"Top Gear" on the History Channel

Mara

it's not the BBC with Jeremy, James, and Richard. They ARE "Top Gear". As far as I am concerned, the HC version is another show entirely.

I don't even care about cars and I love "Top Gear" on BBC. The first episode I caught was their drive from Miami to New Orleans in beater cars they all bought for about $400. Been hooked since.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 5 2010, 05:12 PM)
it's not the BBC with Jeremy, James, and Richard. They ARE "Top Gear". As far as I am concerned, the HC version is another show entirely.

I don't even care about cars and I love "Top Gear" on BBC. The first episode I caught was their drive from Miami to New Orleans in beater cars they all bought for about $400. Been hooked since.

Do you really watch Top Gear?

Where? On BBC America?

unsure.gif

Edited by Mara

One of the reasons I like the show is precisely BECAUSE of its lack of restraint, esp. Clarkson. Politically incorrect very often = side-splittingly funny.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 5 2010, 06:02 PM)
One of the reasons I like the show is precisely BECAUSE of its lack of restraint, esp. Clarkson. Politically incorrect very often = side-splittingly funny.

Aye...

The little fella bugs me though, ever since he had that crash he's milked the situation ridiculously...

Jay Leno's been on Top Gear a couple of times and I remember him saying that he'd been asked to present the american version (being the huge petrol head that he is) and even he said no way, the original one can't be topped. I thought that was cool.

I'm a huge fan of Top Gear myself, love Jezza and Captain Slow in particular. When I used to live in the US I loved how BBC America would show constant re-runs much like the 'Dave' channel over here!

Who are the presenters on the new american version? (and why is it on the History channel? lol! confused13.gif )

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 5 2010, 03:12 PM)
it's not the BBC with Jeremy, James, and Richard.  They ARE "Top Gear".  As far as I am concerned, the HC version is another show entirely. 

I don't even care about cars and I love "Top Gear" on BBC.  The first episode I caught was their drive from Miami to New Orleans in beater cars they all bought for about $400.  Been hooked since.

Oh, I agree. I watched it and it was....okay. But for me, Jeremy, James and Richard make the show. There is no way anyone else could do this as far as I'm concerned.

I love the way those guys pick on one another. When James & Richard pushed Jeremy's "caravan" over the cliff I laughed so hard I hurt myself rofl3.gif

I'm not a huge car fan either (tho Hubby is)but that is only secondary when you have three hosts like that!

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 5 2010, 06:12 PM)

Hilary for president

Country western is Rubbish

Man love

z7shysterical.gif

Yeah the BBC show is hilarious

Its going to take the US show a long time (at least three seasons) to get anywhere near the awesomeness that is the UK show. While I think the US show is trying a little too hard in places, I also believe its not fair to compare the first season of a fledgling show to the 20th season of an established show.

Not to mention that in spots, the UK show tries a little too hard as well. I love the races.

QUOTE (Rendclaw @ Dec 6 2010, 01:45 PM)
Its going to take the US show a long time (at least three seasons) to get anywhere near the awesomeness that is the UK show. While I think the US show is trying a little too hard in places, I also believe its not fair to compare the first season of a fledgling show to the 20th season of an established show.

Not to mention that in spots, the UK show tries a little too hard as well. I love the races.

I see your point, but for me, it's the trademark British wit that does it.

But I don't think the US version is bad at all and will certainly give it a chance to establish its own identity.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 6 2010, 08:11 PM)
I don't know if it's just me, but I just love James May. I can't explain why... wub.gif

It's not just you, i'm the same...he's my other crush wink.gif and above all else i'd love to go for a pint with him...top bloke...

(I know someone who once worked with him on some car promotion...she says he was a right flirt lol...sadly it was wasted on her... eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (realomind @ Dec 6 2010, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 6 2010, 08:11 PM)
I don't know if it's just me, but I just love James May. I can't explain why...  wub.gif

It's not just you, i'm the same...he's my other crush wink.gif and above all else i'd love to go for a pint with him...top bloke...

(I know someone who once worked with him on some car promotion...she says he was a right flirt lol...sadly it was wasted on her... eyesre4.gif

OMG... - I'm not the only one..! I daren't say what's on my mind at this minute..(!) He can flirt with me if he wants! tempted.gif wub.gif *ahem* Sorry...

I will give it a shot, but the crew they have doing the US version .... well not my cup of tea. The BBC show is very cool, love the way they ,tell it like it is. A turd is a turd.