The Law of Attraction

Gompers

A few weeks ago I was recommended by a friend to get a copy of You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay. It's all about this kinda thing and also talks about letting go of the past and learning to love yourself and forgive yourself. I'm still working through it and it's been a real help.

I understand if other people don't believe in it. That's fine. But it's working for me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 17 2012, 01:24 PM)
GREAT post The masked drummer!!! heart.gif it!!!

I am a firm believer of the law of attraction.

Focus your attention on that which you want, and the universe answers....

it's energy.
That which you focus your attention on the universe brings to you.
BUT...
you have to be an energetic vibrational match to it.

attitude is everything.

when you know what you don't want, you then know what you Do want. Focus on that which you DO want in your life.
Appreciate that which is given. REGARDLESS of what it is (positive or negative)
For the positive or negative is really all a matter of your own perception is it not?

Yes! and thank you so much!!! The law works all the time no matter whether one is aware of it or not. Negativity attracts negative energy and "positivity" (new word. lol) opens up positive possibilities. What I hope to accomplish is to teach the world that the uneven distribution of wealth is nothing more than a result of most people not believing in themselves on some level, whether it be unconscious or conscious. There are no superior beings who deserve all the wealth. This stuff can really change the world. I really believe that...

And I understand completely that people would be skeptical about it, because even though I'm a positive person if you told me about this stuff a couple weeks ago I would be to some extent skeptical even if I tried to be positive at the subconscious level. And if people read about all the trials and tribulations of what I went thru and I stumbled upon these great possibilities then there must be many many people could benefit rapidly by just reading the book and knowing the money tree (or whatever tree you want) may be sitting right in your back yard but you can't see it.

It's really powerful stuff and I've been wanting to write a book so bad but never knew how to approach it or how to sell it. I believe firmly that with a little editing I can get this book out to the public and get word of mouth selling it and in turn make the world a better place and make a lot of people happy. wink.gif

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jul 14 2010, 09:04 AM)
How would this work for non-wealthy westerners? Say, for instance, a woman living in a strict Muslim society in the Middle East ph34r.gif , a family living under a North Korean dictatorship, or a child living on the edge of a garbage dump in Guatemala?

This is an example of how negative energy brings negativity and that's why you can't see the answer to your question. IT's very simple. The law states that there are a lot of resources in the WORLD, not in one specific place. The money doesn't just drop out of the sky. However, if you have:

The will and determination to do something, and firmly believe you can do whatever it is you want to do, you have to align yourself with the universe. What you're suggesting is that the world doesn't align to you. You're correct! The lady in the poor country can only get as wealthy as the resources she aligns herself with. If she wants millions of dollars she probably needs to move to a different part of the planet. Mobility is entirely possible. May be harder for her than most people but it can be done if she has the will to do it.

I'm seeing this stuff so clearly I just must tell my story. I think it will make for a very uplifting book and answered so many mysteries I had about life that I think just about anyone could be stimulated by it...

What are the 'energies'? What are these 'vibes'??

There's no field of energy, there's no mysticism, there's no negative and positive forces. The universe is a massive ball of matter, energy and vacuum, with no particular alignment with which to match yourself to. Stuff bounces into other stuff, heats up, melts, breaks down, and reorders itself- it's all pretty random, but it all makes sense.

Does a positive outlook and focus help you to attain your goals? Of course. This is no mysterious force. When you're positive, you keep going. When you feel the goal is in reach, you give a stronger effort. When you really believe in what you are doing, it increases the quality of your work. This is all the fruit of the individual's choice- nothing supernatural. You can do it yourself, without tapping into some midichloreon Q-powers... and THAT is something worth believing in.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Sep 17 2012, 04:42 PM)
What are the 'energies'? What are these 'vibes'??

There's no field of energy, there's no mysticism, there's no negative and positive forces. The universe is a massive ball of matter, energy and vacuum, with no particular alignment with which to match yourself to. Stuff bounces into other stuff, heats up, melts, breaks down, and reorders itself- it's all pretty random, but it all makes sense.

