new to the boards, semi-new to rush

garbo

hello all, i am new to the boards, semi- new to rush (as stated above). i have been listening to rush for quite some time, although i have only all-too recently begun the only seemingly obvious endeavor to purchase albums, dvds, et al to add to my collection, and hopefully, see them live in concert.

i am also, obviously since i am posting in here, a female (under the age of thirty, above the age of legality, meaning twenty-one). i am also nearly (nearly) canadian. that deserves a story unto itself, but alas, i cannot tell it here due to time.

i am a geddy girl, finding him seemingly attractive and may add to some jealous rage that i do play upright bass (my main instruments are voice and violin), although i find neil's intellect appealing and alex's goofiness is indeed charming. otherwise, i look forward to chatting with you gals and hope to explore this place a bit more. i cannot promise to be particularly loquacious, seeing as i am not an avid internet user, however, i shall try. biggrin.gif and if i have any questions, i shall be certain to drop them here.

cheers.

bekloppt.gif garbo, what a lovely name! I'm babycat. Welcome to TRF - we're all friendly here - you'll fit right in with us. I myself am hopelessly in love with Ged, completely devoted, & though I love Al & Neil too, I am devoted to the band as a whole. Also, I'm potty as a box of cats, so don't mind me -you'll get used to me. tongue.gif th1245.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

bekloppt.gif Another bass player! However, I don't play the upright variety...just bass guitar. Oh, and I love Geddy. Been a devoted Geddy gal since I was 14! yes.gif

Anywho, enjoy your time here. We tend to be a roudy bunch, so I hope you're not easily offended. laugh.gif

Hi garbo! bekloppt.gif

I'm relatively new here, too. These Rush ladies have made me feel most welcome. It's a fun place to be.

Now, I'm a Lerxst-girl (ever since I sat right in front of/below him for an entire show - holy moley!) but I do find Geddy to be, as the thread says, hot. I'm intellectually drawn to Neil but now and then his physicality piques my interest (mmm.. drummer muscles).

Been a Rush fan for nigh on 30 years, thanks to my Hubby and then-room mate (first album - Hemispheres). I am a percussionist but am learning how to play my Taurus pedals. Also trying to to pick the guitar back up after about 30 years... hmmmm... stopped playing about the time I first heard La Villa Strangiato. I guess that just made me embarrassed to even admit I played, so I quit! laugh.gif

Anyway, welcome! Drooling encouraged. wink.gif

Hi Garbo, welcome! bekloppt.gif

Like Rushchick, I also play bass guitar, but I'd love to have a go on a standup at least once sometime. smile.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 18 2010, 11:50 PM)
Welcome garbo! I too am new here, and while not exactly new to Rush, my major rediscovery of them was at my first show Sept. 2nd! Like waking up from the dead! And I too have fallen under Geddy's spell

GeddyFinal.gif Carrie

It is like waking up from the dead! I haven't felt this way about a band (or about music) in years. It's quite exhilarating. biggrin.gif

Hi Garbo,

Welcome and stuff.

Awesome that you are a bass player, the world needs more female musicians.

1022.gif

bekloppt.gif Hi Garbo, welcome! trink39.gif

Welcome! I'm fairly new to this forum, too! I think you'll like it here!

We tend to post some pretty naughty comments about the guys when new pictures are added. I hope you don't mind.

laugh.gif

I found this forum when I was exploring 1990s - present Rush and it really is a great place to hang out and to learn more about the band.

QUOTE (YYZrocks @ Oct 19 2010, 10:07 PM)
Welcome! I'm fairly new to this forum, too! I think you'll like it here!
We tend to post some pretty naughty comments about the guys when new pictures are added. I hope you don't mind.
laugh.gif

I found this forum when I was exploring 1990s - present Rush and it really is a great place to hang out and to learn more about the band.

LOL, no worries! biggrin.gif It is turning out to be a great place to hang.

Hi Garbo! Sorry for the late welcome but I'm still on hols in LA so can only get in here on free wifi. Have a great time. I'm a Lerxst girl but totally comprehend the Gediliciousness too.

In other news, my new tatt is itchy laugh.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Oct 20 2010, 09:42 AM)
Hi Garbo! Sorry for the late welcome but I'm still on hols in LA so can only get in here on free wifi. Have a great time. I'm a Lerxst girl but totally comprehend the Gediliciousness too.

In other news, my new tatt is itchy laugh.gif

Thanks!!

Ooo, what sort of tattoo did you get? I'm actually considering getting one...

QUOTE (garbo @ Oct 20 2010, 05:15 PM)

In other news, my new tatt is itchy  laugh.gif

Thanks!!

Yes! I demand pictures IMMEDIATELY!! 1287.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (garbo @ Oct 20 2010, 10:15 PM)

In other news, my new tatt is itchy  laugh.gif

Thanks!!

Rush tattoo done in Kat Von D's place in LA. Jaime, you'll have to be patient lol

Eagerly awaiting pictures of the new tat.... cool.gif

Hi Garbo, I am new here 2, I am from the other side but I find it easier here, the banter is great.

Hi Foxxi. Tat sounds great. Sounds like you are having a good time over there.

NC......