American Idol 2010

rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 20 2010, 11:48 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 20 2010, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 19 2010, 07:54 PM)
Is it just me or does Ellen Degenerate make this show even worse?

it's not just you.

I think she makes it better... confused13.gif

How exactly?

It's clear she has no knowledge of or credibility in music and she seems to have no confidence on the set.

Ellen was okay on her own show, but she's a dud on Idol, which if it's lucky will only be around for one, maybe two more seasons.

DOWN WITH IDOL!!!!!!

bolt.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 22 2010, 03:51 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 20 2010, 11:48 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 20 2010, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 19 2010, 07:54 PM)
Is it just me or does Ellen Degenerate make this show even worse?

it's not just you.

I think she makes it better... confused13.gif

How exactly?

To quote myself from earlier in this thread in regards to Ellen:

I was initially not impressed by her as she seemed to be more a music fan than any kind of expert, but after the first 2-3 weeks she really hit her stride, and now I think she's awesome. She can be really, really funny, and I usually like what she has to say. Sometimes she can be a bit "everyone is great" like Paula was, but she's also shown she can really not like someones performance and express it as well.

I love Ellen. I thought she started weak and sounded very out of her element, but I think she improved dramatically in a very short space of time. She's hilarious, and she brings more of an everyday point of view to the judging, which to me is a refreshing change. She's not a musician/songwriter/producer/executive - she's a professional music fan - love it!

smilies-8579.png (obviously unsure.gif )

I'm surprised no one posted before me tonight.

Well, tonight was all I could have possibly hoped for - Lee singing merely very good and Crystal singing outstanding. Hopefully that was enough to kill the momentum Lee had going into tonight. My wife and I voted for her so many times it was disgusting. Seriously though, an absolutely STELLAR night for Crystal. If she makes an album, I would buy it before I even heard it, and I don't think I've ever said that about an American Idol contestant before.

applaudit.gif Crystal notworthy.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 25 2010, 09:35 PM)
I'm surprised no one posted before me tonight.

Well, tonight was all I could have possibly hoped for - Lee singing merely very good and Crystal singing outstanding. Hopefully that was enough to kill the momentum Lee had going into tonight. My wife and I voted for her so many times it was disgusting. Seriously though, an absolutely STELLAR night for Crystal. If she makes an album, I would buy it before I even heard it, and I don't think I've ever said that about an American Idol contestant before.

applaudit.gif Crystal notworthy.gif

Crystal wiped the stage with Lee last night.

I was doing some research online after last night's show and it looked like Crystal had the clear lead, having erased the momentum that Lee had built up with her clearly dominating performances in the finale.

Looking today, I hate to say it, but most sites, including betting sites with official odds predict Lee will win ( 062802puke_prv.gif ). Pretty much on every site, however, everyone agrees Crystal deserves to win. It's much like last year where everyone said Adam deserved to win, but still didn't.

The general consensus is that the biggest voting block are young girls, and that they are more interested in the guy they think is cute and who sings in a much more contemporary style, even if he will put out the same bland crap that most people put out today. Those young girls are much more likely to vote over and over and over than the older folks who will vote Crystal, even if there's more Crystal fans. Almost all the young girls who were voting for pipsqueak or Casey will likely move over to Lee's camp.

Crystal is so far and away the more interesting person and better singer that it'll be a real shame if she loses. Yes, she'll have a great career regardless, and if Adam Lambert is any indication, a far more successful one than Lee even if she loses, but still it's the principle - she simply DESERVES to win. Sadly, I fear it will be Lee 062802puke_prv.gif .

Edited by rushgoober

gave up onnit when they voted ocho cinco off...oh crap wrong show...lol

ok so Crystal WAS robbed but the guitar guy got to duet with Bret Michaels, right? Lazarus Michaels off his near death bed to sing and play for us all what a man. for real! and Crystal? got to duet with Alanis Morrissette? AND OUTSING HER

DeWyze? not so much

Edited by BeOhBe Bob

For those who voted for Lee, I hoped you enjoyed the Kris Allen performance tonight (winner of last year's Idol), as that's EXACTLY what you're gonna get next year with Lee.

Tonight bland and commercial won out over exciting and original. And in today's pop music world, too - shocking! sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 26 2010, 12:06 PM)
I was doing some research online after last night's show and it looked like Crystal had the clear lead, having erased the momentum that Lee had built up with her clearly dominating performances in the finale.

Looking today, I hate to say it, but most sites, including betting sites with official odds predict Lee will win ( 062802puke_prv.gif ). Pretty much on every site, however, everyone agrees Crystal deserves to win. It's much like last year where everyone said Adam deserved to win, but still didn't.

