Cats!

Mr. Not

We're a bit concerned about Scooter...

Over the last month or so she seems to have lost a lot of weight. Yet, she doesn't seem unhappy or anything. We upped her wet food intake to 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day and she still has her biscuits and treats and plenty of water but she's gotten so skinny!

Her coat is nice and shiny and her eyes bright... We've checked her poop and there's no signs of worms or anything unusual.

Anyone out there have any ideas? I'm gonna phone the vet Monday anyway, just thought you guys and girls may have suggestions.

Only a thought, but perhaps she might not have much appetite, especially if it gets quite warm.

Never thought of that... It can get quite warm on board when the sun's out. Even in this cold weather... I'll chat with the get tomorrow anyway. Just to check...

Saying that she's been a right greedy minx today! :D

• Like 1

Never thought of that... It can get quite warm on board when the sun's out. Even in this cold weather... I'll chat with the get tomorrow anyway. Just to check...

Hope she's okay though..! :hug2: Could you give her an ear scratch and a chin rub from me, please? Thanks. :)

Hope she's okay though..! :hug2: Could you give her an ear scratch and a chin rub from me, please? Thanks. :)

Will do! :)

I've booked her in for Saturday morning. She's due a checkup anyways...

• Like 1

Will do! :)

I've booked her in for Saturday morning. She's due a checkup anyways...

Thanks, Lyndsey! :) Virtual :hug2: s for both you and Scooter! :)

• Like 1

For Babycat and her kitty! :heart: :hug2:

Just got back from the vet. He said she had lost weight and he reckons it might be an over active thyroid. He's taken a blood sample and they will call us with the results either today or Monday.

• Like 1

For Babycat and her kitty! :heart: :hug2:

Just got back from the vet. He said she had lost weight and he reckons it might be an over active thyroid. He's taken a blood sample and they will call us with the results either today or Monday.

oh crikey! :o Sounds like hyperthyroidism..! :hug2:

http://www.fabcats.org/owners/hyperthyroidism/info.html

Thanks for the link! Very interesting stuff!! :cheers:

We've had a call from the vet it IS hyperactive thyroids!! :(

We're going to start her on tablets and we've got to take her back in one months time to see how she's getting on with them.

• Like 1

We're going to start her on tablets and we've got to take her back in one months time to see how she's getting on with them.

Your poor little kitty..! If only I could give her a cuddle! :hug2:

So do I! She's not really a cuddle type cat... She doesn't like to be picked up and carried about and she doesn't often sit on my lap. She does though more with Brett... We get the impression she wasn't picked up and cuddled when she was a kitten so she's not used to it.

• Like 1

So do I! She's not really a cuddle type cat... She doesn't like to be picked up and carried about and she doesn't often sit on my lap. She does though more with Brett... We get the impression she wasn't picked up and cuddled when she was a kitten so she's not used to it.

My cat's like that - being a rescue kitty, I got the impression of a lack of toys and loving families and probably being mishandled. She cries if I try to pick her up, she doesn't like being in a warm room, she won't lay on my lap, she turns her nose up at some of her pouches. Yet she loves being stroked, having her fur brushed and having her treats.

My cat's like that - being a rescue kitty, I got the impression of a lack of toys and loving families and probably being mishandled. She cries if I try to pick her up, she doesn't like being in a warm room, she won't lay on my lap, she turns her nose up at some of her pouches. Yet she loves being stroked, having her fur brushed and having her treats.

Scooter is very similar except she loves a warm room and sometimes she sits on Brett's lap.

OMG I just got in from pottering about outside and she's brought a dead bird on board and is now happily eating it!!!

She's brought mice in before but this is her first birdy!!

• Like 1

Scooter is very similar except she loves a warm room and sometimes she sits on Brett's lap.

OMG I just got in from pottering about outside and she's brought a dead bird on board and is now happily eating it!!!

:clap: Well done, Scooter! :clap:

My kitty just swears at the birdies - she'd run if they chased her..! :D

• Like 1

:clap: Well done, Scooter! :clap:

My kitty just swears at the birdies - she'd run if they chased her..! :D

:LOL:

Normally Scooter would!! I think that may change now...

Edited by LyndseyG
  • Like 1

@Lyndsey - who's the cutie in the middle pic in your sig..? :wub:

That's Yngwie Malmsteen!! That pic was taken a few years back... But I still find him kinda cute now!

You should check out his work!!

:guitar:

• Like 1

That's Yngwie Malmsteen!! That pic was taken a few years back... But I still find him kinda cute now!

Jeez, is he :drool: :drool: :drool: !

Oh yeah!! :wub: :drool: :ebert:

Hubba! :tempted:

Oh yeah!! :goodone:

Yup!! :goodone:

Yup!! :goodone:

:tempted: !

So... Scooter is currentlty sporting new fashion accessory to prevent her from washing the cream off the injury on her neck...

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/null-128.jpg

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/null-129.jpg

• Like 2