Calling all Trekkies!

Jack Aubrey

From The Digital Bits:

And for you Star Trek fans, Paramount Home Entertainment is soliciting your two cents on a series of Fan Collective Edition DVD box sets it plans to produce in the months ahead. From the studio's press release, visitors to Star Trek.Com can "rank their favorite among four sets including: Klingon, Borg, Time Travel and Q. For each box set, they will also have a chance to select up to five episodes that they believe is most representative for each category or on of the overlooked episodes. In addition, visitors can suggest other Star Trek: Fan Collective DVD box sets and episodes they would like to see in the future."

The Borg have always been one of the most popular villains in the ST Universe.

Knowing this, that was probably why the story line of Voyager took them into the Delta Quadrant. The writers knew that they could do many stories involving the Borg as Voyager traversed the quadrant to try and get home.

Unfortunately, though I didn't actually see it, I have heard the Voyager finale was anti-climactic because the writers just sort of got lazy and played the "visitor from the future" and the "poof, you're home" cards.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 19 2005, 01:08 PM)
Star Trek The Next Generation is the best Star Trek ever made. My dad owns all the seasons on DVD and we watch them on the weekends. Great times. I personally love all the Q episodes. He is a great character and makes the shows funny. trink39.gif

I have to agree there on that one. I actually got to see TNG on tv yesterday. It made my day!!! I used to watch them every nite. Never missed an episode. Data, Lt. Yaar and Counselor Troi was my favorites. smile.gif

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Apr 19 2005, 04:18 AM)
The Borg have always been one of the most popular villains in the ST Universe.

Knowing this, that was probably why the story line of Voyager took them into the Delta Quadrant. The writers knew that they could do many stories involving the Borg as Voyager traversed the quadrant to try and get home.

Unfortunately, though I didn't actually see it, I have heard the Voyager finale was anti-climactic because the writers just sort of got lazy and played the "visitor from the future" and the "poof, you're home" cards.

Yeah, the Voyager finale didnt do much for me either. They did some pretty wacky things plotwise (beaming the Doc thru the Hirojan (sp??) comm sys, the "long distance" phone calls towards the end) , I really thought they could have done better. I would have liked seeing the "voyage" not end, get them much closer but not really home yet. Oh well

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Apr 19 2005, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 19 2005, 01:08 PM)
Star Trek The Next Generation is the best Star Trek ever made.  My dad owns all the seasons on DVD and we watch them on the weekends.  Great times.  I personally love all the Q episodes.  He is a great character and makes the shows funny.  trink39.gif

I have to agree there on that one. I actually got to see TNG on tv yesterday. It made my day!!! I used to watch them every nite. Never missed an episode. Data, Lt. Yaar and Counselor Troi was my favorites. smile.gif

That's awesome. Data and Q are my favorites. I love their remarks. laugh.gif

It's a tough call between Q, the Borg, and time travel.

Q was a novel idea and it was interesting to see his character develop over the seasons. He always added a measure of comedy meddled with some kind of moral puzzle or challenging philosophical question.

The Borg were an ingenious addition to the Enterprise's list of formidable foes. Visually arresting and existentially thought-provoking, the episodes with the Borg rank among the most engaging in the Star Trek chronicles.

In the end, though, those episodes that explore the subject of time travel are... timeless. They end leaving the viewer breathless, gaping at the television screen veritably stunned and wishing the story hadn't ended so soon.

I apologize that all my verbs are in the preterit. My interest in Star Trek began waning shortly after the conclusion of The Next Generation. Captain Picard's successors just did not fill his shoes, and the writing suffered a similar decline.