Another mainstream RUSH reference

WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

Heard a RUSH reference on the ABC show Rookie Blue. On the Thursday 9:00 pm show (pst), at about 9:15 one cop asks the other about what music he is in to.

The cop says " I like Rush, I'm really in to a lot of Rush's music"

I guess it's the cool thing these days......To like Rush.

A little different from back in 1977 when I started listening to them.

I say, everybody jump on the bandwagon and enjoy the ride.

Yeah, I got into it late, but only because of my age. I was of driving age in 1990, and my neighbor (who was a bass player in a HS band) gave me Chronicles. That was it for me.

Amazing at the last 2 tours the number of people around me that were "at their first concert"

It was my 15th last time, and they were amazed. I told them 15 ain't shit!!

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 27 2010, 08:18 AM)
Yeah, I got into it late, but only because of my age. I was of driving age in 1990, and my neighbor (who was a bass player in a HS band) gave me Chronicles. That was it for me.

Amazing at the last 2 tours the number of people around me that were "at their first concert"

It was my 15th last time, and they were amazed. I told them 15 ain't shit!!

Sounds like I am just slightly younger than you. I heard Nobody's Hero on the radio in the fall of 1993, just a couple of months before I started driver's ed, and that was it for me. Been a crazy fan ever since! Unfortunately, because of my geographical location, I have only seen Rush 9 times (hoping for #10 the end of September!). I have to travel to see them, and it's only been two of those concerts where I have traveled less than 200 miles one way.

Oh, and I would tell people how many concerts I had been to this tour (only three) and I would get the "oh, are you following the band?" or (since I am a FEMALE!) "Are you a groupie?" eyesre4.gif Come on! I know so many people who are catching 15-20 shows this tour. Makes me look like a casual fan! I would go to more shows, I am just lacking the funds! banghead.gif

Anywho, I am really stoked to see Rush get so much attention lately. They deserve it! And don't worry...it's not going to affect them or the music they do. If it was going to affect them, it would have a long time ago. cool.gif

There was even a Rush reference on Dr. Drew the other night while Psycho Mike was doing a Gene Simmons impersonation. He mentioned "Geddy Lee" and "Rush" in the same sentence.

I was like.........WOWEEE!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Archived