Anybody buy the Platinum Clock tour shirt?

DaveC

Guys

Bought a whole bunch of shirts at the Seattle show last night, including the Platinum tour shirt.

When I got home, however, I noticed that the red and the orange in the shirt (on the logo, around the clock face, etc) weren't as virbrant and deep as it is on the official website - in fact, it looks quite faded.

I just wondered if this was typical of all the shirts, if the colours on the shirt on the website were enhanced, or if maybe I got the one at the end of the batch before they had to refill the ink cartridges!!!

Any help would be most appreciated!

trink39.gif

Edited by DaveC

would you say it is more comfortable than Rush shirts of the past? I think some of them were very comfortable to me but many old school fans found the older Hemispheres shirts to be more comfortable. I mean times change but I think people should be grateful to be wearing a new Rush tour shirt in 2010....but you know some people.

QUOTE (DaveC @ Aug 8 2010, 01:31 PM)
When I got home, however, I noticed that the red and the orange in the shirt (on the logo, around the clock face, etc) weren't as virbrant and deep as it is on the official website - in fact, it looks quite faded.

I just wondered if this was typical of all the shirts, if the colours on the shirt on the website were enhanced, or if maybe I got the one at the end of the batch before they had to refill the ink cartridges!!!

Any help would be most appreciated!

trink39.gif

I noticed the same thing, about halfway through the concert. I would've preferred a "sharper" look, but I'm still happy with the shirt and it's currently my favorite.

No, this isn't typical of ALL the shirts. This is kind of an exception.

Sorry GeddyRulz, what I meant was, was this typical of all of the Platinum Clock shirts. The other three I bought were all wonderful (Black Steam, Black Moving Pictures, and Charcoal Alchemy), I suppose I was just a little disappointed when I got the Platinum Clock home, and was curious if I'd bought a dud.

The one thing about the Platinum Clock one - and I agree with Weezy here - it's a beautifully soft cotton shirt. Still quite thick (not a flimsy vintage type), but softer than the others.

Edited by DaveC

QUOTE (DaveC @ Aug 10 2010, 01:21 AM)
Sorry GeddyRulz, what I meant was, was this typical of all of the Platinum Clock shirts. The other three I bought were all wonderful (Black Steam, Black Moving Pictures, and Charcoal Alchemy), I suppose I was just a little disappointed when I got the Platinum Clock home, and was curious if I'd bought a dud.

The one thing about the Platinum Clock one - and I agree with Weezy here - it's a beautifully soft cotton shirt. Still quite thick (not a flimsy vintage type), but softer than the others.

trink39.gif

It seems to be typical of THAT SHIRT to have 'faded' colors, as the two of us and others are all reporting.

I noticed the photo of the shirt at the Backstage Club has been changed, and the new photo looks closer to what you ACTUALLY GET when you buy this t-shirt. The lettering and colors not as sharp as the earlier picture, and the color of the shirt itself more "light gray" than metallic. Picture here.

Still not as dark as mine, Geddyrulz - my red is deeper and duller, likewise with the orange of the cog and the hands. The grey of the shirt seems to be deeper as well.

I did ring up Showtec, who are always helpful, and they agreed that it does differ, even from the current photo (if I can work out how to do it, I'll post a photo).

I bought the black Polo shirt because I like the over all style with the arm patches and all. But the center logo in red is composed of the short felt/plush type material. I was reluctant to purchase it due to that fact, because one washing could kill it. But I did anyway....Fast forward to Chicago show...This guy with the same shirt walks up and asks me "did you was your shirt yet?" lol. His felt/plush symbol was ruined with one washing. But, he was crafty with a red sharpie so It was 'All good' :-)

I bought the platinum shirt at the Irvine show and my red and orange colours look quite vibrant and almost the same as the look that Geddyrulz posted the link too. It is also a nice soft grey and my favourite this time around.

If anybody is able to post a picture of their Platinum Clock shirt, I'd really appreciate it. I just want to check before I send a (potentially) perfectly good shirt back to Showtec.

I'm (still) trying to work out how to post a picture of mine for your opinions.

Cheers guys!

QUOTE (DaveC @ Aug 17 2010, 01:27 AM)
If anybody is able to post a picture of their Platinum Clock shirt, I'd really appreciate it. I just want to check before I send a (potentially) perfectly good shirt back to Showtec.

I'm (still) trying to work out how to post a picture of mine for your opinions.

Cheers guys!

I'm sure someone will get a picture before Sept 29th, but if not I will. I plan to get this shirt at the Atlanta show.

I purchased the Reactive Burnout jersey.

It's not like the jerseys of yesteryear old.gif

It is the old vintagey thin sheer in places material being used these days. Sleeves are off white.

My husband took one look at it and said, "Its seethough fer god sakes, send it back!!!"

I'm keeping it anyway. smile.gif

and I'm working on my own shirt anyway with an old jersey I have and windows publisher 2003 old.gif