Rush in the Metaphysical World...

PriestfromSyrinx

All right, it took quite a lot of Jack Daniels and all sort of cocktails, all that combined to a really messed up night of sleep to come up with a thread idea like that rofl3.gif but...

Do you dream about Rush? ph34r.gif And if so, what happens in your dream? smile.gif

Let's try to make thias thread, if you want it, as some sort of place to share our common dreams about this band that we love and I'm pretty sure somewhere out there in the world has to have interesting cases to upfold! wub.gif I'll start first...

This night, I dreamed that Rush was playing in Quebec at the Colisee Pepsi Arena for their next summer tour and I had manage to get ground level tickets. tongue.gif Geddy had somehow hair as long as in the 70's and Neil had long hair too so I knew from the beginning that it was a dream but I choosed to stay because even as a fake gig, it was still a Rush show and I was so close of Geddy wub.gif Anyway... the boys were playing in a cafeteria that was conveniently placed in the arena and after playing Cygnus-X1: Book 2, Lakeside Park, The Big Money and Marathon, I magically ended up backstage with Geddy, Alex and Neil that were high and what's coming was really mindblowing! rofl3.gif

I asked Neil between two grins that he hadn't completly answered the question back at The Colbert Report whether we should call ourselves, fans, ''Rushians'' but all he answered after taking another smoke of his joint was: ''Call yourself any way you want it laugh.gif ''

Then when I turned to face Alex, for some reason, he was making such funny faces ( like when he has fun with Ged or Neil on stage ) that I didn't manage to say a single word and we both laughed like complete drunks. tongue.gif

Finally, I asked Geddy if I could tell him a secret and when he nodded affirmative, I told him he was a true model for me and that his hair were fantastically badass but I woke up before seeing his reactions... sad.gif

And that was it for this night. wacko.gif

Now I really sounds like someone that been on cool10.gif for the whole night... xDDD

Feel free to share your insane stories too though!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Feb 22 2010, 03:28 PM)
Interesting thread; I'll be watching for replies to this one.

Oddly enough I don't recall a single dream I had that involved Rush in any way.

Thanks smile.gif , I was unsure whether to post it or not because I feared I might sound like a freak but hey, this is TRF after all! tongue.gif xD

But Awww, your turn will come one day. wink.gif Oddly, I usually dream about Rush when something really powerful happened to me the prior day and it involved Rush in a way or another. ohmy.gif Like I think this dream I had last night might have been triggered by my copy of ''My Favorite Headache'' I've finally received after a month of waiting. wub.gif

I've had Rush dreams. They're pretty "girly" type dreams, though - the one I remember most clearly would probably make the guys on here gag.

I think I dreamed about Rush once, but it was like five years ago so I don't remember anything.

i had a strange dream that had geddy in it about a year or so ago. i may have posted it here before but i cant remember. anyways heres my dream.

its the middle of the night and me and my brother are sitting in the living room watching tv. we hear something outside then a knock on the door. i answer the door and theres geddy lee. he says his car has broken down and he needs to use our phone. me and my brother, being the rush nerds that we are, are flipping out. i ask him if he can sign something for me. he says sure no problem. i run into my bedroom and grab the first thing i see..a pink floyd ummagumma guitar tab book(which i dont really have and im not really sure it exsists). when i get back to the living room, hes gone.

ive had this a few diffrent times with diffrent people. one time it was the hardy boyz(wrestlers) and one time it was george clinton

and i swear no cool10.gif

No, BUT, recently I had a dream that I was Stateside going to a Rush gig, and there was a TRF meet-up beforehand, in very salubrious surroundings, and one TRF member told me he had 24 kids.

Drinking beers on a grassy verge by an Exxon station it wasn't.

Weird.

QUOTE (PriestfromSyrinx @ Feb 23 2010, 01:29 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 22 2010, 08:26 PM)
I've had Rush dreams.  They're pretty "girly" type dreams, though - the one I remember most clearly would probably make the guys on here gag.

Aww, I'd like to hear about it! wub.gif Even if I'm a man... wink.gif

Well, okay. The only reason I remember this one is because I have recounted it several times, including somewhere on here. It's been well over a year ago.

