Final Thoughts

QUOTE (johndyar @ Oct 19 2010, 12:03 PM)
This tour was great for me. I got to spend another Rush show (and one of the best) with my daughter, got to meet a lot of Rush fans at the pre-show meet-up, got a picture from my daughters Make-A-Wish with Rush signed by the guys, and I got to see a friend that was working the tour. Even though I would have liked to see them more than once on this tour, I am very content with my Rush tour experience this year. Can't wait for the next tour!

Wow, a picture with NEIL F ING PEART!!! COOL

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Bonghitsforjesus @ Oct 19 2010, 03:49 PM)
QUOTE (johndyar @ Oct 19 2010, 12:03 PM)
This tour was great for me. I got to spend another Rush show (and one of the best) with my daughter, got to meet a lot of Rush fans at the pre-show meet-up, got a picture from my daughters Make-A-Wish with Rush signed by the guys, and I got to see a friend that was working the tour. Even though I would have liked to see them more than once on this tour, I am very content with my Rush tour experience this year. Can't wait for the next tour!

Wow, a picture with NEIL F ING PEART!!! COOL

Yeah, John...is that really Neil or an incredibly lifelike cardboard stand-up? wink.gif

Ok, seriously...how DID that happen?

(p.s.--I want back and took a look at your Make-a-Wish photo link... obviously it's not your average "meet n greet" and Neil was happy to join in for a very special event)

Edited by friendlyvoice

Thank you AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif and GeddyFinal.gif for taking me in your time machine and giving me two of the very best nights of my life!!!! Nah, actually those were THE two best nights of my life. applaudit.gif

Enjoy your time off! See you on the next tour.

QUOTE (johndyar @ Oct 19 2010, 01:03 PM)

I never specifically said this, but it was a pleasure meeting you in Atlanta. smile.gif

The meetup was THE BEST part of the tour IMO. To chat with some of you fine people here on the board (you know who you are) was memorable for me. Wish I could have met more of you.

Oh yeah, and the show was great too, and I really appreciate Rush putting their heart and soul into every one of them. The only complaint I might have is the repetition of songs over time. I wish they had some sort of guideline where they committed to overturning like 20% of the setlist on every tour. OK, maybe that's a bit much, but you get what I mean. That would make sure that overlooked gems make it on the setlist, and I think I would be more excited about buying the DVD if it had a lot of new stuff on it.

But anyway, Rush is #1, and they always will be. 2.gif

If I had to guess, I'll say Clockwork Angels will come out in 2011 but I wouldn't count on a tour until 2012. I hope they tour next year but I think it will depend upon them finishing and releasing CA first. And with Neil having a very young child, I'm thinking he'd like to spend some time at home.

Just a guess on the above, though.

I recall that when the setlist came out for this tour, I was bitching up a storm. But after seeing them in Houston, all my worries went away. Hearing all of MP really was special and LVS really sealed the deal for me, I just absolutely love that song. Even the non-Rush loving wife has asked about when they're coming back. Epic show!