Iron Man 2

The Owl

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ May 13 2010, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 13 2010, 07:26 AM)

It's a comic book, enjoy it for what it is: two hours of a rocking diversion.

goodpost.gif

Pretty much what it added up to. My daughter loved it and for me occupied me for 2 hours well at least i didn't fall asleep.

Well, this damn country FINALLY started showing Iron Man 2 last Friday so naturally, I saw it.

[spoilerS BELOW for anyone who still hasn't seen it]

Quick thoughts:

- Black Widow could've been used better. I was hoping at least for a mini-fight with Whiplash when she went to Hammer's factory.

- Rourke as Whiplash was pretty damn cool but how the hell did he get up from the beating he took from Happy Hogan's car?

- Don Cheadle was a definite step up from Terrence Howard as Rhodey. War Machine looked pretty cool.

- Hammer seemed more like Sam Rockwell than Hammer.

- The Captain America shield that was mentioned earlier in this thread as being discovered in Iron Man 2 was already in Iron Man 1 sitting in the background in that same basement lab of his.

- Fun hero flick but not as good as the first.

QUOTE (Astromancer @ May 13 2010, 09:59 AM)

(SPOILER ALERT) Question:

Was Mjolnir out in New Mexico because it fell from Asgard, was it excavated, was Thor fighting someone or something and separated from it? Not a plot hole, just an interesting topic. Theories, please.

Well, when 'New Mexico' was first mentioned by that Shield agent ('the southwest' was also mentioned even before that), I immediately thought they were setting up the Avengers movie with THE HULK (it is his turf after all.) So who knows? Maybe they're setting up for the Avengers to have a showdown with the Hulk in New Mexico. After all, they originally formed because of a rampaging Hulk anyways. Finding that hammer isn't as important as why the writers put it in New Mexico. What I expected they'd show would be some Hulk footprints or something to that effect. But when they showed that crater I was expecting an unconscious shirtless Edward Norton in torn pants. So yeah, I was wrong twice but still think there's a Hulk connection being implanted