HBO's The Wire

Joshua

Any other fans out there?

Haven't seen Season Five (Final Season) yet but I read up on the plot conclusions and saw a bunch of YouTube clips. Watching through the series again and am midway through Season Two (my fav next to Four). Ziggy & Nick were such great characters and I missed not seeing more of them in later seasons.

If you haven't gotten into this show and you'd like a real gritty crime drama with excellent writing and good character development, you've got to check it out.

I have watched seasons 1 - 3 and they were all excellent. I just got season 4 for Christmas and I am about to watch it.

I was shocked to see that there was only 2 posts to this thread. Are there any other "The Wire" fans out there?

I remember having seen the previews along time ago when it came out on HBO and having absolutely no interest in it. Last year I was looking for a good series to get on DVD and everything I read about "The Wire" was that it was so good. I said what the heck and got season 1. I am so glad I did.

If you like good gritty police/crime shows and you haven't seen "The Wire", get it and you won't be disappointed.

So all that being said. Any other fans of this amazing show out there?

My two brothers both swear by it, one of them calling it the greatest television show EVER.

I'd be curious in checking out a couple episodes and seeing what I thought. I would've done so by now, but I don't have HBO. I'll need to borrow my brother's "complete season" DVD's.

One of my favorite contemporary novelists, Dennis Lehane, has written a few episodes.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 27 2010, 12:42 PM)
My two brothers both swear by it, one of them calling it the greatest television show EVER.

I'd be curious in checking out a couple episodes and seeing what I thought. I would've done so by now, but I don't have HBO. I'll need to borrow my brother's "complete season" DVD's.

One of my favorite contemporary novelists, Dennis Lehane, has written a few episodes.

Definitely worth the time to borrow it and check it out. Just give it time if the first episode or 2 doesn't grab you right away.

On Dennis Lehane, I read 'Shutter Island' way before the movie came out. What a great book. The movie was ok but the book was amazing.

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Dec 28 2010, 02:05 AM)
On Dennis Lehane, I read 'Shutter Island' way before the movie came out. What a great book. The movie was ok but the book was amazing.

Glad you liked it, but among Lehane's entire body of work, it's one of my least favorite. I'm not normally too sharp about this stuff, yet I saw that potential "surprise" ending from the very beginning of the book.

Of his "stand alone" novels, I loved "Mystic River" and "The Given Day." Of his "Kenzie-Gennaro" series, I loved "Darkness Take My Hand" and "Gone Baby Gone."

Sorry... back to "The Wire"....

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 28 2010, 02:49 PM)
QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Dec 28 2010, 02:05 AM)
On Dennis Lehane, I read 'Shutter Island' way before the movie came out.  What a great book.  The movie was ok but the book was amazing.

Glad you liked it, but among Lehane's entire body of work, it's one of my least favorite. I'm not normally too sharp about this stuff, yet I saw that potential "surprise" ending from the very beginning of the book.

Of his "stand alone" novels, I loved "Mystic River" and "The Given Day." Of his "Kenzie-Gennaro" series, I loved "Darkness Take My Hand" and "Gone Baby Gone."

Sorry... back to "The Wire"....

I am usually keen on figuring that kind of stuff out, (Shutter Island-The Book) but for whatever reason, I had no clue. I read the first of the Kenzie and Gennaro books called "A Drink Before The War" and it was pretty good.

Back to "The Wire", I just finished watching season 4 and I enjoyed it like the first 3. I am so excited for season 5 but sad because it is the end. I hope they knew season 5 was the end when they wrote it so it resolves some of the story lines better than they would if they thought they may come back for a 6th season. I also hope they freaking lower the price of season 5 also as its $43.49 on Amazon.com as of today!