Inglorious Basterds

Joeysrd1

I liked the movie alot! I thought it was a bit long and not enough nazi killing, but it satisfied my needs for an awesome action movie. I say Brad Pitt was awesome in this movie and the funniest.

QUOTE (Joeysrd1 @ Aug 25 2009, 09:08 PM)
I liked the movie alot! I thought it was a bit long and not enough nazi killing, but it satisfied my needs for an awesome action movie. I say Brad Pitt was awesome in this movie and the funniest.

Just wondering - do you intend for this thread to contain spoilers? If so, I'll put a spoiler warning on it.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Aug 26 2009, 06:56 AM)
Don't drink the milk.

HAH!

indeed...

coy.gif

Seen it yesterday Good, it was a bit long.

Look forward to renting it, one of those movies for me could be one of my favorites with multiple views. (learn to like more)

If only WWII really ended this way.

brad pitt had an awesome role and so did the one who played the jew hunter those two were amazing!! It all depends on what you guys will talk about it but shure put the spoiler alert on it.

This could be the worst film I've ever seen.

For a start it was pretty much a rip-off of The Dirty Dozen - call it a homage if you like - and the first scene is a carbon copy of the first scene from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly only this version was almost unwatchable. I'm not sure that Spaghetti western themes, ideas and music go well with WWII material either, it didn't work here for me anyway.

The real problem though is the film seemed to be just a series of disjointed scenes cobbled together to make a supposedly interconnecting storyline. With Pulp Fiction this episodic style worked excellently, but here it just seemed to drain the film of any narrative flow and momentum. Worse, it was boring, way too long and punctuated by cartoon action and stale violence.

After half an hour I found myself wanting to get away, but I stuck around till the end and it was hard work. I wanted to watch it all now though, just in case I feel stupid in the future and get the misguided urge to watch it. Now at least I don't ever have to watch it again.

The only good thing about the film was Christolph Waltz as the German bad guy, his performance belonged in a good film. Brad Pitt and his accent were laughable, he seemed to be playing Kelly's Heroes Fight Club style. Rod Taylor as Churchill? Bad idea, QT should have taken Rod's advice and gone with Albert Finney, not that it would have made any difference. When Mike Myers came in as a British officer the picture suddenly morphed into The Spy who Shagged Me in 1944, he looked ridiculous, as if he was doing SNL paropy, though his performance wasn't as embarrassing as i thought it was going to be, not quite anyway. The ending was poor too, repeating what we'd already seen in scene 2 with the final frame exactly the same.

It's pretty clear that Tarantino's films appear to be getting worse with each new title. Suffice to say I was very glad when it was over...now I want my 150 minutes back...