Rush on SNL

losingit2k

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 18 2010, 09:20 AM)
Neil Peart should host the show. It's the least he could do for being such a prick to us, his dedicated, deserving fans. doh.gif

laugh.gif

This is cracking me up, imagining Neil doing the typical monologue...

"So yeah...I'm in this band called Rush...most of you have probably not heard of us..."

*silence in audience, crickets chirping*

"Anybody see that movie 'I Love You, Man'?"

*cheers*

"Okay, see - THAT band, in the movie? THAT was Rush."

*murmurs in audience*

"Okay...well...we've got a GREAT show....RUSH is here!!!! So stick around, we'll be right back.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody watch the talk shows last night? ohmy.gif

If Kiss can do the Tonight Show, Rush can do SNL.

I say no because SNL has sucked the last couple years. Seriously, they need better writers. I'm sure they'll come out of it again, they've had dry slumps before. Andy Sandberg (sp?) and Seth Meyers are probably the funniest ones on there. So I wouldn't mind seeing Rush do a digital short or the Weekend Update. Something short & funny and not have to suffer through the whole show.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 20 2010, 09:12 AM)
Anybody watch the talk shows last night? ohmy.gif

KISS never says "no" to anything if it hints at putting money in the bank.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 20 2010, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 20 2010, 09:12 AM)
Anybody watch the talk shows last night?  ohmy.gif

KISS never says "no" to anything if it hints at putting money in the bank.

Last thing I want to see is Rush doing Dr. Pepper commercials on TV. Leave that to the money whores, KISS.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 19 2010, 10:11 PM)

Dude they would just be playing two songs. How difficult could that be?

sarcasm.gif

Dude, Rush is VERY selective on what they participate in these days. How difficult is that to understand?

sarcasm.gif

Besides......I personally don't want to see Rush debase themselves by participating in this dying show anyhow. The days when SNL used to be funny....

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 17 2010, 11:18 PM)
I was watching SNL tonight and it occurred to me that Rush has never been a guess band on SNL. Then I was thinking if they would it might be one of the biggest watch show in their history! They've had Aerosmith, U2 and I'm currently watching Dave Mathews Band. Come On Rush would blow all these guys away!

Any Thoughts?

confused13.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love most things Rush, but do you really think they could draw in the same way U2, Aerosmith, and Dave Matthews would? Anyway, it's on past my bedtime.

SNL is too corny for them. And besides, they usually showcase "current" bands. As much as we all like to think of Rush as modern and evolved, they're still viewed by the general public as a 70s-80s band.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 21 2010, 07:31 PM)
SNL is too corny for them. And besides, they usually showcase "current" bands. As much as we all like to think of Rush as modern and evolved, they're still viewed by the general public as a 70s-80s band.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 21 2010, 06:31 PM)

They occassionally go "Old School." Guests like Aerosmith, Springsteen, two appearances by the Grateful Dead, etc. (Although when they had the Dead on, it was still the 1970s and the band was current and relevant.)

They occassionally go "Old School." Guests like Aerosmith, Springsteen, two appearances by the Grateful Dead, etc. (Although when they had the Dead on, it was still the 1970s and the band was current and relevant.)

Are you saying Rush isn't relevant?

pokey.gif

Archived