The Gift

2112Oracle

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 7 2010, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 7 2010, 03:37 AM)
QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 6 2010, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 6 2010, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Oct 10 2010, 04:04 AM)
unsure.gif a thread about Rush and the curse??? Really??? confused13.gif

My thoughts exactly...

Same here. facepalm.gif

It wasn't me who started this thread about Rush & the "gift"(!) confused13.gif

*hugs* It's okay, dear. I'm a little smug about another thread, but I'm not going to say anything. *hugs again*

Oh... hug2.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 8 2010, 01:00 AM)
Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything last night, but I've decided to. Ugh, here I go - I know I'm going to be unpopular and hated once again in life, but 1) I'm used to it and 2) I am who I am - someone who can't keep her mouth shut.

I think it's a little hypocritical how we all (myself included) can be so extreme, competitive, and even embarrassingly kinky in our lust for the guys, which I'm afraid the guys would be turned off or even offended by as married men, but when someone brings up that their music is genuinely helpful in a part of life that's challenging, they get attacked for it. This makes sense?

Um, aren't we supposed to be in this fandom TOGETHER? I'm also going by some of the stuff that's happening on Facebook right now, FYI, but I've only been a fan for two months and I'm already getting turned off. Not to Rush; I'm well prepared to listen to them all by myself, if I have to, but I would have liked to have felt welcome to do so with others. I don't, especially as that awkward New Fan in the room.

hug2.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 8 2010, 01:44 PM)
Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything last night, but I've decided to. Ugh, here I go - I know I'm going to be unpopular and hated once again in life, but 1) I'm used to it and 2) I am who I am - someone who can't keep her mouth shut.

I think it's a little hypocritical how we all (myself included) can be so extreme, competitive, and even embarrassingly kinky in our lust for the guys, which I'm afraid the guys would be turned off or even offended by as married men, but when someone brings up that their music is genuinely helpful in a part of life that's challenging, they get attacked for it. This makes sense?

Um, aren't we supposed to be in this fandom TOGETHER? I'm also going by some of the stuff that's happening on Facebook right now, FYI, but I've only been a fan for two months and I'm already getting turned off. Not to Rush; I'm well prepared to listen to them all by myself, if I have to, but I would have liked to have felt welcome to do so with others. I don't, especially as that awkward New Fan in the room.

hug2.gif hug2.gif

Not sure that anyone was attacking anyone else here...I, personally, don't feel comfortable discussing this particular aspect of my life. It's not that I am embarrassed, for I am a grown woman and take this as part of life. I just feel it's private. My opinion, that's all. Guess it's just the way I was raised. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 8 2010, 03:08 PM)
QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 8 2010, 01:44 PM)

hug2.gif hug2.gif

Not sure that anyone was attacking anyone else here...I, personally, don't feel comfortable discussing this particular aspect of my life. It's not that I am embarrassed, for I am a grown woman and take this as part of life. I just feel it's private. My opinion, that's all. Guess it's just the way I was raised. confused13.gif

Sure, I understand where you're coming from. No worries. angel.gif

Not sure that anyone was attacking anyone else here...I, personally, don't feel comfortable discussing this particular aspect of my life.  It's not that I am embarrassed, for I am a grown woman and take this as part of life.  I just feel it's private.  My opinion, that's all.  Guess it's just the way I was raised. confused13.gif

What she said.

I'm a relative newbie to the forum and I've had people disagree with some of my posts but I've had to accept that people are allowed to air their views on my opinion because it is a public forum and if I choose to post in here then it is inevitable that someone at some point is going to reply to me and possibly disagree/have issues with what I post.

In the short time I've been in here I've helped a few newbies out. I've never attacked anyone because, if I had a big problem with something someone says, then I'd take it to PM. As the Admin of another big forum, I know exactly the damage that really hurtful comments can make, so I'm careful about what I post.

As what some have said above, I'm not comfortable discussing "lady issues" on public venues. Hell, I don't even like discussing some personal issues on public forums (it depends). However, if you feel like you're being attacked, I do offer hugs and PMs, which I think most of the ladies here can offer.

It is rough being new. I've felt that way here (the odd "how do I fit in" bit), but you know, you work it out and what not. And some people won't agree with you, some will. And if you need a hug, there are always plenty of people willing to offer you a Rushian forum one. smile.gif

To be absolutely honest, I don't really feel entirely comfortable talking about personal/private stuff - I'm not sure how it got to the subject of the band & the gift; I can give anyone a PM as well & I'm willing to give a hug2.gif too if they need it. Edited by Babycat

I've found that going running while listening to Rush and screaming out "2112" at the top of one's lungs really helps alleviate the terribleness of that week. However, I don't recommend this unless one lives in a quiet neighborhood of old people and as long as everyone else is at work.

