Triumvirat

Holypanzer

OP - Don't be disappointed by the minimal response for this thread. There are TONS of bands, usually more obscure than Triumvirat, that I would love to start threads about it. In fact, I used to start threads about very obscure bands, but they usually sink into oblivion with one or two responses like this one. Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 22 2009, 05:05 AM)
OP - Don't be disappointed by the minimal response for this thread.  There are TONS of bands, usually more obscure than Triumvirat, that I would love to start threads about it. In fact, I used to start threads about very obscure bands, but they usually sink into oblivion with one or two responses like this one.

And you're surprised? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 22 2009, 08:12 AM)
OP - Don't be disappointed by the minimal response for this thread.  There are TONS of bands, usually more obscure than Triumvirat, that I would love to start threads about it. In fact, I used to start threads about very obscure bands, but they usually sink into oblivion with one or two responses like this one.

No, not surprised. I used to be very disappointed that most of the music that was exciting me I couldn't start threads about because no one cared, but I got over that long ago when I realized the only way to get responses was to talk in the most general terms, or talk about only the very most popular groups in my genres of choice.

I guess that's why I have a radio show, so I can play the obscuro music that most people ignore. tongue.gif wink.gif

Somewhat how I expected it to become. smile.gif What about starting one thread dedicated to all obscure bands? Maybe better response that way?

Good band, but they always sounded to me like they were trying to copy ELP.

About this, both bands are great. I like Triumvirat a bit more then ELP, even tho they have some of the same sound. I've always loved "Hoedown" from ELP, but for some reason I started listening more to Triumvirat. Honestly I don't care if they were or were not trying to copy ELP, as long as I think the music is great. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 22 2009, 01:55 PM)

No, not surprised. I used to be very disappointed that most of the music that was exciting me I couldn't start threads about because no one cared, but I got over that long ago when I realized the only way to get responses was to talk in the most general terms, or talk about only the very most popular groups in my genres of choice.

I guess that's why I have a radio show, so I can play the obscuro music that most people ignore. tongue.gif wink.gif

Well... I did download "Desire Lines" by Lush, though that's not the kind of stuff you normally play. But it isn't that well-known, either, so I guess that sorta counts as an obscure purchase after hearing a show.

And before you ask, yes, I do have some Lush on my to-buy list, I just keep forgetting to look for them! If all else fails, I'll either get their stuff on Amazon, or iTunes.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 26 2009, 08:46 AM)

Well... I did download "Desire Lines" by Lush, though that's not the kind of stuff you normally play. But it isn't that well-known, either, so I guess that sorta counts as an obscure purchase after hearing a show.

And before you ask, yes, I do have some Lush on my to-buy list, I just keep forgetting to look for them! If all else fails, I'll either get their stuff on Amazon, or iTunes.

Lush I would think is a lot more well known than Triumvirat, although they are completely different genres and completely different eras. Check out Lovelife by them, which is great, though more poppy than Split. Honestly, Split is definitely their best.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 26 2009, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 26 2009, 08:46 AM)

Lush I would think is a lot more well known than Triumvirat, although they are completely different genres and completely different eras. Check out Lovelife by them, which is great, though more poppy than Split. Honestly, Split is definitely their best.

Cool. I was thinking about a compilation to serve as an introdction to see what album(s) I would get next, but I might pick one of those up sometime.

QUOTE (Holypanzer @ Dec 25 2009, 03:38 PM)

Somewhat how I expected it to become. smile.gif What about starting one thread dedicated to all obscure bands? Maybe better response that way?

It's a good idea, and one that's been tried before. Basically all that means is that you get a large thread where you can bring up an obscure band and get one or two responses (if you're lucky) before people are onto other obscure bands and your band is 5 pages ago. There's really no way to make it work that I've seen, other than me having a radio show where I play something and someone goes, "Who is THAT?"

I love the Pompeii album, under a slightly different name

Is this the Triumvirat that came out with an album in 1973 or '74? If so, I had their debut album but confess to not remembering even vaguely how any one song that they did goes. But I know I bought the album. It came out about the same time as Robin Trower's Bridge of Sighs.