ARE YOU A FRAUD?

g under p

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jun 16 2010, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 16 2010, 03:42 AM)
Does anybody else see college football a little bit differently than other sports because of the BCS system? Like, during bowl season it's more of a regional loyalty? I'm a Duck for life, but I always root for all Pac-10 teams in bowl games, even teams like Washington and Oregon State that would be hated rivals during the regular season.

Somehow I think it's completely okay when everybody gets to their own bowl game and nothing they do from there on out can affect what your team does, and you just want to see teams from your conference do well.

Anybody with me?

Sooner fan here. Yup, I feel the same way. I even route for Texas and OSU during bowl season...to the chagrin of many of my Sooner friends.

Texas fan here. I'm even wearing a Longhorn shirt today. tongue.gif I'm the same as you in regards to conference loyalty. Like it or not, it's better for the conference as a whole when our rivals win bowl games or out of conference games.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jun 17 2010, 10:45 AM)
Does anybody else see college football a little bit differently than other sports because of the BCS system? Like, during bowl season it's more of a regional loyalty? I'm a Duck for life, but I always root for all Pac-10 teams in bowl games, even teams like Washington and Oregon State that would be hated rivals during the regular season.

Somehow I think it's completely okay when everybody gets to their own bowl game and nothing they do from there on out can affect what your team does, and you just want to see teams from your conference do well.

Anybody with me?

Sooner fan here. Yup, I feel the same way. I even route for Texas and OSU during bowl season...to the chagrin of many of my Sooner friends.

Texas fan here. I'm even wearing a Longhorn shirt today. tongue.gif I'm the same as you in regards to conference loyalty. Like it or not, it's better for the conference as a whole when our rivals win bowl games or out of conference games.

Just don't off nutty like Vince Young. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (g under p @ Jun 17 2010, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jun 17 2010, 10:45 AM)

Anybody with me?

Just don't off nutty like Vince Young. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

I suddenly have the urge to party at a titty bar until 3:30am. smile.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 16 2010, 02:42 AM)

Anybody with me?

Yup, I think that's the right thing.

If one is judged by the quality of his enemies, or in this case his competitors, then we should be glad to see our conference or region do well, even if it's not our particular team. Like LCC said.

I absolutely think it's okay to pick other teams to root for in the playoffs if your team is out of it, or even to just have another team in the regular season that you enjoy watching that you make an effort to watch when they're on. Milwaukee and Phoenix have been like that for me in the NBA playoffs this year.

I agree when and if any one of the Boston teams fall out of the playoffs I do have a second teir of teams in each major sport I root for. Such as if the Bruins get bumped out of the playoffs I'll root for the Capitals if they're still in it and so on. I could never ever lets say root for Montreal in that case.

Anybody, do anything similar?

Teams I pull for:

NFL - Cleveland Browns

NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers (even if LBJ leaves)

MLB - Cleveland Indians

NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets (no matter how much we suck)

College - Ohio State Buckeyes (and every so often I might pull for the Tennessee Volunteers)

Well, the Blue Jackets no longer suck. They put themselves in a deep hole early on,which there probably not going to be able surface as a playoff qualifier this year. With all the devastating injuries, amazing they climbed back to respectability and there now one of the hottest teams in the NHL..

I just noticed the date which Jake2112 posted, yeah 2010 edition of CBJ not very good.. Thank goodness there out of the Western Conference now...

I absolutely think it's okay to pick other teams to root for in the playoffs if your team is out of it, or even to just have another team in the regular season that you enjoy watching that you make an effort to watch when they're on. Milwaukee and Phoenix have been like that for me in the NBA playoffs this year.

I agree when and if any one of the Boston teams fall out of the playoffs I do have a second teir of teams in each major sport I root for. Such as if the Bruins get bumped out of the playoffs I'll root for the Capitals if they're still in it and so on. I could never ever lets say root for Montreal in that case.

Anybody, do anything similar?

Yes, I am a Dolphins fan, but I live in the North East so my back up team is the Giants. It could obviously never be the Bill, Jets, or Pats. I spent 6 years living out of the country and for about 4 of those years, I couldn't watch any NFL. When I moved back to the US, I lived in Manhattan. I tried to make myself a Giants fan, but when they won in 2007, I was more excited that the Pats lost than the Giants won. It was then that I knew I could never ditch the Dolphins. It just sucks as I never get Dolphins news (I used to get the Dolphin Digest when they made it...man I loved that) and rarely get to watch games.