Seriously, though, exercise helps. And Rush music. Anything to take your mind off things and get the angst out.

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 8 2010, 09:14 PM)

It is rough being new. I've felt that way here (the odd "how do I fit in" bit), but you know, you work it out and what not. And some people won't agree with you, some will. And if you need a hug, there are always plenty of people willing to offer you a Rushian forum one. smile.gif

Yup I felt that way too when I first got here, but there are a lot of good people here who made me feel welcome. I'm a hug monster .. anyone needs one, gimme a shout wink.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 9 2010, 03:37 AM)
I'm a hug monster .. anyone needs one, gimme a shout wink.gif applaudit.gif

I need a hug! I am feeling down...been nearly three months since I hugged Geddy... fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 9 2010, 11:45 AM)
I'm a hug monster .. anyone needs one, gimme a shout wink.gif  applaudit.gif

I need a hug! I am feeling down...been nearly three months since I hugged Geddy... fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

wink.gif

*sticks on a false nose and dark wig and hugs*

really though hug2.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 9 2010, 06:45 AM)
I'm a hug monster .. anyone needs one, gimme a shout wink.gif  applaudit.gif

wink.gif

hug2.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif

I kind of apologize for starting this thread. It's starting to come to me that it was sort of vague.

Sorry to anyone I may have offended.

Hugs all around, and a drink...

hug2.gif trink38.gif

This is one gift Mother Nature did not give me.

I do not PMS because I do not menstruate.

I do not menstruate because I do not ovulate.

I do not ovulate because I have PCOS.

I have zero interest in having biological children, so this may be moot. I have been successfully diagnosed and treated. I am more concerned with preventing diabetes than with the infertility part.

I am in a good mood every day of the month...as long as it is before 11PM or so. After that, I am just plain incoherent. My solar cycle works well- it's the lunar one that does not work at all.

I still like being female.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Nov 21 2010, 03:02 PM)
This is one gift Mother Nature did not give me.

I do not PMS because I do not menstruate.
I do not menstruate because I do not ovulate.
I do not ovulate because I have PCOS.

I have zero interest in having biological children, so this may be moot. I have been successfully diagnosed and treated. I am more concerned with preventing diabetes than with the infertility part.

I am in a good mood every day of the month...as long as it is before 11PM or so. After that, I am just plain incoherent. My solar cycle works well- it's the lunar one that does not work at all.

I still like being female.

In a way, you are lucky not to deal with what Mother Nature gave women like myself. biggrin.gif

Good to know that I'm not the only woman in this world who doesn't want children. I am fertile and can actually have them, but I have no interest in it. At all. I could care less. And being bi, like yourself, I'm far more likely to seek out another woman as a partner. Another reason I won't have to worry about pregnancy and all that happy crap. eyesre4.gif

Being a woman is an amazing and empowering thing, it really is. Just not when PMS and the whole deal hits. All other times, though, I am very proud of being female. So should all the other women and girls in this world. tongue.gif

Before being diagnosed, my anovulatory bleeding was very irregular and unpredictable. Which made it very annoying- especially since I was not wearing tampons back then (old-fashioned family). Cramps were easily manageable with exercise- I did not even need an analgesic. Other mainly annoying part was the acne on my back- didn't get it on my face. Hirsutism I shaved/bleached/depilated/waxed off. Mother made a big fuss about my extra weight (she has anorexia nervosa and orthorexia nervosa), but I was not a plus size (just on the larger side of average and not even the heaviest girl in class), so it was not the biggest annoyance to me- yet it was the main reason why I was taken to an endocrinologist. I have been slender since my diagnosis, have no acne, no hirsutism, and a very regular and predictable and pain-free drip. Blood sugar is still very low. Cholesterol has gone down since I became a vegetarian.

I do know a lesbian couple who had a baby recently. One partner had two children from her first marriage. But the other one had the baby this time.

I know another lesbian couple who will TTC starting next year.

I know several women (mostly straight) who were devastated upon finding out they had PCOS and their likelyhood of having kids was lowered. But if anyone can handle that side effect, it is me. I just don't want to risk diabetes. Or to bring another person to this already overpopulated world. Biological parenthood is just not.for.me.