Netflix Is Becoming Pathetic

Tick

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jun 11 2010, 11:10 AM)

Just wanted to pop in and say that when we saw this
thread a few days ago we added Whip It to our list.
It just arrived.

pokey.gif pokey.gif pokey.gif bd.gif banghead.gif atickhum.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 11 2010, 10:24 AM)

It just arrived.

I knew you'd wanna hear that.

Wanna borrow it?

Ohhh... N/M you had to go to the library to get it. Sorry.

I really don't know why you are having such issues.

What did you do to piss Netflix off?

wink.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jun 11 2010, 11:26 AM)

It just arrived.

Wanna borrow it?

wink.gif

I don't know?

Who knows what the differences are from region to region?

I never have a problem with them getting my returned movies the next day, nor do I have a problem getting the next one immediately. Its the wait for some movies that kills me.

Maybe your just in the honeymoon stage with Netflix? I'm sure they will withhold sex from you at some point. doh.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 11 2010, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jun 11 2010, 11:26 AM)

It just arrived.

Wanna borrow it?

wink.gif

I don't know?

Who knows what the differences are from region to region?

I never have a problem with them getting my returned movies the next day, nor do I have a problem getting the next one immediately. Its the wait for some movies that kills me.

Maybe your just in the honeymoon stage with Netflix? I'm sure they will withhold sex from you at some point. doh.gif

ohmy.gif

If ANYONE does that I divorce them.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jun 11 2010, 10:26 AM)

He officially became to them a recognized "frequent renter of New Releases." They hate that; he's getting the better end of the NetFlix agreement and they're losing money on this customer. They prefer the customers who rent more infrequently and/or don't rent New Releases; those people are getting the worse end of the agreement between NetFlix and customer, and they make money on those shmucks. (Like me.)

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 11 2010, 03:41 PM)

He officially became to them a recognized "frequent renter of New Releases." They hate that; he's getting the better end of the NetFlix agreement and they're losing money on this customer. They prefer the customers who rent more infrequently and/or don't rent New Releases; those people are getting the worse end of the agreement between NetFlix and customer, and they make money on those shmucks. (Like me.)

Again, then how does that explain CeeJ's cousin, Marc, who gets THREE vids per day? Mostly all new releases. Never a problem.

And he's not the only one I know. The reason I wanted netflix is because it was so recommended by some pirate buddies of mine. 1287.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 11 2010, 08:20 PM)

Again, then how does that explain CeeJ's cousin, Marc, who gets THREE vids per day? Mostly all new releases. Never a problem.

And he's not the only one I know. The reason I wanted netflix is because it was so recommended by some pirate buddies of mine. 1287.gif

wink.gif

how does that work? I was under the impression that the max you could get was three at a time and the next batch is sent out only after the other ones are returned. Three every 2-3 days seems more likely.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 11 2010, 02:41 PM)

I think this is a conspiracy theory. Do you really think that Netflix has the time to go brand certain people and purposefully hold their rentals for a few extra days? I seriously doubt they go through all that trouble. I think it is just the luck of the draw. Some movies may be more accessible than others. Simple as that. Also, when you are getting multiple movies every single day, the odds of having a rare bad experience go up.

I'm no Netflix fan myself. I support local businesses and enjoy going into a store to pick out my movies.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jun 12 2010, 05:59 PM)
Ok laugh.gif

Obviously, you have done your research on this.

I'm glad I still use Blockbuster. I know all the employees and can ask them if a movie is good or not. I can pick up the box and read all the info about it. I can walk down the isles and see a movie I wouldn't have thought of if I did a Netflix search. I don't have late fees. I can keep a movie a whole year if I want. I can request movies if they don't have it in stock. There is a good looking lady that works at my Blockbuster. I support a local business in my area.

These are all the reasons I don't use Netflix.

Like I said, if Netflix put every movie they have online and I could just log in and watch any movie instantly, I would probably subscribe. But, I would still keep my Blockbuster membership.

laugh.gif Sorry, but I have a major issue with Netflix. The way the people in these articles were treated was exactly how my friends and I were treated.

Hey, its their business, and their business model. They have the right to do this if they want, and I have the right to truthfully tell everyone how $hitty they treated me and my friends.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 12 2010, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jun 12 2010, 05:59 PM)
Ok  laugh.gif

Obviously, you have done your research on this.

I'm glad I still use Blockbuster. I know all the employees and can ask them if a movie is good or not. I can pick up the box and read all the info about it. I can walk down the isles and see a movie I wouldn't have thought of if I did a Netflix search. I don't have late fees. I can keep a movie a whole year if I want. I can request movies if they don't have it in stock. There is a good looking lady that works at my Blockbuster. I support a local business in my area.

These are all the reasons I don't use Netflix.

