A remake successfully stopped!!!!!!

The Owl

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 5 2009, 11:48 AM)
I recently found out that there are plans to do a remake of the Joan Crawford classic "Mildred Pierce" which came out in 1945.

Except this time, it's a miniseries that will have Kate Winslet in the role (I believe) that Joan Crawford played.

The original is a great "film noir" and I can't imagine a remake being any good.

eyesre4.gif b_sigh.gif

At this point, I would not be surprised to see a Citizen Kane remake.

I've never seen this movie in the theater, and I've never watched the entire thing on TV. Just not my thing. Although I've heard it's quite an experience seeing it in the theater. That may have made it more interesting for me.

I agree about leaving classic things alone, including cult classics. There is a reason why people love them for what they are so why try to re-do it?

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 5 2009, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 5 2009, 11:48 AM)
I recently found out that there are plans to do a remake of the Joan Crawford classic "Mildred Pierce" which came out in 1945.

Except this time, it's a miniseries that will have Kate Winslet in the role (I believe) that Joan Crawford played.

The original is a great "film noir" and I can't imagine a remake being any good.

eyesre4.gif b_sigh.gif

At this point, I would not be surprised to see a Citizen Kane remake.

Why the first one wasn't boring enough ?

Rosebud............ schla03.gif

tongue.gif

They'll be remaking Pulp Fiction & Reservoir Dogs such is the lack of anything remotely original going on in hollywood. but then again the studios would argue making a film is a hugely expensive business, especially in these recession hit times. Which is of course a bunch of BS because Indie studios seem to come with up the goods at a fraction of the cost regardless.

QUOTE (Sonatine @ Oct 8 2009, 02:02 AM)
They'll be remaking Pulp Fiction & Reservoir Dogs such is the lack of anything remotely original going on in hollywood. but then again the studios would argue making a film is a hugely expensive business, especially in these recession hit times. Which is of course a bunch of BS because Indie studios seem to come with up the goods at a fraction of the cost regardless.

This is kinda the same thing record labels do. I'm sure Mercury Records would have been pleased to no end if Rush had put out a "Moving Pictures 2", "3", "4", etc...Anytime something works, they always want to flood the market with it, take Rap & Hip-Hop for example....

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 3 2009, 08:23 AM)
The planned remake of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" has successfully been "put on hold"

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/09/02/no-rocky...not-yet-anyway/

Don't let MTV fool you.......... the moment MTV announced the remake last year, the fan outrage was apparent.... MTV took the hint.....

This needs to happen more often...... Too bad the remake of Nightmare on Elm street could not have been saved from the hands of Michael Bay.....but this shows that unnecessary remakes of classic movies can be stopped! We have the means.... and IT CAN BE DONE!

Great news. Hopefully Hollyweird will hault "The Three Stooges" remake next. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 8 2009, 04:39 PM)
QUOTE (Sonatine @ Oct 8 2009, 01:30 PM)
Rap & Hip-hop = same shit, different bucket!

So true. trink39.gif

Although I do like some of the "old school rap."

Signed,

Grandmaster Flash and RUN DMC

Damn you, Aerosmith! tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Oct 8 2009, 11:04 PM)

So true. trink39.gif

Signed,

I'll be the first to admit to really liking the hard rock/rap mix of Aero & DMC. Worked well, even though it feels way dated now.

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Oct 8 2009, 03:04 PM)

So true. trink39.gif

Signed,

HAHAHA!!

Nice music infusion there!

I can proudly say that I had the RUN DMC s/t cassette and the "King Of Rock" cassette before "Raising Hell" hit the streets!

But damn I love "Raising Hell!" Pun intended. LOL!

I actually saw the Raising Hell Tour in 1986. Whodini and LL Cool J opened.

Sorry for hijacking!