Mohegan Sun

hi I'm new here. so I wanna ask a simple question. How is the Mohegan Sun Arena for Rush concerts? I've been there for Stone Temple Pilots and Smashing Pumpkins, but when I saw Rush before it was in an outside venue (this will only be my second Rush concert) and it looked like their show was a bit bigger than Pumpkins and STP. Is the Mohegan Sun good for Rush? thank you

only a bit bigger? laugh.gif Rush shows are phenomenal! And yes, the Mohegan Sun is an excellent place to see Rush. I've seen them there twice on the Snakes tour and they were both amazing shows. The arena isn't huge (only about 10000 seats) and you can see them very well from any seat. Sound is good too!

Welcome to TRF and enjoy the show, dude! trink39.gif

I'm very sorry, you must have at least 10 forum posts before you may ask a question. sarcasm.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Jul 9 2010, 06:36 PM)
You'll come for the concert, but you'll stay for the doughnuts. comp26.gif

Indeed!!!

BEWARE THE KRISPY KREMES!

They are set-up as a trap to create zombies out of the average Working Man!!!

Men from VERMONT, especially, need to avoid KK's at all cost!!!!

tongue.gif

Mohegan sound quality is the best!!! Crowd is good - - except for the non-RUSH-fan gamblers and datechicks who get in for free cause they dropped money on the slots!!!???!!! laugh.gif

This will be our third trip to the Sun!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

awesome! and yeah I'm sure they're A LOT bigger but I saw them on the first leg of the S&A tour and I really didn't know Rush very well back then b_sigh.gif which meant I didn't get to enjoy Bangkok as much as I should (along with every other song). but thanks for the info, I'm PSYCHED for this concert...and the krispy kremes of course!

This will be my 2nd show at Mohegan and it's nice to go there and not having to worry about wanting to gamble but I will have to fight my urge for those damn Krispy Kremes!!!!!!

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 9 2010, 08:08 PM)
somebody told me very recently that Mohegan Sun was his favorite venue EVER!
...can't remember who it was tho unsure.gif
so now i kinda wanna go there, but its a lil far for me sad.gif
how about you go and tell us all about it smile.gif

We shall! Maybe we will send you some Krispy Kremes too lol.

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jul 9 2010, 07:24 PM)

And women from VT. My GF has her own KK story, completely independent of mine, and they both happened before we met. She was thinking of printing out a pic and bringing it; I told her there's going to be enough KK BS without her encouraging it. angry.gif

But seriously...I know it's funny to taunt me with KKs, but she seriously has an adverse physical reaction to them, so if it wouldn't be too much trouble to save that until after the show......unless you like vomit, that is. smile.gif

I'll be there with my army of lunaTICs! 1022.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 9 2010, 10:11 PM)
I'll be there with my army of lunaTICs! 1022.gif

LOL.gif LOL.gif LOL.gif laugh.gif

Saw them there on the S&A tour as well as seeing a few other concerts there, it has quickly become one of my favorite venue to see live arena sized bands in. As noted, because of the size, there are just no bad seats and the sound is very very good. I'll be there on Monday night with my wife, both sure we will see an amazing show.

As for the KK issue - I'm probably one of the few, but I just don't like KK donuts, they seem like little hoops of grease and sugar, and not the good kind of grease and sugar. I like my pastries just like the next red blooded American, but KK just does not do it for me. I'll head over to the food court bakery for a sweet treat if anything.

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 9 2010, 09:08 PM)
somebody told me very recently that Mohegan Sun was his favorite venue EVER!
...can't remember who it was tho unsure.gif
so now i kinda wanna go there, but its a lil far for me sad.gif
how about you go and tell us all about it smile.gif

only about 2 hours further than MSG, Roli wink.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Jul 9 2010, 06:36 PM)
You'll come for the concert, but you'll stay for the doughnuts.  comp26.gif

Indeed!!!

BEWARE THE KRISPY KREMES!

They are set-up as a trap to create zombies out of the average Working Man!!!

tongue.gif

Mohegan sound quality is the best!!! Crowd is good - - except for the non-RUSH-fan gamblers and datechicks who get in for free cause they dropped money on the slots!!!???!!! laugh.gif

This will be our third trip to the Sun!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

I find it amazing that every thread involving the Mohegan Sun turns to KRISPY KREME DOUGNUTS laugh.gif

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Jul 9 2010, 11:08 PM)

And women from VT. My GF has her own KK story, completely independent of mine, and they both happened before we met. She was thinking of printing out a pic and bringing it; I told her there's going to be enough KK BS without her encouraging it. angry.gif

But seriously...I know it's funny to taunt me with KKs, but she seriously has an adverse physical reaction to them, so if it wouldn't be too much trouble to save that until after the show......unless you like vomit, that is. smile.gif

We usually wait until just before we leave for home to get donuts for the ride and the next day wink.gif tell Kate not to worry smile.gif

Yeah I'm not eating or drinking before the show or during the show in fear of having to go to the bathroom during The Camera Eye!!!!!!

QUOTE (mong82191 @ Jul 10 2010, 03:49 PM)
I'm not drinking before the show or during the show

Well then i am sorry, you Can't hang out with us ...........................