Toronto Update Thread

Alex

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 23 2010, 10:13 PM)
Well, I've only been to one show in my life, I admit, and it was at the Molson. However, I've heard from NUMEROUS different people about the horror stories at the ACC. Getting told to sit down, having garbage thrown at you, etc. Everybody is much more relaxed at Molson and everyone stands and has a good time.

This happened at the Porcupine Tree show at the Queen Elizabeth. Everyone sat until the encore. I nearly cried in shame when I was forced to sit down.

Never heard of it happening at a Rush concert though, especially at a place as big as the ACC.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (blindhouse @ Apr 25 2010, 02:24 PM)
Well, I've only been to one show in my life, I admit, and it was at the Molson. However, I've heard from NUMEROUS different people about the horror stories at the ACC. Getting told to sit down, having garbage thrown at you, etc. Everybody is much more relaxed at Molson and everyone stands and has a good time.

This happened at the Porcupine Tree show at the Queen Elizabeth. Everyone sat until the encore. I nearly cried in shame when I was forced to sit down.

Never heard of it happening at a Rush concert though, especially at a place as big as the ACC.

For the Snakes & Arrows Tour, I went to the Molson and had an amazing time! Everyone was standing and playing air instruments, singing along, dancing, all the fun stuff. My buddy went to the ACC show earlier on and told me how everyone sat and was rigid the entire time. Also, when he stood up, he had garbage thrown at him and was told to sit his ass down.

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 25 2010, 04:10 PM)

For the Snakes & Arrows Tour, I went to the Molson and had an amazing time! Everyone was standing and playing air instruments, singing along, dancing, all the fun stuff. My buddy went to the ACC show earlier on and told me how everyone sat and was rigid the entire time. Also, when he stood up, he had garbage thrown at him and was told to sit his ass down.

I went to the Amp show last run, and I was sitting in the middle of 202 (Row O) and being my second show, I was really happy with my seats. However, everyone was standing and going nuts when they walked out; and then everyone proceeded to sit in front of me. I (and the guy next to me who had seen them like a bunch'a times) refused to sit and was yelled at by the people behind me repetitively to sit down. Eventually everyone got their asses up and it was all good.

Although you pay for seats at a Rush show, I never plan on sitting in it.

Just sayin'.

QUOTE (Padfoot @ Apr 26 2010, 06:18 AM)
QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 25 2010, 04:10 PM)

I went to the Amp show last run, and I was sitting in the middle of 202 (Row O) and being my second show, I was really happy with my seats. However, everyone was standing and going nuts when they walked out; and then everyone proceeded to sit in front of me. I (and the guy next to me who had seen them like a bunch'a times) refused to sit and was yelled at by the people behind me repetitively to sit down. Eventually everyone got their asses up and it was all good.

Although you pay for seats at a Rush show, I never plan on sitting in it.

Just sayin'.

goodpost.gif

Just to add to this, I understand that some people like to / feel the need to sit at shows, and that is fine. BUT, I don't think that anyone has a right to tell others to sit at a Rock concert. They paid to be there too, and if they want to stand, jump around and have fun, play air guitar and sing, that is their RIGHT.

I remember being at the ACC in 2007, and I was on the floor, around Row 19. There was an older gentleman in the row behind me, and he was sitting down for a lot of the show, but never once did he bother anyone in our row to sit. He sat there, and was bobbing his head, singing, and enjoying the show. That to me, is the way that all fans need to learn to act.

This is a ROCK concert...not an opera. Unfortunately, fans in Toronto tend to forget that for some reason. eh.gif