Captain Marvel To Hit The Big Screen

Jack Aubrey

Interestingly enough, I was just reading GeddyRulz talking about how much he liked the 70s Captain Marvel kid's show when he was growing up so this one's for him. (Wait - I did that yesterday, too. Could this be the start of a trend? laugh.gif )

Here's the story from my friends at Superhero Hype:

Bill Birch and Geoff Johns to Write Shazam!

August 19, 2009

Warner Bros. Pictures has hired actor-turned-writer Bill Birch and Geoff Johns to write Shazam!, the adaptation of the DC Comics series featuring Captain Marvel.

Get Smart helmer Peter Segal remains on board to direct and he'll also produce with his Callahan Filmworks partner Michael Ewing. Johns will also consult on the project.

Shazam! centers on teenaged Billy Batson, who transforms into the superhero when he says the word "Shazam!" The studio is now looking to go back to the original DC Comics source material for inspiration.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 20 2009, 12:56 PM)
And the almighty Isis will come right after it, as usual.

I loved her! wub.gif

http://saysomethingfunny.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/isis.jpg

But then again, I also loved Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. laugh.gif

http://www.tvdetectivestore.com/images/Electra_Woman_And_Dyna_Girl.jpg

God help me, I had the hots for DynaGirl.

Great news on the Captain Marvel movie, Jack! Another one I'll have to see! (Still waiting for them to release the "Complete Series" DVD for the old "Shazam!" TV show. It's overdue, and other Filmation shows have already been released - including Isis.)

Could this be the start of a trend?

Hollywood has begun greenlighting projects based on MY tastes! laugh.gif

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 20 2009, 02:51 PM)

Great news on the Captain Marvel movie, Jack! Another one I'll have to see! (Still waiting for them to release the "Complete Series" DVD for the old "Shazam!" TV show. It's overdue, and other Filmation shows have already been released - including Isis.)

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Aug 20 2009, 12:59 PM)

I loved her! wub.gif

If I had been about 5 years older when these shows came out....I'da never left the house.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Aug 20 2009, 06:11 PM)
If I had been about 5 years older when these shows came out....I'da never left the house.

I hear ya. As it was, I felt something stirring inside when I saw them - and Lynda Carter in her Wonder Woman suit, and Erin Gray in her skintight Wilma Deering suit, etc. - and couldn't really do anything about it.

Ummm... I don't want to cross into "TMI," but... you know... nine and ten year-olds don't get erections.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 20 2009, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 20 2009, 02:51 PM)

Great news on the Captain Marvel movie, Jack!  Another one I'll have to see!  (Still waiting for them to release the "Complete Series" DVD for the old "Shazam!" TV show.  It's overdue, and other Filmation shows have already been released - including Isis.)

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

"I know it sounds like a dud and a losing venture, sir, but Mark Daniels will love it!"

"You said the magic words, Reilly. I'll give you a $74M budget, but Paramount retains its 'first look' option on potential sequels."

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Aug 20 2009, 07:59 PM)
I'm ready for some Captain America filmage, and Thor would be ok too I suppose. yes.gif

Captain America would be okay. I don't care at all about Thor.

Has Green Lantern been done? I've been thinking he's a hero I might be able to get into... although he can be easily defeated by the color yellow. (Doesn't sound very tough, does he?) As they said on the TV show "Big Bang Theory," since Superman is foiled by lead and Green Lantern is defeated by the color yellow, you could simultaneously beat both superheroes with only a Number 2 pencil! laugh.gif

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Aug 20 2009, 07:11 PM)

I loved her! wub.gif

You mean... like now?

QUOTE (Pags @ Aug 20 2009, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Aug 20 2009, 07:11 PM)

I loved her! wub.gif

You mean... like now?

Hardy har. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 21 2009, 10:06 AM)
I'm ready for some Captain America filmage, and Thor would be ok too I suppose. yes.gif

Has Green Lantern been done? I've been thinking he's a hero I might be able to get into... although he can be easily defeated by the color yellow. (Doesn't sound very tough, does he?) As they said on the TV show "Big Bang Theory," since Superman is foiled by lead and Green Lantern is defeated by the color yellow, you could simultaneously beat both superheroes with only a Number 2 pencil! laugh.gif

There's never been a live action Green Lantern movie. I think there had been some plans for it but they were scrapped. They recently came out with a GL cartoon movie. I haven't seen it though. Given the nature of ring's powers, GL seems like it'd be an expensive movie to make.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 23 2009, 10:11 PM)

There's never been a live action Green Lantern movie. I think there had been some plans for it but they were scrapped. They recently came out with a GL cartoon movie. I haven't seen it though. Given the nature of ring's powers, GL seems like it'd be an expensive movie to make.

A movie adaptation of the Green Lantern is indeed in the works starring Ryan Reynolds and is due for release in 2011 according to IMDB.

source

edit: more info, including a pic of Ryan Reynolds in the GL suit is here.

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 25 2009, 06:21 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 23 2009, 10:11 PM)

A movie adaptation of the Green Lantern is indeed in the works starring Ryan Reynolds and is due for release in 2011 according to IMDB.

source

edit: more info, including a pic of Ryan Reynolds in the GL suit is here.

I wouldn't count on that...not the site that is. Reynolds was first cast as The Flash but then that project was scrapped. Just a year or 2 ago, the Wonder Woman movie was all "go" but then for whatever reason(s) that was scrapped too.