Toronto Update Thread

Alex

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ Apr 17 2010, 07:18 PM)
shit i have school on Tuseday AND Friday

these tickets dont sell too fast, do they?

Not if you don't mind getting crappy seats tongue.gif

I remember last tour, the tickets went on sale and I wasn't too interested because I wasn't a big fan. About two months later I decided to go, and there was still tons of lawn seats available. You'll be fine.

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 17 2010, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ Apr 17 2010, 07:18 PM)
shit i have school on Tuseday AND Friday

these tickets dont sell too fast, do they?

Not if you don't mind getting crappy seats tongue.gif

I remember last tour, the tickets went on sale and I wasn't too interested because I wasn't a big fan. About two months later I decided to go, and there was still tons of lawn seats available. You'll be fine.

Ill try to get good seats anyway. I just checked TicketBastard and it seems "dangerous" at the moment. I was looking at ticket prices at venues in the US, and it doesn't look too good (considering im taking some friends. One of them only has RTB and the other one only knows about Rush because hes heard Tom Sawyer on RockBand and because i told him about them *facepalm*).

Ill see what i can do anyways. The early bird gets the worm ( i hope eh.gif )

Edited by KillerInstinct

So just to clarify, tickets for BOTH Toronto shows, The Molson Amphitheatre and the ACC go on sale next week right?? With the pre-sale on Tuesday and regular sale on Friday?

Hey guys! Yes the pre-sale is on Tuesday and general sale on Friday. BTW if u r a big Rush fan why would you go and pay serious money to sit on the lawn section? Come on! Been there, Molson Amp, and if it gets windy good luck with the sound. I don't know if we need a password or a specific credit card (usually Amex) to access pre-sale tix? Anyone has more info please post it here.

Bamba from Toronto 2.gif

QUOTE (Bamba @ Apr 17 2010, 11:05 PM)
Hey guys! Yes the pre-sale is on Tuesday and general sale on Friday. BTW if u r a big Rush fan why would you go and pay serious money to sit on the lawn section? Come on! Been there, Molson Amp, and if it gets windy good luck with the sound. I don't know if we need a password or a specific credit card (usually Amex) to access pre-sale tix? Anyone has more info please post it here.

Bamba from Toronto 2.gif

All other presales are using Citi Bank cards. I'm still not seeing Livenation indicating that presale starts this week..

http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/420986

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 17 2010, 01:43 AM)
The Pre Sale is prolly just for AMEX, they always have a pre-sale. I guess regular sale is April 23rd. I'll be ready! biggrin.gif

So, I can volunteer my Dad's AMEX card and get some decent seats then?

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 18 2010, 09:55 AM)
The Pre Sale is prolly just for AMEX, they always have a pre-sale. I guess regular sale is April 23rd.  I'll be ready! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif I would if I were you.

Im still gonna check tomorrow to see if it's just for AMEX users or if other people can get in on this. Otherwise I guess Im getting up early on Friday for it.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 18 2010, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 18 2010, 09:55 AM)
The Pre Sale is prolly just for AMEX, they always have a pre-sale. I guess regular sale is April 23rd.  I'll be ready! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif I would if I were you.

Im still gonna check tomorrow to see if it's just for AMEX users or if other people can get in on this. Otherwise I guess Im getting up early on Friday for it.

It better be for just the fans, nothing else required... eh.gif

I just got an email from The Rush News Letter and it says that both the Toronto shows go on sale on the 23rd. It also says that there will be an AMEX Front Of Line pre-sale available for both shows.

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 18 2010, 10:14 PM)
So what is this AMEX? If I don't have one, does that mean I can't participate in the pre-sale? Can't I just use a credit card like Ticketmaster?

I just searched AMEX on Google and it appears to me that it stands for American Express. Which, as you probably know, is a type of credit card. So I would say that if you don't have one, such as myself, you'll just have to wait till the regular sale on Friday...

So from what I can gather, if you don't have an American Express card you could potentially get shafted out of good seats simply because you don't have that credit card... I could be wrong though.

Also, there is nothing about the tickets even going on sale on Live Nation.

Edited by xredsectorx

QUOTE (xredsectorx @ Apr 18 2010, 09:32 PM)
So from what I can gather, if you don't have an American Express card you could potentially get shafted out of good seats simply because you don't have that credit card... I could be wrong though.

Also, there is nothing about the tickets even going on sale on Live Nation.

Well that's stupid...

And I agree. I'm starting to think this is all BS...

At first glance the ticket prices seem more expensive this tour but all the extra fees and charges are now included in the price you see. If you click on the ticket price details on ticketmaster it breaks it down.

Also, from what I'm seeing, it looks like only the VIP packages are available at the pre-sale, not too sure.

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 19 2010, 10:19 AM)
So let me get this straight? I checked Ticketmaster, and if you don't have an AMEX, you can't get any tickets on the pre-sale? That's really stupid.

Also, cheapest tickets are $45 for Molson and $70 for ACC.

That's TicketBastard for ya! You know how much AMEX probably pays them for this promotion?

And for all the haters, the cheapest tickets at the best venue in their HOME TOWN are $27.50 before fees. Sure those are lawn, but not that unreasonable of a price really!

Although they say the most expensive tickets are $145 I'm pretty sure this doesn't include the VIP tickets. I'm curious as all shit as to what the VIP costs... considering it includes a shirt, poster, tour program, and DVD, maybe it is worth taking a look at for those of us who will probably buy all that other shit anyways.

I called Ticketmaster today and after trying to deal with the automated system, I eventually got a REAL PERSON new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I confirmed that the presale, which you need a password for, beings tomorrow and that the regular sale starts on Friday at 10 am for both shows. As we already knew.

I also asked about ticket prices for the ACC show, not both sorry sad.gif, and this is what I was told. The prices are $50, $75, $119 and $139. I believe each one was plus $0.50, but I wasn't really paying attention to the cents tongue.gif. And I'm pretty sure those are the prices before all the frees, charges, and tax.

So that's not too bad. I'll probably end up in the $75 section...

Edited by xredsectorx

QUOTE (sledneck96 @ Apr 19 2010, 09:59 AM)
At first glance the ticket prices seem more expensive this tour but all the extra fees and charges are now included in the price you see. If you click on the ticket price details on ticketmaster it breaks it down.

Also, from what I'm seeing, it looks like only the VIP packages are available at the pre-sale, not too sure.

You might not have to get presale tickets through AMEX. Keep an eye on this site after the presale starts: http://rush.musictoday.com/ and see if the Toronto show is added.