The Official Disc Golf thread

The Owl

Hello all fans of the marvelous recreational sport of Disc Golf...

I have recently started playing this game, and am having fun playing... There are several courses here in Austin... very fun..

I am not that good, but have been improving, I've been playing on average about twice a week for about a month and a half...... very challenging and good exercise. My short game is great, mid game is decent, but my long game still kind of sucks, but improving every time I play...

Anyone else play?

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 29 2010, 06:30 PM)
Hello all fans of the marvelous recreational sport of Disc Golf... Anyone else play?

cool10.gif

No, evidently.

Edited by ashpkt

Here is my collection of discs thus far..

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/182852_1286173970741_1721935193_530710_6386278_n.jpg

- 5 Drivers

Star Valkyrie / white

Star Firebird / Blue

Champion Eagle / Light Blue

Champion Groove/ Maroon

Champion Beast/ Tie-die

- Mid Range

Pro Roc/ orange

DX Roc/ Tie Dye

- Putters

DX Avair / Pink

Pro Dart/ Baby Blue

I used to play when I lived in Wisconsin, but I haven't played for about 6 yrs. I never learned to straighten out my natural curve and didn't want to spend the money for all of the specialty disks. Because of this, all of the friends I played with got way better than I did and it wasn't as much fun as it was previously.

Played a round of 18 today, we have several here in Ausin, hell several in just South Austin.... My regular course is at (Mary Moore) Searight Park... very beautiful course, and moderately- considerable challenging holes.

I like throwing Innova discs...

Another great disc are those two rocs I have... The Orange one is a newer one.. and it flies very nice and straight for a long time before fading left moderately sharply, the piece sign roc I have is very broken in (slightly warped) so that it doesn't fade at all really at the end.... both are very accurate discs, excellent for getting trough narrow trenches with trees on both sides.

I used to love to play. Nowadays the courses are so much better but I am unable to play due to a neck injury causing numb hands.

Cool discs you got there Owl!

Got in a few holes at a new park in Mesquite on Thursday. A bit windy but nice. Didn't feel like waiting so I just skipped around. Still a bit sore not having played in a while, but I'll hit BB Owens park in Dallas tomorrow, should be perfect conditions. Not a beautiful course but very well designed. Dries out quick too.

Very nice round at BB Owens the other day. Three birdies and only one boogie. Great weather, great people, good fun. Tired of the same old courses though, spring road trip! Hill country and Austin here I come. Wild flowers, disc golf and 6th street. Been too long.