I'm going to spill the beans....

nobodys hero

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 13 2010, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Aug 13 2010, 06:10 PM)
old.gif  Well the cat is out of the bag... cat.gif

http://www.xs4all.nl/~wichm/cameraman.gif AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  http://www.marksondawe.com/cameraman.gif

trink39.gif  1287.gif  common001.gif  cheer.gif  applaudit.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  653.gif

Kinda felt my hand was forced to do so Skull!

old.gif Was that a lack of mind over body control? rofl3.gif 1022.gif 1287.gif 2.gif

Wow!! I saw them at Red Rocks on the first leg of the Snakes and Arrows tour. I always thought they should film a concert there, that is an awesome venue!!!! 2.gif

COOL BEANS!!!!!!!

Red Rocks in on our "Bucket List"!!!! . . . alas . . . not in the cards this year . . . darn! sad.gif

Make sure there are no "date chicks" in front - - and support the BOYS with all your ENERGIES!!!!!!! wub.gif

RED ROCKS have an WICKED AWESOME filming for us . . . for us to share . . . for generations to come! cheer.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 13 2010, 12:43 AM)

I've known about this since May, the RR show on 8/18 will be filmed. Why am I spilling the beans now?...I think someone overheard me tell my friend today.

I don't know anything about the 16th being filmed, but I was told by the promoter that the 18th would be filmed. It would make sense they would use both days but a friend who works at RR told me they would be taking down all their equipment after the show on the 16th and setting it all up again on the 18th.
Look for me in the crowd...I'll be the one wearing the Rush shirt! tongue.gif

was it filmed?

QUOTE (Phantom @ Aug 19 2010, 01:40 AM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 13 2010, 12:43 AM)

I've known about this since May, the RR show on 8/18 will be filmed. Why am I spilling the beans now?...I think someone overheard me tell my friend today.

I don't know anything about the 16th being filmed, but I was told by the promoter that the 18th would be filmed. It would make sense they would use both days but a friend who works at RR told me they would be taking down all their equipment after the show on the 16th and setting it all up again on the 18th. 
Look for me in the crowd...I'll be the one wearing the Rush shirt! tongue.gif

was it filmed?

I've never been to a show that was being taped, but I imagine the guys would have at least made some comment if was. They made no such comment. Too bad, because it was the buzz at the tailgate parties.

Seems unlikely to me that they would release a video of a show where the entire light rig is not setup/being used. Saw NM, Vegas, Red Rocks twice and the Vegas show/indoor show is just bigger and more complete feeling to me. They would seem to benefit from both being filmed to use best of performances. Tom Sawyer really could not be used from tonight with that ending. I do, however, hope you are right because I would love a Red Rocks DVD since I live here and it is "the most beautiful venue in North America". Thanks guys, it was a great summer!

2.gif

QUOTE (Phantom @ Aug 21 2010, 01:26 AM)
it's odd... doesn't seem that anyone has definitively been able to confirm, one way or the other, whether or not red rocks was filmed for dvd.

i imagine we'll find out eventually.

EPIC FAIL!

Nothing was filmed at all from what my eyes could see.

They had the same old same old Sony cameras there for the side screen and center screen projections.

I thought I saw some extra microphones on the side of stage left and stage right, so perhaps it will be a live "cd" recording."

There were no "zip line" cameras overhead like at an NFL game.

There were no state of the art cameras for in depth filming.

Again, after seeing both shows live at Red Rocks with my own eyes and ears I'm glad the boys didn't record for a dvd or a Blu Ray.

There were too many flaws and timing mistakes.

It would be like recreating Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Live Alive" album in the studio. UGH!

The only beans that were spilled were the ones labeled false hope and lost dreams from the Jolly Green Giant's anus.

Would you pay for a dvd or a blu-ray of Geddy apologizing for the video screen going "Lights Out?"

Signed,

UFO wacko.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 21 2010, 03:53 AM)
There were no "zip line" cameras overhead like at an NFL game.

There were too many flaws and timing mistakes.

Would you pay for a dvd or a blu-ray of Geddy apologizing for the video screen going "Lights Out?"

I didn't realize the Broncos were playing Rush this week...

Too many flaws? Exactly how many are allowed? And what crystal ball do they use before the show (when they decide to film or not to film) to assess if the number of flaws will be one too many? Because by your logic, at some point, there is "one too many". Does a DVD require perfection? Not to me.

The band looked tired or angry or something at the beginning of the Monday show and the technical problems were significant. But I'd be VERY happy to plunk down the bucks for a BRay for Wednesday's show. I wouldn't bat an eye to have to endure Tom Sawyer or any of the rest of the show. I loved it and thought it was - in sum total - an excellent show. I enjoyed it more that any of the more technically perfect Rush shows I've seen. What stood out to me this week is how much the band can change in just 2 days. It was a very human experience. My advice to you is to stop going to see Rush shows, stop buying Rush CDs and DVDs. That will reduce the risk that you'll ever have to endure another timing mistake. The horror, the horror....