Cats!

Mr. Not

Our new kitty Gracie finally let me pet her :D I wrote in another thread about us going down to Vegas to pick her up last Friday. The owners had to rehome her since they moved to a smaller house and one of their other cats was having an issue with her. We know the lady they bought her from so it was cool. She's been hiding in the downstairs room since we got back Saturday and not wanting to come out. Finally last night after sitting in the room with her for over an hour, she popped her head out and I offered some Churu and I became her friend :)

She's a beautiful British Shorthair (like the boy in my signature, only smaller) and 5 years old. It will take some time before she can integrate into the house with our other cats but now at least I know she is going to let us be her friends. Very happy she is coming around, :clap:

• Like 4

Having a rough time with our senior kitties of late. Thought this was the better place to discuss here.

Oldest (16) Ron Weasley has kidney disease, in process of treating (not sure treatment is helping). Lost next oldest Faramir(14) last Sunday,had stopped eating :( :rose:. Third in line Rusty (12) has lost a great deal of weight. After tests, determined he has diabetes. So he began injections yesterday. Seems to have perked up a bit but it will take time to be sure he has stabilized. Hubby is giving him the shots, I am a bit squeamish about needles :scared:

On the positive side, Gracie who joined us this summer is now staying upstairs at least 3/4 of the time. We have a cat tree in the computer room and she has decided it is hers now. Think she likes it because she can see outside and gets to sleep in the sunlight in the afternoon. Was there snoozing away when I went to bed last night. Progress :)

Having a rough time with our senior kitties of late. Thought this was the better place to discuss here.

Oldest (16) Ron Weasley has kidney disease, in process of treating (not sure treatment is helping). Lost next oldest Faramir(14) last Sunday,had stopped eating :( :rose:. Third in line Rusty (12) has lost a great deal of weight. After tests, determined he has diabetes. So he began injections yesterday. Seems to have perked up a bit but it will take time to be sure he has stabilized. Hubby is giving him the shots, I am a bit squeamish about needles :scared:

On the positive side, Gracie who joined us this summer is now staying upstairs at least 3/4 of the time. We have a cat tree in the computer room and she has decided it is hers now. Think she likes it because she can see outside and gets to sleep in the sunlight in the afternoon. Was there snoozing away when I went to bed last night. Progress :)

So sorry you've lost one and RW is struggling Rhyta. I choose to believe that Rusty will get squared away with the right regimen. Having loved pets get sick and die is one of the harder things in life to deal with.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Some of you know what a fan I am of Brad “Cinema Snob” Jones.  Loved the animated videos he made for him as well as his Lone Star 911 show recaps.  RIP Lloyd.

J0AyWmQ.jpg

:rose: RIP Lloyd, he touched many lives.  Coming up on the anniversary of losing my buddy Ron Weasley, I still cry when I think of him, such a loveable cat.  Miss having him come up to me in the morning and meow in my ear to get up..:sigh::sad:

• Like 2