much really. It's also hard to tell because it seems like he's been tending to wear less fitted T-shirts lately, not to mention floppy overshirts and jackets. After doing a bit of research on this (and let me tell you, THAT was a burdensome chore ;) :LOL:), all I know for sure is that the man is HOT :yes: :drool: :sigh:

You poor dear! Go rest now. Take a few aspirin too. Such tasks are so taxing and burdensome. :cool:

• Like 1

I meant to ask this a month or so ago, but doesn't he look like he has lost weight?

It's hard to say, Lorraine. In some pictures, it kind of looks like he has, but in others not so much really. It's also hard to tell because it seems like he's been tending to wear less fitted T-shirts lately, not to mention floppy overshirts and jackets. After doing a bit of research on this (and let me tell you, THAT was a burdensome chore ;) :LOL:), all I know for sure is that the man is HOT :yes: :drool: :sigh:

You poor dear! Go rest now. Take a few aspirin too. Such tasks are so taxing and burdensome. :cool:

Yeah, I'll go lie down and rest. Rest, yeah, that's what I'll do! ;) :LOL:

• Like 1

I enjoyed the concerts that Geddy decides to wear a tight-fitting tank top.

Like Rio and P/G.

Something about a sleeveless bass player is just appealing to me... ;) :geddy:

• Like 1

I enjoyed the concerts that Geddy decides to wear a tight-fitting tank top.

Like Rio and P/G.

Something about a sleeveless bass player is just appealing to me... ;) :geddy:

I love that black shirt he wore at Rio. Wish I had one just like it! :) :yes:

I keep hearing that women love men with a sense of humor, so ladies - this is for you :D

http://youtu.be/WOVh_C7XTHA

Part of the reason I fell in love with Geddy Lee, that video there :LOL: :yes:

Yup, that was one of the first videos I ever saw of Geddy and I was a goner after that. I love listening to his voice when he's talking.

:wub:

• Like 2

I keep hearing that women love men with a sense of humor, so ladies - this is for you :D

http://youtu.be/WOVh_C7XTHA

Part of the reason I fell in love with Geddy Lee, that video there :LOL: :yes:

Yup, that was one of the first videos I ever saw of Geddy and I was a goner after that. I love listening to his voice when he's talking.

:wub:

I agree, Geddy has a very nice speaking voice as well as singing voice. ;)

• Like 3

I agree too! I could listen to him for hours as I find his voice very soothing! And, thanks to GM ( ;) ;) ), I could watch this funny video. I like his remark about the helmet as a protection only for those who were concerned about their brain.

That's our Geddy! :wub:

• Like 3

So here's what I've garnered from my research.

Geddy sometimes starts out with a few more pounds and seems to lose them as the tour goes on. I know he is on a strict diet and avoids dairy and other foods known to cause mucous so that may have something to do with it. Also, I guess that maybe because he's traveling he may not have a regular eating schedule but who knows?

Anyway, I noticed that during the Time Machine Tour he had a little bit more belly. I don't think he's a fan of any extra weight but that's when I really love his body, when there's a little bit of soft furry tummy I can dream of cuddling up next to. *sigh*

• Like 2

I tried to do some research on this yesterday, but didn't have time before work... I will see if I can come up with some photographic evidence of this later today! It will be my reward for toiling in the garden! :)

• Like 1

I agree too! I could listen to him for hours as I find his voice very soothing! And, thanks to GM ( ;) ;) ), I could watch this funny video. I like his remark about the helmet as a protection only for those who were concerned about their brain.

His voice is sooooo soothing to listen to, indeed.

I wish more men would talk like him instead of trying to be obnoxious loudmouths like some of them are, haha.

• Like 2

I tried to do some research on this yesterday, but didn't have time before work... I will see if I can come up with some photographic evidence of this later today! It will be my reward for toiling in the garden! :)

Oh, yes!!! That's what we need. Definitely. Some more photographic evidence to further research our subject. While you are digging some up, I will go fetch my magnifying glass so that I can thoroughly check the man out. From top to bottom. And from bottom to top. To see if I can detect any weight loss. Or gain. Or ... whatever.

