Waxing...

Ya_Big_Tree

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheBlonde @ Jul 12 2010, 10:17 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 23 2010, 06:13 PM)
Cushion for the pushin' is porkin' a fatty. This is like, furry for the fury.

rofl3.gif

I tried leg waxing once, didn't find it all that painful but couldn't last for the grow out time for a second treatment. There's no moss on my terrace at all, just a smooth patio. I've been shaving that for many years now and don't think I could last as long as it would take to grow something long enough to wax off. Or rather, my hubby couldn't last that long and since he likes to spend a lot of face time at the patio (sorry if it's TMI), I'm more than willing to keep up with the manual labor.

z7shysterical.gif at "face time on the patio"

Isn't it funny that we wax to get rid of the hair because it's nice to be hair-free that much longer over shaving but then we have to sit and wait and let the hair grow back to a certain length before getting waxed again?

Edited by Janie

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 12 2010, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 12 2010, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 12 2010, 11:54 AM)
I use the razor, because I once did a DIY bikini wax. It resulted in blood loss, pain-induced semi-consciousness, and having to ice down areas you should never have to ice down.

I would love to go have a pro wax done, though. No time or money right now. It's on my wish list.

Ya Im hoping when I start working at a spa that they give employee discounts for that.

I keep it tamed on my own and am more than a little shy to have someone else defur my goily parts. It's weird. Just sayin'. confused13.gif

It takes a special kinda someone to do that for a living. My hat's off to them. Seriously.

Here's how I see it. They do this for a living and the particular spa I go to pays their workers quite well so I think since the money is good, they'll gladly get on in there and de-fur your body parts. They see so much, I'm sure they just become indifferent to it after a while.

I think it's funny though when we start talking about everyday things when she's got me in a completely vulnerable position.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 12 2010, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 12 2010, 09:58 PM)
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
sullysue, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Uh... hey, there, Jim. How's it goin'?  unsure.gif

laugh.gif

Guys are interested in all these things you ladies do to keep yourselves looking good. yes.gif

Something I haven't seen mentioned in here yet is laser hair removal. I know almost nothing about it, or its effectiveness. Is that even an option, or is it too much money to plunk down in one shot?

yes.gif Thank you!

I've thought about laser hair removal but, as others have said, it is very expensive and it doesn't actually make you hair-free as Queen of Megadon said.

Out of curiosity, I took a peek-see at what the cost might be. I found this interesting PRICING CHART.

I would do: underarms, Brazilian bikini, half legs (both) and half arms (both). Here's what I would be looking at:

Minimum: $900

Maximum: $2,050

Wow!

Don't want to break up the conversation - so please keep it going. Just want to join in the sentiment already expressed in this thread from some of the other males. All this...AND visits from Aunt Flo...

sad.gif notworthy.gif rose.gif

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jul 13 2010, 08:26 AM)
Don't want to break up the conversation - so please keep it going. Just want to join in the sentiment already expressed in this thread from some of the other males. All this...AND visits from Aunt Flo...
sad.gif notworthy.gif rose.gif

AND we wear heels AND thongs AND do our hair AND put on makeup... It is really nice to hear some appreciation for all we do to make ourselves pretty for you dudes. And for other women. Let's be honest here, women love to look good for other women. Otherwise you face certain scrutiny.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 13 2010, 03:59 PM)
Does anybody wax their head??

unsure.gif

In the WOMEN'S forum, you're asking this?

Right then.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 13 2010, 04:59 PM)

unsure.gif

Why do you ask? Thinking of making a drastic change? laugh.gif

my my! such discussion...

ok, the laser thing...yes, you need at least 4-6 visits on said area for it to be "permanent" maybe more...hair grows at different intervals. It's hot, but not painful...so there's that over waxing.

razors...was just having this dilemma. I bought single blade by mistake...freakin useless. Any triple blade will do.

and thanks you guys, for giving us props for all our "behind the scenes" work...for you, and for ourselves.

smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 13 2010, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 13 2010, 03:59 PM)

unsure.gif

In the WOMEN'S forum, you're asking this?

Right then.

Hey women can look great with a bald head!

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/508/baldypersis.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8030/baldydemi.jpg

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6872/baldywoman.jpg

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4886/baldysineadoconnor.jpg

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2294/baldyamberrose.jpg

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 13 2010, 04:33 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 13 2010, 04:59 PM)

unsure.gif

Why do you ask? Thinking of making a drastic change? laugh.gif

Naaa I'd look like a pure fool with a bald head!

laugh.gif

unsure.gif <<<<<<<<<<<< the bald version of me

I didn't have the best luck with my genetics as far as hair goes. I have to deal with a lot of it (and very sensitive skin to go with it). It grows back fast, thick and dark- I hate it. I can't stand body hair, the only place I want body hair is my head and eyebrows, but it takes a lot of time and work to keep it that way.

I used to get brazilian waxes regularly but it is very painful and gets expensive after a while. Now I do everything on my own, with a combination of shaving, waxing and plucking to get rid of my unwanted body hair. (Certain techniques work better on certain places) It's a daily process, and I want to get laser hair removal done on my face and underarms soon. I have a place picked out already, it's just hard for me to stop plucking and waxing long enough to let the hair grow out to the point where laser would be effective.

Why did I kill a morning reading every response to this thread?

Huh. Why not just remove the genes responsible for bodily hair growth, or fill your pores with hyper-fine resin to prevent the need to rip hot wax off of your skin?

QUOTE (Astromancer @ Jul 15 2010, 10:16 PM)
Why did I kill a morning reading every response to this thread?

Huh. Why not just remove the genes responsible for bodily hair growth, or fill your pores with hyper-fine resin to prevent the need to rip hot wax off of your skin?

Astro - I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're a guy? (Apologies if I am wrong - I didn't check the profile).

Most guys I know prefer women who remove at least the leg and armpit hair, sometimes more. Are you one of those who doesn't give a toss if your GF or wife doesn't bother? If so, you are indeed a rare species.