Does a positive outlook and focus help you to attain your goals? Of course. This is no mysterious force. When you're positive, you keep going. When you feel the goal is in reach, you give a stronger effort. When you really believe in what you are doing, it increases the quality of your work. This is all the fruit of the individual's choice- nothing supernatural. You can do it yourself, without tapping into some midichloreon Q-powers... and THAT is something worth believing in.

How do you know there are no other energies out there? Just because you can't see something it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. People have had truly profound experiences because they are open to them. If you haven't had such an experience it doesn't mean that nobody else does either.

Scientifically speaking it makes sense that there is something more out there if you want to really get down to atoms. Energy is constant. Can't be created or destroyed. It exists and we have learned to harness it. We ourselves have energy in our bodies. When we touch something or someone else there is a transference of it.

I feel the Law of Attraction is working. I didn't expect immediate results and that is a good thing. Two things work very well for me, focus (desire) on what I want, and thanking the stars for everything good that happens.

I am happy to see this thread revived.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 17 2012, 02:24 PM)
GREAT post The masked drummer!!! heart.gif it!!!

I am a firm believer of the law of attraction. 

Focus your attention on that which you want, and the universe answers....

it's energy. 
That which you focus your attention on the universe brings to you.
BUT...
you have to be an energetic vibrational match to it. 

attitude is everything.

when you know what you don't want, you then know what you Do want.  Focus on that which you DO want in your life.
Appreciate that which is given.  REGARDLESS of what it is (positive or negative)
For the positive or negative is really all a matter of your own perception is it not?

This is most important. Negative energy, such as unbelieving, can cancel any good that happens.

The book that pulled me out of the "darkness" was "The Game of Life & How to Play It" [Florence Scovel Shinn].

BTW, ladirushfan80, I love your Facebook posts. I find myself always agreeing and smiling. Thank you for posting them. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 2 2010, 07:39 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 13 2010, 02:48 PM)
Maybe some of you have heard about this. I have been reading up on it and tend to be on the side that it actually works. And the reality here is if it doesn't, it creates a more positive person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Attraction

The Law of Attraction says that which is like unto itself is drawn.

Sorry, buddy, but I have to call BS. This "law" of attraction runs directly counter to the already proven and much older law which states that opposites attract. You should avoid this muddy-headed new age pseudo science.

Not so much.

When Opposites Attract

When working with magnets you will quickly learn that polar opposites attract. This means that the negatively charged pole will be attracted to the positively charged pole and the two will connect together with very little user effort. The same rule applies in chemistry. Negatively charged particles will be attracted to positively charged particles. Why? Because the negatively charged particles have something that the positively charged particles want.

The same is true of people. Sometimes people who are very similar join together and live a happy existence; they enjoy the same music, have the same values and do the same activities on Friday nights. They have the same group of friends and attend the same church every Sunday morning.

Sometimes this is not the case and two people who are polar opposites are drawn together. Usually this is because one or the other of them has something that the other wants. A person who is generally very cynical and pessimistic may be drawn to someone with a sense of eternal optimism. An individual who has spent their whole life following the rules dictated by society for proper behavior may be drawn to a free spirit who is content to live their life the way that they see fit, regardless of the opinions of others.

Such matches at times may prove to be volatile, resulting in an explosion and the secondary damages that go along with it. Other times they may balance each other, as in the case of the positively and negatively charged electrons; the particles are neutralized when they are mixed together. These matches have long since stumped psychologists and others looking at these relationships from a purely subjective viewpoint. How can two people who have nothing in common form a strong, successful relationship? What they do not realize is that it is simply yet another example of nature's own selection principles at work.

Forming a relationship with someone who is your polar opposite is not always going to be easy, regardless of how well you complement each other. You are going to have different viewpoints on different issues and different lifestyles to boot. The most important factors in these types of relationships are patience and understanding. Remember that you knew they were very different from you when you chose to embark on this relationship; you cannot expect them to change now.

