Announcement about *TOUR SPOILERS*

Pags

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 8 2010, 10:09 AM)
I made this thread before spoliers really became an issue. A sort of "getting in front of" thing. I really don't consider anything on Rush.com and official announcements to be spoilers. But when you have 4 minutes over morning coffee to either do something, or not do anything, I chose to make this thread.

LOTS of new members here, who have no experience from how things were done on TRF from the other tours - so let's start by putting the word out now about how spoilers work. That's all.

I can't speak for Jack, but I can say for myself.... I never go to RIAB or Rush.com. Ever. I only come here. I wouldn't know what's an official announcement or not. So in the case of MP... sure it's an official announcement. But I can assure you that I would have been surprised at the show if not for reading about here. So I guess that's a spoiler, isn't it. laugh.gif

To me... nothing beats not know what song is coming next, until you hear that first chord, or the opening drum intro. There is no 2-second-long adrenaline surge quite like recognizing the song you're hearing live, and for a moment going ape shit about it. So I never like to know a setlist beforehand. Never.

I'm with you on the setlist spoilers. Between both Snakes and Arrows tours, there was only one single song that was ruined for me.

The song was "HOPE" and it got spoiled because someone in the musician's sub-forum was asking for tablature how to play it, and someone other (asshole) person mentioned how great it was LIVE a few days ago.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 8 2010, 10:14 AM)
Personally, I'd rather hear "Signals" in its entirety in lieu of MP.

as much as i dig countdown and losing it, i can't see them playing those live. chemistry is another one.

i definitely want them to bring back the weapon and analog kid.

Edited by ReflectedLight

For some reason, Rush fans are like gossips. They are addicted to informing everybody of everything and like to be the first to do it.

We had 4 threads yesterday about the title of the tour. Does anybody ever check before posting to see if its already been posted?

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 8 2010, 08:48 AM)
Sorry if agreeing with G Eater was wrong but I thought everyone logged on to Rush.com this morning before they even took a piss so I just thought that info will not possibly be a spoiler. I do happen to know a couple gems coming out of the vault that I would never mention in a thread like this. Sorry if I pissed you off on the joyous day. atickhum.gif

Yeah Pags we're just excitedly shooting the shit, my comment was in no way meant to disrespect you or Jack for the awesome job you guys do.

This Bud's for you guys!

trink39.gif

Oh you know I love you guys. GE, I can't wait for an opportunity to party with you. It would be a million laughs. 1022.gif

edited to include... I've partied with Tick on numerous occasions, and already know for certain it's a million.five laughs every time. 1022.gif

Edited by Pags

I'm with our moderator on this one....some individuals don't want to know setlists and such.Inevitably someone will get into a rehearsal or whatnot and ruin it for everyone else by splashing it everywhere.I myself am happy that I will get to hear TCE live for the first time but,everything else can wait 'til showtime. trink39.gif

I'm guessing we'll have the separate tour forum soon? That worked quite well as far as confining the spoilage.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 11:21 AM)
I'm guessing we'll have the separate tour forum soon? That worked quite well as far as confining the spoilage.

I would think yes, but I didn't want to say it myself since that's an admin thing. I suppose when it's time they will do their razzmatazz with the tour sub-forum. I think that worked really, really well - especially with a thread already created for each tour date. That was awesome.

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 8 2010, 11:40 AM)
I'm guessing we'll have the separate tour forum soon?  That worked quite well as far as confining the spoilage.

I would think yes, but I didn't want to say it myself since that's an admin thing. I suppose when it's time they will do their razzmatazz with the tour sub-forum. I think that worked really, really well - especially with a thread already created for each tour date. That was awesome.

Ya it was great for organizing meat ups. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 8 2010, 12:47 PM)
I'm guessing we'll have the separate tour forum soon?  That worked quite well as far as confining the spoilage.

Did you just call it a MEAT up?

z7shysterical.gif

And yes you are correct! Last tour I got to make new buds from all over the World from Russia, England, Belgium, Scotland, Australia, The Netherlands! And all over North America of course!

That tour dates section is GOLDEN!

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 8 2010, 12:47 PM)

Did you just call it a MEAT up?

z7shysterical.gif

Why yes, yes I did. tongue.gif

QUOTE (kinglerxst08 @ Apr 8 2010, 12:15 PM)
I'm with our moderator on this one....some individuals don't want to know setlists and such.Inevitably someone will get into a rehearsal or whatnot and ruin it for everyone else by splashing it everywhere.I myself am happy that I will get to hear TCE live for the first time but,everything else can wait 'til showtime. trink39.gif

I completely agree with our moderator as well. The Moving Pictures thing is something that is plastered on the Rush.com home page. Its not a spoiler. I hate knowing the set lists and over 25 years of seeing Rush, I never find out what there playing beforehand. Not a single soul who cares about Rush would make it to there show this Summer without at least knowing Rush is playing Moving Pictures. That would be like going to the Snakes And Arrows tour and being pissed because someone told you beforehand that Rush is playing songs from the album Snakes And Arrows. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 8 2010, 10:08 AM)
I did not look at any setlists for the last tour. I was blown away after the first four songs. (ask Sundog about the look on my face) I looked at her and said I'm happy, I could leave the show right now and be completely satisfied. It wouldn't have had the same impact if I had known what song 2-3-4 were going to be.

Yeah...I'm absolutely with you on this. I NEVER look at the setlists for any RUSH show. I want to be completely surprised, and love that feeling of suspense inbetween each song, when you can't wait to hear what's next.

I remember back on the R30 tour...I went on a different Rush board at that time, and someone had posted a link right on the front to hear a clip of "Between The Wheels - Nashville".

I was so pissed...because I know had I not known about it before the show, it would've absolutely floored me at the time. I never imagined they would play that.

Since that time...I have been super careful not to walk into any potential (spoiler) traps.

AMEN, thanks for the announcement. While I always caved in the past, I'm going to really try to steer clear of any setlist information this time around, and will be extra careful on the board this summer. Edited by greg2112

If the new material isn't released prior to the tour and makes its debut there, then that's something I definitely want to be surprised with.