RUSH of course

jays2112

It's amazing how we see bands like The Pretenders in the Hall but not Rush. What's the deal? Does anyone know Rush's album sales compared to The Pretenders or some of the other bands being voted in? I'm sure The Pretenders have many fans but they do not seem to be the caliber of Rush.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 20 2005, 04:28 PM)
QUOTE (ChainLightning @ Mar 20 2005, 06:58 AM)
When the Hall of Fame becomes viable, Rush will be there.  Meanwhile, it is a joke. schla03.gif

Just like the Grammys.

I fail to see why 2.gif doesn't have a Grammy yet. YYZ deserved one in '82, and so many songs should have been at least nominated and weren't. The judges must hate Geddy's voice (confused13.gif ) , as only instrumental songs have been nominated. I totally agree, both the Grammys and the HoF are bogus.

I didnt mean to upset anyone over this topic.I had just heard U2 had made it and that sent me to the Hall Of Fame sight,well I just couldnt believe who is in it.It is theROCK AND ROLL hall of fame right. So where does Johnny Cash come in lol. And in my opinion U2 sucks but thats just me. From how I understand how it works they must be nominated by there pears thats what lead me to the petition site. It just upset me a bit but I guess my hero trio isnt everyone elses. If you really listen to RUSH and there material, well theyve got it all. And to all of you at the Hall of fame well 19.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Mar 21 2005, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 20 2005, 04:28 PM)
QUOTE (ChainLightning @ Mar 20 2005, 06:58 AM)
When the Hall of Fame becomes viable, Rush will be there. Meanwhile, it is a joke. schla03.gif

Just like the Grammys.

I fail to see why 2.gif doesn't have a Grammy yet. YYZ deserved one in '82, and so many songs should have been at least nominated and weren't. The judges must hate Geddy's voice (confused13.gif ) , as only instrumental songs have been nominated. I totally agree, both the Grammys and the HoF are bogus.

yes.gif It's all about who you know.

Rush deserves better than to be counted among Rolling Stone's revisionist-history version of rock history. For the J. Giels band to be included before them is just insulting. This is why I think Rush should NOT be inducted in the Hall of Fame.

Dumb question

I'm not sure where to post this but I guess ill do it here. I dont want to make a new topic.

I was wondering if anyone knows what facts are true on the rush website? Is it all of them?

I think it is great that so many young Rushians are rearing their heads with this kind of passion and integrity. It makes us older fans proud to know that this younger generation will carry the torch with pride. yes.gif

Release the hounds 1287.gif

Under the topic from rush nut if the web site you are talking about is[ rush.com ]as far as im aware its all legit, suppose to be there official site , I myself got my last RUSH concert tickets through that site. Though I probably would have got bettter tickets if I didnt buy them on comp26.gif 2.gif

Archived