Before you choose to permanently commit to someone who is your opposite there are a few questions you are going to need to answer. What are their differences in the things that matter? (home, children, etc.) Can you be happy with these differences? If the answer to the second question is no it would be wise to take a step back from the relationship before committing to something that you cannot step back from. If, on the other hand, the answer is yes prepare to enjoy a lifetime that, while it will never be smooth, will certainly never be boring.

In relationships, it is about filling voids. There is a desire to fill a void therefore the signal of desire becomes the subject to be attracted. Like someone who wants more money, if they think about being poor they attract the lack of wealth because it is their focus and inadvertent desire. However this void needs to be thought of differently. This person needs to feel the wealth and think about becoming more wealthy, acting more wealthy, and thus will attract those things which wealth brings.

If one chooses to see this as hocus-pocus, it will be hocus-pocus. That is in fact the Law of Attraction in action. You want hocus-pocus, you got it.

I listened to the audiobook "A Course in Miracles". That was far out stuff. Of all materials I've read or listened too, I haven't yet grasped it. I am a big fan of Wayne Dyer. His talks helped me get through some tough shit 2 years back. I feel mentally better than I ever have. His talks tangent the Law of Attraction, but also incorporate The Tao Te Ching and Buddhists ideas. The biggest idea I was introduced to is that a person can control his understanding through perspective. We choose how we want to see the world. And with this, we can make our realities.

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Sep 17 2012, 03:20 PM)
A few weeks ago I was recommended by a friend to get a copy of You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay. It's all about this kinda thing and also talks about letting go of the past and learning to love yourself and forgive yourself. I'm still working through it and it's been a real help.

I understand if other people don't believe in it. That's fine. But it's working for me.

LindseyG makes good point. You would not believe what this simple process of letting go and forgiving yourself for all your mistakes does to you. My life lit up like a xmas tree and it's getting so bright ideas are coming to me left and right about the book i'm writing and songs i'm writing, I ran into some unexpected money that just happens to be the exact amount I needed to finish work on my house so i could sell it. Whether these things happened because of the positive energy or not my life is exciting again and that momentum along with turning off the brakes to my vehicle of life was exactly what I needed. It doesn't matter how you get there, but getting there and feeling that electrifying "AHA!" feeling is priceless!!! Believe me!!

In order to assert a claim, you need to be able to SHOW your evidence.

Scientists can show me the calculations that prove the additional mass of the universe. Scientists can demonstrate the gravitational force of dark matter. Scientists can show the genetic evidence for evolution. Hell, even bigfoot researchers, for what it's worth, can show you the Patterson-Gimlin footage, and you can at least argue over the credibility of the film.

What can anyone here SHOW ME?

QUOTE (Rushgrrrl @ Sep 18 2012, 12:34 PM)
I wouldn't call it supernatural, but thinking positive and telling the universe what you want can actually work. Plus it keeps you in the mindset that it WILL happen instead of just hoping it will. Yeah. smile.gif

Hi Mary! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Sep 18 2012, 01:18 PM)

Scientists can show me the calculations that prove the additional mass of the universe. Scientists can demonstrate the gravitational force of dark matter. Scientists can show the genetic evidence for evolution. Hell, even bigfoot researchers, for what it's worth, can show you the Patterson-Gimlin footage, and you can at least argue over the credibility of the film.

Sounds similar to the atheist threads here. Responses to this would be similar to the faith arguments.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 18 2012, 11:35 AM)

Sounds similar to the atheist threads here. Responses to this would be similar to the faith arguments.

It is the same argument, and it is the same breaking point. Without something to show, there is no assertion that can be made.

well, if you have 3 + hours, you can watch THIS and see if any of it makes sense.

Has to do with the Divine Matrix

Gregg Braden IS a scientist...

another good movie to watch is called "What the Bleep do we Know".