Signed items

Janie

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to post earlier, but had to wait till after husband's birthday - found this thread about a week before the last show of the tour and decided to sent one of our pre-sale lenticular lanyards to the Gorge. I included a note that Karl (hubby) and I are huge fans, his birthday was coming up and getting the lanyard signed for him would be a huge surprise (and give me leverage in getting a new puppy! Hey, a girl's gotta do, what she's gotta do, right?) Honestly, when nothing returned in a week I thought no hope and on to b-day Plan B... but a few days later it was in the mailbox. Though I was really surprised to see that it was personalized to BOTH of us - between this and Neil's drumsticks, we're stuck with each other forever. Like some sort of marriage insurance! ( :

Got everything framed as a surprise - one set for S&A and the other set for TM. He was kinda sedate about the S&A set, because he knew all the items and we've wanted to properly display them for some time. But the look on his face when he opened the TM set and realized what was on the lanyard was priceless! I can't begin to describe how grateful I am that the band takes the time out of their already busy schedule - and even at the last show of a long tour - to do something so nice for the fans. The only downside now is I've set the bar too high - Christmas is gonna be a let down, unless I can get Geddy to give Karl bass lessons.

(and yes, I got my new puppy!)

( :

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g360/Puppyloo/IMG_2001.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g360/Puppyloo/IMG_1999.jpg

Hey does anyone know if they sign pick guards for guitars during the tour? i really want to get it signed so i could put it on my epiphone dot guitar. i was wondering if they dont sign it like they dont sign t-shirts. if anyone has ever tried or had experance please upload them or tell me the story. i just want to know so i dont waste the time, and potentully lose my pick guard.

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Aug 16 2011, 05:22 PM)
Hey does anyone know if they sign pick guards for guitars during the tour? i really want to get it signed so i could put it on my epiphone dot guitar. i was wondering if they dont sign it like they dont sign t-shirts. if anyone has ever tried or had experance please upload them or tell me the story. i just want to know so i dont waste the time, and potentully lose my pick guard.

Alex signed one for Kelly D when he surprised her on her birthday and took her to the side of the stage and took pics with her. There's a thread here somewhere with a pic I think.

That is a great dream, but honestly I don't see Alex doing that. I ment If I just send it to the venue do the normaly sign it?

QUOTE (Boogra @ Aug 19 2011, 01:54 AM)
Wait wait wait...I'm new here. Are you guys telling me that I can send in something to the guys and that they will not only sign it but mail it back to me?

And where do you send it exactly? Explain please?

Shhhhhhh it's a secret!

As far as I understand during the tour you send an item you want autographed to the venue with a pre-addressed package and payed for and they normaly sign it. Don't tell everyone because I'm sure this "well" is drying up

Can anyone give me a list of what venues do give our packages to the boys and send them back.

I really want to send them to..

The red rocks

the George

white river

and the sleep country ampitheater.

Yes I know it depends on if they go there but do you guys know If they give them the packages at those places.

Best bet is to just take a chance. And please don't go to the well over and over again -- that would ensure that others will be unable to get their stuff signed!

FWIW, I sent mine to the Baltimore venue and it came back signed from New Orleans ...