...and HERE'S the confirmation!

Score Out

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Mar 26 2010, 05:51 PM)
I just hope this new album is better than the crappy S&A. Can we have a theme other than religion-bashing this time around, Neil? It's getting a little old.

didn't you bash s & a's 2 minutes ago? sarcasm.gif

the whole album was religion bashing?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 26 2010, 07:00 PM)
I just hope this new album is better than the crappy S&A. Can we have a theme other than religion-bashing this time around, Neil? It's getting a little old.

didn't you bash s & a's 2 minutes ago? sarcasm.gif

the whole album was religion bashing?

And it was one album with a few songs critical of religion. That post makes it sound as if the last 5 albums have all been anti-religion.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 26 2010, 05:37 PM)
a mini tour? i guess you're right but what's going to happen with the setlist? mini tour which i'm assuming will be a "revamped setlist" and a few new songs, but what's going to happen with the second round of the tour? basically the same setlist with a few more new songs, or a few more setlist changes with a few more new songs? wacko.gif

Well they had a PeW warm up tour and a MP warm up.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Mar 26 2010, 06:19 PM)
YES! 1022.gif Hopefully they stop in Toronto! biggrin.gif

Why in the name of God would they want to bother with Toronto?

QUOTE (KevinDallas @ Mar 26 2010, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 26 2010, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 26 2010, 12:35 PM)
in b4 Gary goes all Debbie Downer

Awesome news. Can't wait to see where they play around here.

laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm certainly not as excited as most people seem to be, but at least they have plans for an actual album. Hey, only 4 years between albums is better than the wait the last two times. Providing they actually follow through.

For my own sanity, I'm going to assume this album will be their last album, as I can't picture them still at it in 2015 or 2016 or whenever they'd normally decide to do another one.

This cracks me up because I remember when I saw them in 1984 on the GUP tour and I thought THAT would be their last album and tour. Since then I stopped worrying about how long they'll be around and just enjoy the ride. I'm so lucky, my favorite band since I was young and they're still around making relevant new music, still touring and still rocking.

goodpost.gif

I feel EXACTLY the same way. We're all pretty fortunate as Rush fans.

Think of all the Van Halen fans or whatever...what a bunch of BS that band turned into after 1984!

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 26 2010, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 26 2010, 05:37 PM)
a mini tour? i guess you're right but what's going to happen with the setlist?  mini tour which i'm assuming will be a "revamped setlist" and a few new songs, but what's going to happen with the second round of the tour?  basically the same setlist with a few more new songs, or a few more setlist changes with a few more new songs?  wacko.gif

Well they had a PeW warm up tour and a MP warm up.

... as well as warm-up tours for Signals, Grace Under Pressure, and Power Windows. I always thought the warm-up tour for Signals had the coolest name ever - the Tour of the Nadars.

Very exciting news! I only hope that Alex hasn't spoke too soon and the other two beat him over the head with his own guitars for it.

Approx 45 shows - one of them HAS to be Pittsburgh!

Quite possibly a rhetorical question but is it fairer to say Neil is critical of religion, or critical of the abuse of religion?

Keep your fingers crossed yes.gif

But seriously, it's pretty much a given that they will make a stop in Toronto... right???

QUOTE (xredsectorx @ Mar 26 2010, 05:53 PM)

But seriously, it's pretty much a given that they will make a stop in Toronto... right???

I hope so, considering 2/3 of the band lives there. unsure.gif ph34r.gif

QUOTE (xredsectorx @ Mar 26 2010, 07:53 PM)

Yeah, of course they'll stop in YYZ! If they don't, then waffen093.gif and 1287.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 26 2010, 06:37 PM)
a mini tour? i guess you're right but what's going to happen with the setlist? mini tour which i'm assuming will be a "revamped setlist" and a few new songs, but what's going to happen with the second round of the tour? basically the same setlist with a few more new songs, or a few more setlist changes with a few more new songs? wacko.gif

wacko.gif indeed.

Wait a minute...They are talking about touring this year with a few new songs and then recording a full new album and then touring again next year

Am I misreading your post? Are you actually complaining about this? confused13.gif

I hope I'm misreading your post, 'cause if you're bitching about them touring twice and releasing a new album, my question is "WTF will make you happy?"

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Mar 26 2010, 07:58 PM)

Yeah, of course they'll stop in YYZ! If they don't, then waffen093.gif and 1287.gif

tongue.gif

the most likely will be in YYZ, it'll be my first 2.gif concert!!! 1022.gif

also, when they do stop over here, who will i have the pleasure of meeting there? 1287.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 26 2010, 09:23 PM)
a mini tour? i guess you're right but what's going to happen with the setlist?  mini tour which i'm assuming will be a "revamped setlist" and a few new songs, but what's going to happen with the second round of the tour?  basically the same setlist with a few more new songs, or a few more setlist changes with a few more new songs?  wacko.gif

wacko.gif indeed.

Wait a minute...They are talking about touring this year with a few new songs and then recording a full new album and then touring again next year

Am I misreading your post? Are you actually complaining about this? confused13.gif

I hope I'm misreading your post, 'cause if you're bitching about them touring twice and releasing a new album, my question is "WTF will make you happy?"

Thank you. Where some people are concerned, I think Rush could perform live in their living rooms for four hours straight and they'd STILL complain. "But they didn't play "Needledick The Clown. . ."

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 26 2010, 08:23 PM)

wacko.gif indeed.

i'm not complaining about them touring twice nor the new material but hoping they have some big time plans to keep the setlist fresh for the second go around. the last time they had us all jacked up while using the term revamped setlist. i hope they stick to their guns this time because alot of people will be seeing them not only on the first go around but also on the second. who the hell wants to basically see the same show as the first go around? i certainly don't.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Mar 26 2010, 08:58 PM)

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

If they don't stop in Toronto, life as we know it may cease to exist scared.gif

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ Mar 26 2010, 09:30 PM)
QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Mar 26 2010, 07:58 PM)

tongue.gif

the most likely will be in YYZ, it'll be my first 2.gif concert!!! 1022.gif

also, when they do stop over here, who will i have the pleasure of meeting there? 1287.gif

NICE!!! common001.gif

I'll be there for sure!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 26 2010, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 26 2010, 03:27 PM)
Sounds really good...though I'd like to see the ALBUM released much earlier than mid-2011.

Pleeeeeease!!  1022.gif

Clearly, that isn't physically possible, and we all suspected as much when these rumors of new music and a tour first started popping up late last year. No one thought they could get an album done by this summer, and we were afraid they'd settle on doing only a couple of new songs and that's it. Let's be glad we're getting an album next year -- better late than never.

Oh, absolutely. I agree with ya. There is definitely no way that a full album will be ready before next Spring.

I am certainly happy to know that an album is most likely coming at all...that makes me happy.

I certainly plan to see them live this year AND next. Time to start saving those pennies! yes.gif

Archived