So when they do Camera Eye...

shaun3701

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Apr 30 2010, 07:28 AM)
QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Apr 29 2010, 04:56 PM)
When they play Camera Eye (a song I love) I think we are going to see how boring the song is performed live...the reason they haven't played it in ages.

I've thought about that myself. Although I hope they can make good use of visuals. Wonder if they'll have actual images of New York and London?

I sorta recall seeing images of New York and London on the projection screen during TCE when it was performed on the Moving Pictures tour.

Of course, I was smoking some funny stuff back then. I was seeing a lot of things. cool10.gif

Edited by tupelobarchetta

QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ Apr 30 2010, 08:55 AM)
When they play Camera Eye (a song I love) I think we are going to see how boring the song is performed live...the reason they haven't played it in ages.

I've thought about that myself. Although I hope they can make good use of visuals. Wonder if they'll have actual images of New York and London?

I sorta recall seeing images of New York and London on the projection screen during TCE when it was performed on the Moving Pictures tour.

Of course, I was smoking some funny stuff back then. I was seeing a lot of things. cool10.gif

They could do some cool things especially for the "focus is sharp in the city" line.

(Maybe it will help the casual fans to realize that Ged isn't singing "shop in the city" tongue.gif )

Edited by dakota2112

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Apr 30 2010, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ Apr 30 2010, 08:55 AM)

They could do some cool things especially for the "focus is sharp in the city" line.

(Maybe it will help the casual fans to realize that Ged isn't singing "shop in the city" tongue.gif )

Is it just me, or did Geddy used to sing with an English accent? ('shop' instead of shaRRRp)

I swear when I first started listening to Rush I thought they were from England.

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 29 2010, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 29 2010, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 29 2010, 02:27 AM)
No, he's going to sing, "From a leaden skyyyrockets in flight....afternoon delight!"  yes.gif

laugh.gif

I'm just waiting for the uproar from fans who have been waiting forever to see 'The Camera Eye' played live, only to watch them break into a completely different song half-way through!

ph34r.gif

Okay what IM waiting for is how pissed off I'd be during Jacob's Ladder if they ended the song right before the awesome synthesizer part in the middle. scared.gif God I hope they don't do that. Jacob's Ladder should NOT be 3 minutes long no.gif

absolutely not 3 minutes.

The whole jam out after the clouds are parted and the light is streaming down in bright unbroken beams is the best part of the song !

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 29 2010, 09:34 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 29 2010, 09:31 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 29 2010, 02:27 AM)
No, he's going to sing, "From a leaden skyyyrockets in flight....afternoon delight!"  yes.gif

laugh.gif

I'm just waiting for the uproar from fans who have been waiting forever to see 'The Camera Eye' played live, only to watch them break into a completely different song half-way through!

ph34r.gif

moon.gif

I think they are going to do modifications to the length, not so much the sound of the song. I hope that is the case anyway. The fact they play everything from their past to present in accurate brilliance for us wonderful fans....what song from their catalogue has ever been 'completely re-worked'? I don't expect too many changes in the song, just a bunch of smiling faces!

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Apr 30 2010, 01:57 AM)

Boring? Nah...especially when we know what's next...the bells...the build up...Witch Hunt! Oh man...gettin' goosebumps just thinking about it! common001.gif

Camera Eye is actually my least-favorite song from MP... but I will still be glad to hear it. smile.gif

But just like you've indicated, I am anticipating Witch Hunt (and Vital Signs) a lot more!

1022.gif

QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ May 1 2010, 06:40 AM)
QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Apr 30 2010, 01:57 AM)

Boring? Nah...especially when we know what's next...the bells...the build up...Witch Hunt! Oh man...gettin' goosebumps just thinking about it! common001.gif

Camera Eye is actually my least-favorite song from MP... but I will still be glad to hear it. smile.gif

But just like you've indicated, I am anticipating Witch Hunt (and Vital Signs) a lot more!

1022.gif

I'm with you here. Probably my least favorite too. I listened to it again and for me it is boring and just drags along. Maybe it will grow on me one day?

QUOTE (Nightwalker225 @ Apr 29 2010, 02:07 PM)
Funny stuff.

the bigger question for me is:

Will he actually do the "Hallooo?... Morn' Gov" part?

The guys didn't do that the two times I did see TCE live....

And as to shortening the songs, I doubt it. There would be no way to make a full length show by doing that...even with a few pre release songs of the new CD.

And, FWIW, I like Superconductor but did not like when they did the SC/X thing...maybe they should read their own words and Leave That Thing Alone...

applaudit.gif

Edited by ProfGumby

All I want is Alex to nail this solo...big time.