Rush Shoes

snowdogged

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 17 2009, 08:48 AM)
Aside from the name (which could be coincidence), I see no evidence of that.

Unless you're seeing something I am not.

Look at the Sign on top of the store. I think that the style in which it is written was inspired by this.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa265/thejbl/RushLogoOnBlack6w.jpg

Those boots are positively hideous.

But yeah, I'd say there's a chance the owner could be a fan. The boys are what, fourth behind the Beatles, Rolling Stones, and... uh... KISS or Aerosmith or somebody for album sales or gold records or something? I think I may be mixing up my Rush trivia facts...

He might be a Limbaugh fan. Shoes for big & tall guys.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 17 2009, 10:02 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 17 2009, 08:56 AM)
OK, I guess I can see that.

But then again, you may be right. It may just be a coincidence.

I would have thought the store would have had a midi of a Rush song playing on their website.

Now THAT would have proven they're Rush fans.

A Rush fan opening up a women's shoe store? nah, never happen!

Aside from a slight similarity to Hemispheres 2.gif , I fail to see any connection.

I think that having a store like this is ridiculous and corny.

Rush and women's shoes? I am sorry that just isn't like the band at all.

I look at it as a similar thing like with the Paula Abdul song "Rush, Rush". I read something online awhile back where a not so intelligent person thought that the song was about the band.

Eh, wrong!

I found this interview with Geddy from the R30 Tour in regards to question asked about the subject of his shoes mentioned in the Rush In Rio documentary here.

Bp: I spoke with Andrew MacNaughtan before the Rio DVD was released and he told me that he'd bugged you guys for years about doing a documentary/behind-the-scenes piece with you, but that you guys didn't think you were interesting enough. Then the Brazil trip was a perfect opportunity to document the tour and the once in a lifetime trip to South America. What were your impressions of Andrew's documentary after you saw it the first time?

GL: It's a bit long for me, but in general it was pretty fun. It showed a lot of what life is like on the road, and certainly there was something about that tour that had a unique flavor about it, and I think he captured that pretty well.

Bp: It was a treat for fans to see a bit of behind-the-scenes as well as to help understand how special that trip was for the band.

GL: And I think it's important that fans understand how important my running shoes are to me.

Bp: Speaking of running shoes, it seems as though the Chuck Taylor Converse sneakers that have been a staple of your on-stage gear have been replaced by Puma's on this tour.

GL: Well, I kind of change them up. I don't wear the exact same ones every night. But I found a pair of Puma's that are perfect for using on pedals. It's really all about the pedals. They have to be pretty slim, and they have to have hard bottoms, so that they can trigger the pedals without breaking my foot.

So a signature line of Geddy Lee Chuck Taylor Converse sneakers or Puma's would be perfect. That sounds more rock and roll to me.

Neil may even jump on the bandwagon and put out his own signature soft-shoe dancing shoes which he wears when he plays the drums.

Alex apparently wears Adidas footwear according to a fan review from the R30 Tour here.

I think that if the above Rush footwear were ever available, it would be similar to what Eddie Van Halen is doing with putting out his trademark shoeline below:

EVH Brand Signature Striped Sneakers

Meaning Rush would put out shoes with the trademark Starman logo perhaps?

QUOTE (bengal21 @ Jul 19 2009, 03:30 AM)
This should set the record straight
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/e/d/7/155326/087-1.jpg

OMG...something bit off part of Alex's head!!!!!

Prolly happened in that "shoe" store....never get me in there.

except their shoes aren't visible. . . wink.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 17 2009, 03:22 PM)
I just sent them an email and asked them. I will let you know if I get a reply.

You're joking, right confused13.gif

Why would you give a flying f**k one way or the other?

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 19 2009, 11:37 AM)

except their shoes aren't visible. . . wink.gif

tied to put the shoes on them but didnt have time:smile.gif

I thought this thread was about my shoes:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/rushfannlv/Pictures1269.jpg

My wife had these made for me to wear to the 2nd leg of the snakes and arrows tour. She's so thoughtful. I wore them at Disneyland too with a Rush shirt and a Rush hat. I was like a walking Rush commercial

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jul 19 2009, 10:15 PM)

My wife had these made for me to wear to the 2nd leg of the snakes and arrows tour. She's so thoughtful. I wore them at Disneyland too with a Rush shirt and a Rush hat. I was like a walking Rush commercial

Ha ha

You nearly had me going there.

For a second I thought you were serious...nice one! laugh.gif

The similar font/logo is clearly an attention grab. Those familiar with Rush will glance at it and the design will make them take a closer look.

yes.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 19 2009, 01:24 PM)

My wife had these made for me to wear to the 2nd leg of the snakes and arrows tour.  She's so thoughtful.  I wore them at Disneyland too with a Rush shirt and a Rush hat.  I was like a walking Rush commercial

Ha ha

No really, she had these made for me and I wore them to the show. I made a thread about it and everything. I only wore them to the show and Disneyland that one day, there not exactly your everyday pair of shoes. Not the most fashionable thing to wear I know.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jul 19 2009, 10:49 PM)

My wife had these made for me to wear to the 2nd leg of the snakes and arrows tour.  She's so thoughtful.  I wore them at Disneyland too with a Rush shirt and a Rush hat.  I was like a walking Rush commercial

Ha ha

No really, she had these made for me and I wore them to the show. I made a thread about it and everything. I only wore them to the show and Disneyland that one day, there not exactly your everyday pair of shoes. Not the most fashionable thing to wear I know.

Mate, fashion has nothing to with it, but basic good taste does.

Honestly, this isn't a wind-up?

Bloody hell! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 19 2009, 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jul 19 2009, 10:49 PM)

Ha ha

Mate, fashion has nothing to with it, but basic good taste does.

Honestly, this isn't a wind-up?

Bloody hell! laugh.gif

ahhh...what do you know. biggrin.gif What one person thinks is good taste is bad to another and vise versa.

Archived