Question about 'will call'

OldRod

My 50th birthday is in September... my wife just surprised me and told me she got me an awesome ticket (2nd row looks like) for the Tulsa show (she's not going - she's not a Rush fan... rofl3.gif ). The ticket is "will call" which I've never gotten before.

I know that means that I have to pick up the ticket at the venue, but they say I need a photo ID to pick up the ticket. Since my wife ordered the ticket online, can I be the one to pick it up? Or does it have to be her? Does anyone know? Or should I call the venue and ask?

I just received an email from Ticketmaster for the Red Rocks show. They said that the person who purchased the ticket is the only one who can pick it up and must show photo ID along with the credit card that was used for the purchase.

You should probably call the venue to find out for sure! (Gee, your wife should have bought two tickets and you could sell one to me!)

Congrats on your 50th. I was also born in 1960.

Do they have a will call outlet. I buy tickets online and get a confirmation e-mail and just go to the ticket outlet and pick them up.So if you can do that just have your wife go and get them right away.Or I am sure she can probably call wherever she ordered tickets from and have them change it to delivery through the mail

Call Ticketmaster and ask them if you have other options for pick up. They have been pretty helpful with me. I have done will call a couple of times with no problems, but for peace of mind, nothing beats having hard tickets in hand months ahead of time.

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call.

Problem is, I live like 120 miles away from the venue, so it's not like I can just have her pop down there and show her ID. I'm taking off work a day to go to the show as it is, I can't really ask her to do it too, just to show her ID smile.gif

QUOTE (OldRod @ May 5 2010, 03:39 PM)
Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call.

Problem is, I live like 120 miles away from the venue, so it's not like I can just have her pop down there and show her ID. I'm taking off work a day to go to the show as it is, I can't really ask her to do it too, just to show her ID smile.gif

Why can't you pick them up on the day of the show?

*I* can pick the ticket up the day of the show... I just don't know if they'll give the ticket to me. She's not going, so she won't be there the day of the show to pick it up (that's what prompted the original post).

I sent in an email to the venue management to see what they suggest.

Edited by OldRod

QUOTE (Hemispheric Waves @ May 5 2010, 06:02 PM)
Whats up OldRod. I am also in the second row for the Tulsa show, Section F2.

Same here, F2, row B (I assume that's the second row?) I'm like seat 19 or something, so it's probably to the side, but should still be a good seat I hope smile.gif