• Like 2

His voice is sooooo soothing to listen to, indeed.

I wish more men would talk like him instead of trying to be obnoxious loudmouths like some of them are, haha.

I agree, he has a beautiful voice both when singing and speaking. I tend to prefer soft spoken people over those drunken rowdy people. And since I prefer people that way, I try to be that myself. Not always succeeding but hey I'm only human :tempted:

In that video I posted I find it funny that he made that remark about wearing a helmet only to proceed without one himself. Goes along well with all those brain-surgery jokes he has made live ;)

Oh yeah, I'm absolutely a fan of his way of laughing. It's a little dry and subdued, you know, that little "haha" he does.

Bottomline that guy is awesome :haz:

• Like 4

Come on, isn't that just an excuse to look at more pictures of Geddy? :D

*sigh*

As if anybody needs an excuse to look at the Lord's finest handiwork.

• Like 3

*sigh*

As if anybody needs an excuse to look at the Lord's finest handiwork.

Hah! This made me giggle! :)

Isn't Mika done toiling in her silly garden yet??? She has more important things to do than yank weeds and water the lawn and check on her plants.

It's true there's something more interesting than plants... I just got a new (to me) Rickenbacker!!! I forced myself to do the planting and weeding things I needed to do, then go for a nice walk around the neighbourhood, then I'm going to exercise a bit and then eat, then pay some bills online (cuz I gotta...), and THEN I may feast my eyeballs on the fine Mr. Lee! I will look through my chronological photo collection and see what I can see. And probably end up posting a few of my faves along the way.... AND THEN I will play my new bass!!!!

Ah, it's good to not be working 14 hours (like yesterday! :(). So many wonderful, Geddy-related things I can do instead of work!

Girls, I have at last reached a conclusion apart from the much previously stated "damn fine." :LOL:

Geddy appears to have trimmed up a touch since 2010. Witness:

2010 - Very slightly less trim!

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4099/4780493718_13d576f794_b.jpg

Rush by Music Images By Gene, on Flickr

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4112/5003548716_e7790097b6_b.jpg

Rush - Alex Lifeson & Geddy Lee by Peter Hutchins, on Flickr

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4125/5003519012_bb1f8e962f_b.jpg

Rush - Geddy Lee by Peter Hutchins, on Flickr

2013 - Very Slightly More Trim!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7419/8718781709_27009aa497_b.jpg

Rush - Alex Lifeson, Geddy Lee & Neil Peart by Peter Hutchins, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8174/7968659802_4376ea43f3_b.jpg

Rush - Geddy Lee by Peter Hutchins, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8115/8677351588_320fe33b81_b.jpg

DSC01202.jpg by ArnoldWellsPhotography, on Flickr

Updated conclusion: Damn fine at any size :yes:

Sorry that I'm posting three times in a row here... but these photos are excellent evidence. I remember looking at some photos from 2010, and noticing the little love-handle action going on, and thinking, "aw, Geddy, but you're supposed to be skinny!" Not that he's 'supposed' to be anything - he can be whatever he wants to be, as long as he feels good about himself - but I've always kind of been proud that he's paraded around (well, paraded in my fan-girl eyes!) with a healthy physique. I still can't get over how a certain black, button-y shirt circa 2008 showed off his pecs - certainly not man-boobs - to my utter delight. So, seeing a bit of a muffin-top thing going on kind of made me a little teeny bit... what would I say... not sad, not disappointed, but... well, I think you know what I mean.

Seeing photos surfacing from 2012, I noticed the leaner physique, and was happy for Geddy! He cuts a fine figure, and not even 'for his age', but for any guy's age. I wish, though, that as nice as his dressy shirts are, he'd wear more t-shirts to showcase his chesticular region.

Anyway, gotta do the things I've got to do so that I can be here without guilt niggling at me... must...pay...bills...and...exercise........ I'll be back! :)

ETA: thanks also, GM, for including links for the photos! Will help me in my eternal photo hoarding quest! ;)

Edited by Mika