"Smart Cars" Are For DUMB PEOPLE

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 6 2009, 08:27 AM)
all those men are driving them so they have an excuse to not have kids....

nowhere to put them.

So get a Porsche 911. Same problem, only way more cool.

I drive a 1998 Toyota Camry. I just spent $1,000 repairing it.

It has over 252,000 miles on it. I love it. I plan to continue driving it for as long as I possibly can.

I do not like the new cars these days. And I do not like "green" cars, which to me is just another backdoor way of government control, and as usual, with no benefit to the average consumer.

Except now I'm paying 20 grand for a glorified Radio Flyer with a lawnmower engine. No thank you. I'll guess I'll just have to remain "brown" then. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2009, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 6 2009, 08:27 AM)
all those men are driving them so they have an excuse to not have kids....

nowhere to put them.

So get a Porsche 911. Same problem, only way more cool.

I'm with you. You can fit a smart car in the back of my truck.

While this is the subject I have to add:

I'm tired of attempts to guilt me into buying the most fuel-efficient car possible while loads of fuel are wasted flying jets at air shows and for cars driving in circles every weekend. I will buy whatever I feel like thank you very much.

What's all the fuss? I had a "green" car a couple of decades ago. Green, fuzzy, dappled with plant life and growth. People hated it, too. I was called a '72 Maverick I left in my yard.

A green Smart Car, you say?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/CarBug.jpg

tongue.gif

For the price? I'd get a Corolla or a Civic.

I looked at the website and they have models called "the passion coupe" and "the passion cabriolet".

Passion? These cars are birth control on wheels. First off, no chick is gonna do it with a guy who drives one. Too wussy.

Secondly, there's no room for "passion" of any kind!

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 7 2009, 06:34 PM)
For the price? I'd get a Corolla or a Civic.
I looked at the website and they have models called "the passion coupe" and "the passion cabriolet".
Passion? These cars are birth control on wheels. First off, no chick is gonna do it with a guy who drives one. Too wussy.
Secondly, there's no room for "passion" of any kind!

great post. not enough replies give feedback on the impact various decisions have on women's decisions to do it or not. More please.

I've been to Europe every Summer the past 3 years, and for what it's worth, l'd guess 2 ot of every 3 cars on the road is a SmartCar or something equivalent, and automobile fatalities are not that common out there..it probably helps that it's extremely likely if you get in a wreck, you'll hit a car that's just as light as yours! laugh.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 11 2009, 08:02 PM)
I've been to Europe every Summer the past 3 years, and for what it's worth, l'd guess 2 ot of every 3 cars on the road is a SmartCar or something equivalent, and automobile fatalities are not that common out there..it probably helps that it's extremely likely if you get in a wreck, you'll hit a car that's just as light as yours! laugh.gif

Interesting. When I've been to Europe and seen car accidents (which seemed few and far between), they always looked horrendous! I got the impression that when Europeans wreck cars, they make it a point to total them.

Will never forget seeing the aftermath of a collision between a Lamborghini and a Maserati, in Rome. . .it was sort of sad, actually.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 5 2009, 02:40 PM)
My boss drives one.

I'm with you. I don't know how those could be safe. They are like shopping carts with fenders.

That's what I've always thought!

I'm someone who is terrified of driving - not because of me, but because of all the other idiots I see driving and the lack of caution people use. I say cars are more dangerous than guns. I think I'd rather got shot than badly mangled in a car accident. But anyway, I'd never drive a motor cycle or a tiny Smart Car - could you imagine? If a Smart Car was hit by - well an SUV that everyone drives around here - you're screwed. The things smaller than a golf cart, you'd probably get squished under the SUV (in a bad accident). Screw those Smart Cars... I drive a Civic... just like everyone else. Then I'm planning on getting a huge Cadillac Deville (hopefully from the 60s) and run over all the stupid Smart Cars... hell a Smart Car would probably fit in the passenger seat.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 11 2009, 10:23 PM)
Will never forget seeing the aftermath of a collision between a Lamborghini and a Maserati, in Rome. . .it was sort of sad, actually.

That's tragic. sad.gif

Had to bring this one back up.. today I saw the little "Smart Car" buzzing along the parkway, in and out of traffic, and I thought "doesn't that person have anyone waiting for them at home, do they have a death wish" then I noticed that it looked kind of funny.. it was a CONVERTIBLE.. yes, a "Smart Car" without a top on it.. 50-55 miles an hour in and out of traffic.. if a semi ran over it the truck driver would never even notice.

QUOTE (MCM @ Jun 26 2009, 09:28 PM)
Had to bring this one back up.. today I saw the little "Smart Car" buzzing along the parkway, in and out of traffic, and I thought "doesn't that person have anyone waiting for them at home, do they have a death wish" then I noticed that it looked kind of funny.. it was a CONVERTIBLE.. yes, a "Smart Car" without a top on it.. 50-55 miles an hour in and out of traffic.. if a semi ran over it the truck driver would never even notice.

He'd be washing down the rig a year later, and start finding bits and pieces of Smart Car stuck under the wheel wells.

Archived