Going to concerts alone

progrush2112

The best thing about going to a concert alone is you have an easier time finding a great seat up close.

I went to r40 Seattle alone and ended up in a luxury box. :LOL:
  • Like 3

The best thing about going to a concert alone is you have an easier time finding a great seat up close.

^ This.

Lots of you know that the Black Crowes are equal to Rush, for me...and after seeing them about four dozen times over the years, I found out in 2009 that they were actually playing in my home town- they had not played there at all since 1992 (and yes, I was at that show, too :cool: ).

While I was in a significant line at the box office, the day the tickets went on sale, I was eavesdropping on people who'd been all the way through the line and gotten their tickets already...some were happy and some were bummed, about the seats they got. I didn't care all that much where I'd be, inside the venue- I was just happy to have them playing virtually in my back yard (the venue is directly across the street from the high school I attended).

So I got up to the window, and the ticket lady asked me how many I wanted.

"It's just me", I said. "Just one."

Her eyes got really big- "Just one?" Then she looked down at her seat map, and looked up at me, and said, "How about third row?"

:D

Not only third row, but dead center in the third row. I loved it.

Levon Helm was the opening act, and it was the first and only time I had ever seen him perform- this was just a couple of years before he died. I was no more than 15-20 feet away from him, because he always had his drum kit set up at the front of the stage, with most of his band playing to the side and behind him.

And then the Crowes...it was just a fantastic show.

I stuck around behind the stage by the tour buses after the show and got to meet four members of the band, as well.

That was probably the most fun I ever had seeing a show by myself. :)

I also drove out to California alone (a little more than 2000 miles, one way) to the Grateful Dead's Chinese New Year run in Oakland, in February of 1994. That was quite a trip, too.

• Like 2

Ironically Rush is the only concert I attend alone, probably because they are the only Rock band I really like and no one else I know likes them. All the other concerts my wife goes with me, The Cure, Morrissey, Echo, Peter Murphy, Smashing Pumpkins etc.....