Permanant Waves tour video footage.?does it exist?

oldphilly

Just the few minutes from Buffalo as far as anyone knows. I think the general consensus is that the footage was just the few minutes shot for a TV story on the local or regional music scene and therefore doesn't indicate that the whole show was filmed.

Here's part of it.

Enjoy!

I haven't watched it in a while but I seem to remember that a little more is on The Story of Rush documentary. There sure is a lot of other rare footage on there from other tours.

Wanted to add:

I'm pretty sure just about every Rush fan has seen this by now but since you're new here I just wanted to make sure you had seen the La Villa Strangiato footage from the Pinkpop Festival since it's from the same era (Hemispheres tour).

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Sep 30 2009, 01:30 AM)
Just the few minutes from Buffalo as far as anyone knows. I think the general consensus is that the footage was just the few minutes shot for a TV story on the local or regional music scene and therefore doesn't indicate that the whole show was filmed.

Here's part of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rws3NVE7iqo

Enjoy!

Wow, that's awesome footage! Thanks for posting that! trink39.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Sep 30 2009, 01:24 PM)
Epic INDEED.  The setlist to end all setlists.  Id die for a full video document of that tour

You'd DIE for it? Now THAT'S a fan!!! z7shysterical.gif Seriously, there does seem to be this huge gap in Rush's "videography", where footage from PW is conspicuously missing. I've always wondered about that, especially after seeing all the "studio" video that was shot for AFTK and Hemispheres. Who knows, maybe there's something buried deep in "The Vault" that has yet to see the light of day.... Come think of it, there was video shot for 2 songs on FBN, but nothing from COS or 2112? Somehow I doubt it...Btw, oldphilly, in case you've never heard it, there is an hour long audio recording of the St. Louis show from 1980. 1022.gif

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Sep 30 2009, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Sep 30 2009, 01:24 PM)
Epic INDEED.  The setlist to end all setlists.  Id die for a full video document of that tour

You'd DIE for it? Now THAT'S a fan!!! z7shysterical.gif Seriously, there does seem to be this huge gap in Rush's "videography", where footage from PW is conspicuously missing. I've always wondered about that, especially after seeing all the "studio" video that was shot for AFTK and Hemispheres. Who knows, maybe there's something buried deep in "The Vault" that has yet to see the light of day.... Come think of it, there was video shot for 2 songs on FBN, but nothing from COS or 2112? Somehow I doubt it...Btw, oldphilly, in case you've never heard it, there is an hour long audio recording of the St. Louis show from 1980. 1022.gif

Ok, well maybe I wouldnt DIE for it, but id sure pay a pretty penny! laugh.gif

I was watching the documentary "The Story of Rush," and saw pro-shot stuff (better quality than "A View From the Palace" even) from 1980, 1987, and 1992 (Permanent Waves, Hold Your Fire, and Roll the Bones tours). I'm pretty sure all offered multiple camera angles, leading me to believe that they are more than just news clips. One can only hope I wasn't dreaming and that these concerts will eventually see the light of day.

QUOTE (Atomic @ Sep 30 2009, 01:06 PM)
I saw them at Ivor Wynn Stadium in Hamilton (aka I never win - ticats suck LOL)... pretty sure that was for Hemispheres but it's been so long I can't remember exactly

Anyone confirm they played Ivor Wynn on the Hemisphere's tour?

You saw them on the PeW Warm-up tour in the summer/fall of '79. Some footage from this tour (or even this show?) is in the "Story of Rush" documentary. I want to see that footage in its entirety NOW!

(Damn information age is too instantly gratifying...)

Archived