Like I said, if Netflix put every movie they have online and I could just log in and watch any movie instantly, I would probably subscribe. But, I would still keep my Blockbuster membership.

laugh.gif Sorry, but I have a major issue with Netflix. The way the people in these articles were treated was exactly how my friends and I were treated.

Hey, its their business, and their business model. They have the right to do this if they want, and I have the right to truthfully tell everyone how $hitty they treated me and my friends.

trink39.gif

I like all the stuff on "throttling" you've quoted above, Snowie.

For anybody who doubts that this is happening or thinks it's a "conspiracy theory," be assured it's real. I'd never read about throttling or seen all that stuff on the Net which Snowdog quoted, but I've seen this practice being run on my older brother, a frequent renter who found his movies were taking longer and longer to arrive. This is a guy who used to watch EVERY new release at the video store on the Tuesday they were released. He joined NetFlix and essentially tried to continue this same renting/viewing habit. It worked for awhile, when he was a new customer they wanted to impress, but then... well, you know the rest: longer and longer delays in getting the new releases to him. The simple reason: NetFlix was getting the worse end of the agreement and losing money on this customer.

They must love my house. We're pathetic. We rent one movie every one or two months and it's never very "new." It arrives two days after we sent the prior one back. They're getting the better end of the deal with us and making a profit off us, so they still give us fast service.

I think a Mike Wallace or Chris Hansen should do some investigative reporting on these pricks.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 12 2010, 08:38 AM)

wink.gif

how does that work? I was under the impression that the max you could get was three at a time and the next batch is sent out only after the other ones are returned. Three every 2-3 days seems more likely.

Nope, because he gets them so often, and returning them the same day, they've begun arriving daily. I'm sure the ones he gets today aren't because of yesterday's returns, but he gets new dvd's every day.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 13 2010, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 12 2010, 08:38 AM)

wink.gif

Nope, because he gets them so often, and returning them the same day, they've begun arriving daily. I'm sure the ones he gets today aren't because of yesterday's returns, but he gets new dvd's every day.

you can be on a 9 at a time plan if you want to pay for it. The way it works is you watch a movie and send it back. then they send you another or 5 more depending on how many send back. If you want to keep one that you want to watch over and over, you can hold on to it as long as you wish and just sending the ones you want to send back. bottom line is, when they receive one, they send another. if they receive 3, they will send out 3 more.

Who are the authors of this netflix "throttling" article? Are they pro-blockbuster maybe? Or in blockbuster's pocket?

I would have to know that before I was to fully believe that this is a standard practice for a company like NetFlix. I gotta think it's more about Tick's area than anything.

Marc's been a customer of Netflix for quite awhile now, and has never experienced this so-called throttling. If any of their customers was a loss of income to them, it would be Marc.

Also, Carol wasn't kidding about that roller derby movie. We requested it, moved it to first on our queue and got it the next day. Again... we haven't been customers long, so we haven't been "throttled" yet. I will keep you posted if that ever happens to us though. The way I'm getting dvds, i'm sure i'll fall into that supposed throttled category soon. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 13 2010, 05:40 PM)
Who are the authors of this netflix "throttling" article?  Are they pro-blockbuster maybe?  Or in blockbuster's pocket? 

I would have to know that before I was to fully believe that this is a standard practice for a company like NetFlix.  I gotta think it's more about Tick's area than anything. 

Marc's been a customer of Netflix for quite awhile now, and has never experienced this so-called throttling.  If any of their customers was a loss of income to them, it would be Marc. 

Also, Carol wasn't kidding about that roller derby movie.  We requested it, moved it to first on our queue and got it the next day.  Again... we haven't been customers long, so we haven't been "throttled" yet.  I will keep you posted if that ever happens to us though.  The way I'm getting dvds, i'm sure i'll fall into that supposed throttled category soon.  biggrin.gif

I hope you keep getting all the movies you can Necro! trink39.gif

Its good to know someone is receiving good service.

As far as the authorship of the articles I posted, just a little bit of research yields voluminous results and they all can't be on Blockbuster's payroll. If they are, maybe thats why BB is going bust laugh.gif

edit: cause I can't spell

Edited by Snowdog

"Whip It" status as of June 17th - Very long wait.

I think they only bought like 3 copies in my immediate area. Very silly indeed. atickhum.gif

Edited by tick

I once had a Netflix movie for about a year laugh.gif When we found it we realized we don't watch movies very often . Subscription cancelled

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 17 2010, 02:54 PM)

I think they only bought like 3 copies in my immediate area. Very silly indeed. atickhum.gif

I liked it. Good movie. I always loved roller derby when I was a kid.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 17 2010, 06:27 PM)

OMG rofl3.gif

That's the movie he's waiting for???!!! z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 17 2010, 07:27 PM)

I saw it. I also liked it. Thank goodness I have a library card. I'm just keeping on my list to see how long it will be on a wait list. I have waited along time for some movies, but this one takes the cake. How the hell can I not get a movie in June that was released in January. wacko.gif

Edited by tick