The general consensus is that the biggest voting block are young girls, and that they are more interested in the guy they think is cute and who sings in a much more contemporary style, even if he will put out the same bland crap that most people put out today. Those young girls are much more likely to vote over and over and over than the older folks who will vote Crystal, even if there's more Crystal fans. Almost all the young girls who were voting for pipsqueak or Casey will likely move over to Lee's camp.

Crystal is so far and away the more interesting person and better singer that it'll be a real shame if she loses. Yes, she'll have a great career regardless, and if Adam Lambert is any indication, a far more successful one than Lee even if she loses, but still it's the principle - she simply DESERVES to win. Sadly, I fear it will be Lee 062802puke_prv.gif .

I really wanted to be wrong this time, but alas... 062802puke_prv.gif

There were some good moments in the finale, and a LOT of really horrible ones. Man, some of these old rockers need to quit while they're behind - I feel embarrassed for some of these older guys croaking out their big hits of the past when they clearly can't sing anymore.

Evening highlight - Crystal and Alannis duet. smile.gif

Evening lowlight - Paula onstage - had to fast forward it was so awkward

I stopped watching months ago, but I'm completely unsurprised Lee won.

I actually think that works out for the best, in the same way it was probably ultimately beneficial for Adam Lambert's career that he didn't win. With the exception of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, nobody who wins ever goes on to have a successful, long-term career, while people who don't win like Chris Daughtry and especially Jennifer Hudson are more likely to be able to do what they want to do. I didn't catch all of the finale, but I can only assume there was some kind of awful pre-written "inspirational" song that both finalists were forced to sing. If Crystal had won, she would have to sing that on her album. The record company owns your soul to a far greater degree when you're the actual winner than when you're a runner-up. Crystal is talented and charismatic, and somewhat original (at least by Idol standards). People get that, and she'll have a successful career because there will always be people who want that. Lee's ceiling is Kris Allen and Taylor Hicks.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 27 2010, 06:13 AM)

I actually think that works out for the best, in the same way it was probably ultimately beneficial for Adam Lambert's career that he didn't win. With the exception of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, nobody who wins ever goes on to have a successful, long-term career, while people who don't win like Chris Daughtry and especially Jennifer Hudson are more likely to be able to do what they want to do. I didn't catch all of the finale, but I can only assume there was some kind of awful pre-written "inspirational" song that both finalists were forced to sing. If Crystal had won, she would have to sing that on her album. The record company owns your soul to a far greater degree when you're the actual winner than when you're a runner-up. Crystal is talented and charismatic, and somewhat original (at least by Idol standards). People get that, and she'll have a successful career because there will always be people who want that. Lee's ceiling is Kris Allen and Taylor Hicks.

Also Clay Aiken was far more successful than Ruben Studdard.

Ironically, this is the year they DIDN'T write songs for them for their first single and they were able to choose what song to cover. The first single will be Lee doing Beautiful Day, and I gotta say, at least live, it ain't as good as the original. Crystal did a cover of a song I never heard before called Up To The Mountain and it's phenomenal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGt5bjf31o4

I know historically it might be a good thing she came in 2nd, but she REALLY deserved to win and it still stings. I hope she makes an album and is highly successful, as that will absolutely make it worthwhile in the end.

Edited by rushgoober

A Note To Parents: Please ..... stop your young daughters from always voting for the cute guy who can't really sing. cool.gif

I've been a fan for 5 seasons and have watched nearly every show. But I AM DONE !!! America got it wrong again for the second straight year. Bogus.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ May 27 2010, 10:58 AM)
A Note To Parents: Please ..... stop your young daughters from always voting for the cute guy who can't really sing. cool.gif

I've been a fan for 5 seasons and have watched nearly every show. But I AM DONE !!! America got it wrong again for the second straight year. Bogus.

What they really should do is change the voting rules - ONE VOTE PER PHONE NUMBER. That would shake it up.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ May 27 2010, 01:58 PM)

My 9 year old daughter was totally pissed off when Lee won. She voted like 25 times for Crystal on Tuesday night.

The wrong person won this farce of a contest again. What else is new.

Lee was awful in the finale. Crystal was great. Result = Lee wins American Idol.

Lee has no balls and zero charisma or star power. As a singer all I can say about Lee is... schla03.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 27 2010, 12:31 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 27 2010, 06:13 AM)

Also Clay Aiken was far more successful than Ruben Studdard.

Ironically, this is the year they DIDN'T write songs for them for their first single and they were able to choose what song to cover. The first single will be Lee doing Beautiful Day, and I gotta say, at least live, it ain't as good as the original. Crystal did a cover of a song I never heard before called Up To The Mountain and it's phenomenal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGt5bjf31o4

I know historically it might be a good thing she came in 2nd, but she REALLY deserved to win and it still stings. I hope she makes an album and is highly successful, as that will absolutely make it worthwhile in the end.

Lee's version of beautiful day blew dead donkey balls. atickhum.gif