Dominick Dunne Dies At Age Of 83

Test4VitalSigns

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/26/domini...obit/index.html

I have always admired him for being an advocate for victims of crime after his daughter Dominique (who was in movie Poltergeist) was murdered and the scumbag who took her life got a bullshit sentence.

R.I.P. Mr. Dunne. I enjoyed your writings

RIP. rose.gif

I did not know that about his daughter. sad.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 26 2009, 10:21 PM)
RIP. rose.gif

I did not know that about his daughter. sad.gif

Yep. The crime happened in October 1982.

She played the eldest of the Freiling children. Her role was very limited however.

Apparently her acting career did look promising after Poltergiest before her life was tragically cut short.

In recent years, he was hosting a True Crime show on cable TV, one which focused on murders/crimes within high society.

And somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Dunne a supporter of O.J. Simpson, whom he thought innocent and befriended?

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 31 2009, 01:49 PM)

And somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Dunne a supporter of O.J. Simpson, whom he thought innocent and befriended?

No quite the opposite. In fact I remember reading somewhere OJ's defense lawyers (from last year's trial) would ask prospective jurors if they were familiar with his work because of Dunne's severe criticism of OJ.

The stunned look on his face when the verdict was read was one of the memorable shots from that day.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 31 2009, 12:49 PM)
In recent years, he was hosting a True Crime show on cable TV, one which focused on murders/crimes within high society.

His show was called "power, priveledge and justice" on trutv (formerly court tv) and it was pretty awesome. I don't know his stance on OJ. I'll look into that.