Don't blame RIAB or ED

krlowe

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 15 2010, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (Phantom @ Feb 15 2010, 06:16 AM)
And I certainly wouldn't consider myself a fan of KD Lang, but one thing I know is she's got a hell of a voice. Her version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah was incredible...... as was her performance of it at the Juno's in Winnipeg a couple of years back.

The Hallelujah song came from an album of covers she did called Hymns of the 49th Parallel which is all covers she did of songs by Canadian artists.

I would never ever have considered myself a fan of hers either, but I'm telling you this album is INCREDIBLE. She covers CSNY, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Jane Siberry and others. My wife and I are both in love with this album, and there aren't many albums I can say that about...

She didn't cover Rush. How can the album be INCREDIBLE??

tongue.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Feb 15 2010, 09:38 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 15 2010, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (Phantom @ Feb 15 2010, 06:16 AM)
And I certainly wouldn't consider myself a fan of KD Lang, but one thing I know is she's got a hell of a voice. Her version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah was incredible...... as was her performance of it at the Juno's in Winnipeg a couple of years back.

The Hallelujah song came from an album of covers she did called Hymns of the 49th Parallel which is all covers she did of songs by Canadian artists.

I would never ever have considered myself a fan of hers either, but I'm telling you this album is INCREDIBLE. She covers CSNY, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Jane Siberry and others. My wife and I are both in love with this album, and there aren't many albums I can say that about...

She didn't cover Rush. How can the album be INCREDIBLE??

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Listen to the album - I can't imagine how she could have covered a Rush song and made it work with the rest of the album.

Wow I was reading some of the complaints on RIAB...un believable...absolutely unbelievable....one guy blaming "liberals" ( this was partciluarly hillarious)...another guy all pissed and saying he went to bed ofter 'drinking a bottle of Macallen' trink38.gif ....I mean seriously...? You just might have a drinking problem dude....wow.

For whatever reason they did not play ...maybe they will at closing...maybe not. beathorse.gif

QUOTE (druid13 @ Feb 16 2010, 03:25 PM)
Wow I was reading some of the complaints on RIAB...un believable...absolutely unbelievable....one guy blaming "liberals" ( this was partciluarly hillarious)...another guy all pissed and saying he went to bed ofter 'drinking a bottle of Macallen' trink38.gif ....I mean seriously...? You just might have a drinking problem dude....wow.

For whatever reason they did not play ...maybe they will at closing...maybe not. beathorse.gif

I blame Obama

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Feb 16 2010, 03:32 PM)
QUOTE (druid13 @ Feb 16 2010, 03:25 PM)

For whatever reason they did not play ...maybe they will at closing...maybe not.  beathorse.gif

I blame Obama

laugh.gif

but of course.....seriously, I am not sure what is worse...bringing in political views that have nothing to do with the performance...or getting trashed from a bottle of some booze you drink because your hero does?

QUOTE (druid13 @ Feb 16 2010, 04:03 PM)
but of course.....seriously, I am not sure what is worse...bringing in political views that have nothing to do with the performance...or getting trashed from a bottle of some booze you drink because your hero does?

I choose C. Unnecessarily finding fault with the opinions of many. wink.gif

Archived