I was at an outdoor concert with Neil - it was some sort of festival fundraiser thing like Live Aid. Anyway, we were on the grass, kind of towards the back. I was sitting with my legs crossed and Neil was lying with his head in my lap. Think late 80's/early 90's Neil, because I was playing with his hair.

We stayed at the Live Aid thingy for a while, til past dark, just talking and listening to the different bands. Then he gave me a ride home on his motorcycle (wheeee!!!) and I asked if he wanted to come in for a bit, as it was getting a little chilly. He did, and we fell asleep on the sofa. Next morning I made him a Thermos full of coffee to take with him. We hugged and kissed goodbye in the doorway.

It was just a sweet little dream. No hot and heavy stuff, just. . .sweet. wub.gif

I've had a few Rush dreams.

One where I ended up smacking Alex with my purse for getting fresh with me in a coffee shop in Rosedale. One where he showed me his battleship tattoo on his hip which he called Bubbles while we were in a limo. One where Neil gave me a whisk and a metal pot and told me to drum while at a Youth music circle. And a few about being at concerts... the most recent one involved me working for the CBC and doing an inteview nearby where Alex was with his family. I remember him being a crotchety old bastard, glaring at me from behind the drapes, stalking us in the halls. Big Meanie Alex. angry.gif I guess he's still angry at me for not recognizing him and hitting him with my purse.. but that dream was years ago... move on dude.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Feb 23 2010, 09:59 PM)

One where I ended up smacking Alex with my purse for getting fresh with me in a coffee shop in Rosedale. One where he showed me his battleship tattoo on his hip which he called Bubbles while we were in a limo. One where Neil gave me a whisk and a metal pot and told me to drum while at a Youth music circle. And a few about being at concerts... the most recent one involved me working for the CBC and doing an inteview nearby where Alex was with his family. I remember him being a crotchety old bastard, glaring at me from behind the drapes, stalking us in the halls. Big Meanie Alex. angry.gif I guess he's still angry at me for not recognizing him and hitting him with my purse.. but that dream was years ago... move on dude.

rofl3.gif

I've had a dream about Ged, but it's too graphic to write here. common001.gif

QUOTE (thing2jordan @ Feb 24 2010, 10:16 PM)

One where I ended up smacking Alex with my purse for getting fresh with me in a coffee shop in Rosedale. One where he showed me his battleship tattoo on his hip which he called Bubbles while we were in a limo. One where Neil gave me a whisk and a metal pot and told me to drum while at a Youth music circle. And a few about being at concerts... the most recent one involved me working for the CBC and doing an inteview nearby where Alex was with his family. I remember him being a crotchety old bastard, glaring at me from behind the drapes, stalking us in the halls. Big Meanie Alex.  angry.gif  I guess he's still angry at me for not recognizing him and hitting him with my purse.. but that dream was years ago... move on dude.

rofl3.gif

Ahahaha, that's awesome, keep 'em coming, guys! tongue.gif We definetly get some pretty interesting stories. smile.gif

QUOTE (thing2jordan @ Feb 24 2010, 10:16 PM)

One where I ended up smacking Alex with my purse for getting fresh with me in a coffee shop in Rosedale. One where he showed me his battleship tattoo on his hip which he called Bubbles while we were in a limo. One where Neil gave me a whisk and a metal pot and told me to drum while at a Youth music circle. And a few about being at concerts... the most recent one involved me working for the CBC and doing an inteview nearby where Alex was with his family. I remember him being a crotchety old bastard, glaring at me from behind the drapes, stalking us in the halls. Big Meanie Alex.  angry.gif  I guess he's still angry at me for not recognizing him and hitting him with my purse.. but that dream was years ago... move on dude.

rofl3.gif

The only dream I've had about Geddy was the dream I had about me and Alex in a coffee shop. Geddy was in line waiting for a latte and the line never seemed to move. I just remember him waiting forever in a non-moving line while Alex was putting his hand on my lap and I was smacking him with my purse. laugh.gif

Archived