Alterbridge III

Rushman14

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 15 2010, 06:09 PM)
I heard that there wasn't an American release date for it yet. Has that changed at all? Or should I look at "alternative" ways of getting the music?

I like their last two albums so i'm looking forward to this one 1022.gif

They signed a last minute deal with EMI. Comes out Nov 9th. It's epic! At first i wasnt sure if it was as good as Blackbird but after the about the 3rd listen, I was blown away. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Oct 16 2010, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 15 2010, 06:09 PM)
I heard that there wasn't an American release date for it yet. Has that changed at all? Or should I look at "alternative" ways of getting the music?

I like their last two albums so i'm looking forward to this one 1022.gif

They signed a last minute deal with EMI. Comes out Nov 9th. It's epic! At first i wasnt sure if it was as good as Blackbird but after the about the 3rd listen, I was blown away. 1022.gif

Cool. I'm deffinitley gonna check it out then. It's good to know they got someone in America to distribute it. I'm still not sure why Roadrunner could only do that in Europe and not here? Seems rather unusual considering they're an Amercian band.

At least with an official release here I have a tour to look forward to in the US. Hopefully they can get close enough for me to see them.

I'd prefer it to be called "Alter Bridge III" rather than "AB III" but that isn't really a big deal - the release date has completely passed me by, I thought it wouldn't be out for a while yet! I might have to pick it up at some point, because their other two albums are great

This album kicks ass 1022.gif They rest of the guys need to stop with the Creed reunion crap and focus on Alter Bridge full time. I'm sure they get paid decent for the Creed revival but Alter Bridge is just on a different level musically and Miles Kenedy's voice is amazing.

There's no doubt in my mind that they're the best modern rock act out there right now. This album is full of great songs from begining to end.

Their best effort so far trink39.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 19 2010, 03:09 PM)
This album kicks ass 1022.gif They rest of the guys need to stop with the Creed reunion crap and focus on Alter Bridge full time. I'm sure they get paid decent for the Creed revival but Alter Bridge is just on a different level musically and Miles Kenedy's voice is amazing.

There's no doubt in my mind that they're the best modern rock act out there right now. This album is full of great songs from begining to end.

I actually thought the Creed reunion album was really good ph34r.gif

but I agree, AB is the best modern rock band out there right now. I am addicted to this record. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Oct 21 2010, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 19 2010, 03:09 PM)

I actually thought the Creed reunion album was really good ph34r.gif

but I agree, AB is the best modern rock band out there right now. I am addicted to this record. 1022.gif

I'm addicted to it right now to. The guitar work on this album is great and Miles Kennedy is such a fantastic singer. He could sing the worst lyrics possible and make them sound great.

The lyrics are darker themed on this one than their first two albums, which had an overall positive vibe. I'm not sure if something tragic happened to them or if they just decided to expand their horizons and do something a little darker. It's worked out well for them I think and has given the band a new demsion to their songwritting now.

QUOTE (solarcaravan @ Oct 23 2010, 03:05 PM)
So I just listened to the whole album recently...I LOVE IT!

"Ghost of Days Gone By" has to be one of my favorite tracks from this album.

yes.gif

I like how the song is upbeat for the first few minutes then it all of a sudden takes a darker turn during the bridge. It cacthes you by surprise.

'Still Remains' I think is my favorite at the moment. I haven't been able to get it out of my head for a few days now new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Slip To The Void, Isolation and I Know It Hurts are great to.

I feel like such an idiot...first time I have ever seen them on Palladia the other night and they kick ass! Wow what I have been missing!

wacko.gif