Beck's best?

Earthshine

Which Jeff Beck era do you prefer most?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Jeff Beck era do you prefer most?

• 60's - with Yardbirds, Truth, Beck-Ola
    • Early 70's - Jeff Beck Group with Cozy Powell
    • Early 70's - Beck, Bogert, Appice
    • Mid 70's - Blow By Blow, Wired
    • 80's - There & Back, Flash
    • Late 80's Guitar Shop
    • Late 90's, 00's Who Else! You Had It Coming, Jeff
    • I don't like Jeff Beck's guitar playing
    • I have not heard Jeff Beck play
    • All of Jeff Beck's eras are equally great

Let's try once again!!!!!!!!! common001.gif

Jeff Beck will be 65 on June 24. The man is still amazing and looks not a day over 40. Nor acts it! He has played all styles and can outplay almost anybody. The guy never practices and instead works on hot-rods and collects them. Straight as an arrow, he rarely drinks and is a vegetarian.

The guy is great!

Here's to 65 more years of Jeff Beck!

The funky Jeff Beck is the best.

I like his early '70's stuff the best. I voted BBA, though I like his work with Cozy as well (...just a great drummer anyway. 1022.gif The guy went too early.) I wish I knew more about his recent recordings, my knowledge seems to stop around '90 or so. So much good music, so little time.

I'm not sure which one without looking, but one side of Wired is dynamite.

I have been a Jeff Beck fan my whole life. This brutha speaks through his guitar! I do want to see him live and I hope Tal Wilkenfeld is with him. A friend of mine played drums on Tal's solo album. She is amazing on the bass:

Check her out with Beck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIFFRHBCPzA

This choice was simple and it seems like it's the most popular vote.

There is no doubt that the instrumental fusion records are the best although "There And Back" with the great Simon Phillips on drums is my favorite record. I believe that album came out in 1980 so it doesn't count right?

Anyway just listen to "Space Boogie" and hear that kick ass double bass drum shuffle going on. Simon is the shit and I believe he was only 18 years old when he recorded that album. Not sure.

I saw Jeff Beck a few months ago at the newly remodeled FOX in Oakland. It was a totally instrumental set list and Jeff ripped it up.

He is and always will be the best Yardbird of all.

Let's face it. Eric Clapton is great but he can be soooooooooooooooooo damn boring. At least he hooked up with Winwood this year so that surely has woken up the guitar playing zombie.

As for the great Jimmy Page. Another true Legend but the dude did way too many drugs and drank way too much booze back then, hence his bloated brain is merely moldy mush. The guy slurs when he talks even as a sober dude.

What a tragedy.

JEFF BECK RULES!!

COZY POWELL RIP

Simon was 23 when he did There And Back.

My favorite era is the Blow By Blow, Wired Jeff Beck With The Jan Hammer Group era which could be extended into There And Back.

Cozy Powell was one of the greatest drummers ever IMO! And one of the nicest guys in the world. Met him a few times and he even remembered me from the last time! No nonsense with him. Just a down to earth guy who I am sure you could have a pint with. trink39.gif

I always thought Jeff and Cozy looked like brothers!

Simon was on 801 801 Live when he was 17 in 1974!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

Maybe that is the one you are thinking of? The guy is simply amazing!.

Speaking of the great one and 801 check this out!:

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trink39.gif trink39.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 15 2009, 08:11 PM)

There is no doubt that the instrumental fusion records are the best

He is and always will be the best Yardbird of all.

Let's face it. Eric Clapton is great but he can be soooooooooooooooooo damn boring.

As for the great Jimmy Page. Another true Legend but the dude did way too many drugs and drank way too much booze back then, hence his bloated brain is merely moldy mush.

I agree, as far as career spanning decades of music, JB seems to have the most respect from his peers and the longevity making solid music his way and not compromising. And yes, he was the best Yardbird.

Archived