OK, KISS Army-Answer me this...

Snowdog

On Alive! I've always wondered who is the feeble, old sounding guy who says "You want the best, you got it..."? You'd think for such a massive, heavy album they'd have opened it with a stronger voice like they did on Alive II.

Now, on Alive II is that Gene giving the "you want the best..." intro?

edit for grammar

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 29 2009, 07:05 PM)
I've always wondered what Paul Stanley says after Peter's drum solo. Sounds like "here's to the macaw!"

Are you talking about the Alive II solo, CT? If so, I believe he is saying "Peter Criss on the drums!"

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Nov 29 2009, 06:59 PM)
On Alive! I've always wondered who is the feeble, old sounding guy who says "You want the best, you got it..."?.

It was a roadie . I forgot his name

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 30 2009, 12:31 PM)
On Alive! I've always wondered who is the feeble, old sounding guy who says "You want the best, you got it..."?.

JR Smalling...once their road manager.

If it sounds like Paul is saying MORE than Peter Criss on the drums, it might be that he's saying Peter's real last name....Peter Criscuoula (often mispronounced Cris-cola) on the drums. It always sounded like something between "criss" and "drums" and this would make sense to me.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Nov 29 2009, 07:10 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 29 2009, 07:05 PM)
I've always wondered what Paul Stanley says after Peter's drum solo. Sounds like "here's to the macaw!"

Are you talking about the Alive II solo, CT? If so, I believe he is saying "Peter Criss on the drums!"

Yes, I was referring to Alive II. I haven't heard it in a long time and just remembering that I didn't know what he was saying.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Nov 30 2009, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 30 2009, 12:31 PM)

JR Smalling...once their road manager.

Interesting. With all the emphasis on image its seems strange that such a weak sounding voice would intro this epic album.

Thanks PD and metaldad.

Now, who is it doing the intro on Alive II?

Archived