First time seeing Rush!

Hi everyone--

I just wanted to express how excited I am that tomorrow night will be the first time I ever see my favorite band live! I missed them on the S&A tour since I had a tennis tournament (and it was Mother's Day), so I've been waiting for over two years for this day. I even met the guys at the WoF ceremony a few months ago, but nothing can compare to my excitement right now! I probably won't even sleep tonight haha

Has anyone else seen these guys for the first time this tour? or does anyone have funny stories about seeing them for the first time?

Thanks, and I'll let you know how the show is tomorrow (even though I know it'll be awesome)!!

RUSH concerts are amazing. I haven't been to a LOT like some people, but I've been to five... well... four... but the 23rd of this month will make my fifth! Every time I almost come close to crying / tearing up... my first show, I was on Ged's side... 7th row... and when that first riff opened up Limelight... got kinda choked up... it's so emotional and so overwhelming to be a part of that. The fans are usually great to be around, too... the people I've sat by, especially that first show... VERY nice... this tour has been great and I hope you have a WONDERFUL time.

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Aug 12 2010, 10:59 PM)
Enjoy!

I don't know if we're going to make it to the show or not. We have to watch our money. But last night's show was so amazing that we wanna go again!!!

Seeing Rush is like going on the best roller coaster on the planet.

You get a bit curious and excited in the beginning and the adrenaline might fire off into the bloodstream before the actual ride, but once the experience kicks in, you never want to get off.

Shit, I wanted to take the kids to Disneyland so Wendy and I could hit the Irvine show.

What's that song by Mr. Big? Oh yeah, "Addicted To That RUSH!"

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 12 2010, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Aug 12 2010, 10:59 PM)
Enjoy! 

I don't know if we're going to make it to the show or not.  We have to watch our money.  But last night's show was so amazing that we wanna go again!!!

Seeing Rush is like going on the best roller coaster on the planet.

You get a bit curious and excited in the beginning and the adrenaline might fire off into the bloodstream before the actual ride, but once the experience kicks in, you never want to get off.

Shit, I wanted to take the kids to Disneyland so Wendy and I could hit the Irvine show.

What's that song by Mr. Big? Oh yeah, "Addicted To That RUSH!"

trink39.gif

I hear ya loud and clear!

We are looking at da money to see if we can afford to get tix... ya know, try to haggle with an eBayer or Craigslister.... wink.gif

Would be sweet to see this show again!!!!! 653.gif

QUOTE (The Spirit of Radio @ Aug 12 2010, 10:41 PM)
I just wanted to express how excited I am that tomorrow night will be the first time I ever see my favorite band live!

The show is tonight, and you're in for a real treat! Enjoy! smile.gif

And check back in to let us know what you thought..... yes.gif

Let's see, funny first time RUSH concert stories...hmmmm...oh, yes, I was tear-gassed when the security people at the gates wouldn't let anyone and a bunch of yay-hoos started climbing the fence. I screamed in agony for over an hour and threw up several times.

Ahhh, those were the days.

I think that was the moving pictures tour if I'm not mistaken...

Ray? You were there right?

QUOTE (briremo @ Aug 13 2010, 11:25 AM)
Let's see, funny first time RUSH concert stories...hmmmm...oh, yes, I was tear-gassed when the security people at the gates wouldn't let anyone and a bunch of yay-hoos started climbing the fence. I screamed in agony for over an hour and threw up several times.

Ahhh, those were the days.

I think that was the moving pictures tour if I'm not mistaken...

Ray? You were there right?

Holy crap!!

Wasn't my first, but at the T4E tour in DC, I grabbed a traffic cone and was drunkily screaming into it while my buddy drove home. Once we hit the freeway, I stuck the cone on the floor, between my legs. When we got home my legs were covered in tar and it took a whole lotta turpentine and scrubbing to get it out of the leg hair.

WOW...

Last night was the greatest concert I have ever been to...I've never heard a band sound THAT good live, and I've been to a good number of shows.

The opening video (which I had made sure I didn't watch on youtube) was hilarious. TSoR (which is my favorite song ever) was incredibly.

My favorite songs were Presto (not one of my favorites, but IMO the best song live last night), BU2B (which had a lot more energy than the studio version I thought), Marathon (idk why, just incredible haha), Witch Hunt (again, not a favorite of mine but Alex was awesome), 2112 (the song my dad and I were most looking forward to), and La Villa Strangiato (which is always insane). Every song though was perfect, there wasn't a second of the show I didn't absolutely love.

And as I'm sure is usual after a first show, I'm hooked, I can't wait for these guys to come around again!

Charlie

PS--The video of the magicians during Presto was really amazing, does anyone else love that?

Thanks!

QUOTE (The Spirit of Radio @ Aug 14 2010, 10:04 AM)
WOW...
Last night was the greatest concert I have ever been to...I've never heard a band sound THAT good live, and I've been to a good number of shows.
The opening video (which I had made sure I didn't watch on youtube) was hilarious. TSoR (which is my favorite song ever) was incredibly.
My favorite songs were Presto (not one of my favorites, but IMO the best song live last night), BU2B (which had a lot more energy than the studio version I thought), Marathon (idk why, just incredible haha), Witch Hunt (again, not a favorite of mine but Alex was awesome), 2112 (the song my dad and I were most looking forward to), and La Villa Strangiato (which is always insane). Every song though was perfect, there wasn't a second of the show I didn't absolutely love.
And as I'm sure is usual after a first show, I'm hooked, I can't wait for these guys to come around again!

Charlie

PS--The video of the magicians during Presto was really amazing, does anyone else love that?

Thanks!

Agreed - Great show last night!!!

Took my 11 year old to his first concert - he had a blast. Irvine was packed. Sat on the lawn for the first time ever. I should say stood on the lawn. I was amazed how the vast majority of the folks on the lawn stood for the whole show. Down in the seats, they could have removed the chairs altogether.

Sound was great where we were. I even heard Alex sing a couple of times...

Looking forward to the new album and tour in 2011. I'll be sure and bring my son again. This time, we'll be back in the Pit...

2.gif