American Idol

PanaceaFish

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexis Grace got sent home.

I thought it should have been the country dude.

I'm glad it wasn't Allision who was also in the bottom three.

Btw, what's the name of the hot blond with the tatoo sleeve.

She had a real bad flu this week, but you couldn't tell it. Dang, did you see that dress! drool1.gif

QUOTE (Inthend @ Mar 18 2009, 09:08 PM)

She had a real bad flu this week, but you couldn't tell it. Dang, did you see that dress! drool1.gif

You sound like me, voting with your smaller head. wink.gif I also want to see Allison and the tatooed girl (Megan?) go far. drool1.gif

Everyone see what they're doing this season with this new rule about "the judges can save ONE contestant from elimination"? I may be a cynic, but it sounds like an attempt to prevent a Tamyra or a Chris Daughtry from being sent packing prematurely, like in previous seasons. Just wait until it gets to Top Five or so, and a favored front-runner loses the vote; the judges will sweep in for a rescue.

How convenient that when an appraent scandal exposed by an insider said the final four were already chosen no matter how america voted - Alexis was supposed to be one of them - Kinda funny that she's the first to get kicked off after this alleged scandal broke - Idol covering it's butt?

*****FOLLOWING CONTAINS ALLEGED SPOILERS OF TOP FOUR*****

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...e_surprise.html

Edited by alphseeker

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Mar 19 2009, 12:15 AM)
How convenient that when an appraent scandal exposed by an insider said the final four were already chosen no matter how america voted - Alexis was supposed to be one of them - Kinda funny that she's the first to get kicked off after this alleged scandal broke - Idol covering it's butt?

*****FOLLOWING CONTAINS ALLEGED SPOILERS OF TOP FOUR*****

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...e_surprise.html

If these alleged "final four" were all still in the running, you'd say the conspiracy was true and is continuing. But because one of the alleged four has been eliminated, you instead imply that the cover-up of the conspiracy is beginning!

Typical mindset of a conspiracy theorist. In any and every way, you can spin it so the conspiracy appears true. When something happens that negates its viability, just say it's part of a "cover-up."

"How convenient," indeed.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 19 2009, 12:37 AM)
QUOTE (Inthend @ Mar 18 2009, 09:08 PM)

You sound like me, voting with your smaller head. wink.gif I also want to see Allison and the tatooed girl (Megan?) go far. drool1.gif

Everyone see what they're doing this season with this new rule about "the judges can save ONE contestant from elimination"? I may be a cynic, but it sounds like an attempt to prevent a Tamyra or a Chris Daughtry from being sent packing prematurely, like in previous seasons. Just wait until it gets to Top Five or so, and a favored front-runner loses the vote; the judges will sweep in for a rescue.

ok--first of all...tattooed arm girl (yeah she's memorable tongue.gif ) is so terribly rhythm-less I cant imagine how that poor girl will perform on tour. She's colorless. She could go.

and GR--i agree COMPLETELY...I think they are just trying to save a "Chris Daughtry" or Jennifer Hudson type for themselves. Chris was able to do much more and achieve more success than he probably would have under the control of the IDOL folks. And Jennifer has cemented her career pretty well also.

On the other hand Carrie Underwood is blazing off the charts and she won...And Kelly Clarkson just achieved the number one spot for her new record.

Of the past winners, really, only Kelly and Carrie have hot careers. David Cook might...so maybe that's the game...save another winner that will produce for their company.

Before they start the results:

From last night, 5 STELLAR performances out of 10 people.

Of the other 5, 3 eh and 2 awful.

Who goes home? either Michael or Megan.

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Mar 26 2009, 08:45 PM)
At least Scott's safe this week...He's mum's favorite. biggrin.gif

I am outraged that this guy Matt is in the bottom two. He was one of the STELLAR ones I referred to before.

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 26 2009, 08:47 PM)

I am outraged that this guy Matt is in the bottom two. He was one of the STELLAR ones I referred to before.

oh whew. The right guy got voted off. He was one of the awful 2 I mentioned before. laugh.gif

QUOTE (JimboGames @ Mar 26 2009, 10:49 PM)
"American Idol" is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

So is everything that is good. Glad we agree.

There is Adam, and then there is everybody else. The most technically brilliant singer in the history of American Idol. Hands down. yes.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 26 2009, 08:59 PM)

oh whew. The right guy got voted off. He was one of the awful 2 I mentioned before. laugh.gif

Matt totally should not have been anywhere NEAR the bottom 3. But in comparision to some others, neither should have Michael.

Megan...good lord she's painful to watch and should have gotten a sound boot out of there. And even Scott should have been at the bottom. Michael should have not been sent home.

And you see how well this "Judges Save" works? they had to decide practically on the fly, and they mostly agreed that Michael's performance was worthy of a save, but then Simon just jumped in with "You're going home"

some democracy

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Mar 27 2009, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 26 2009, 08:59 PM)

Matt totally should not have been anywhere NEAR the bottom 3. But in comparision to some others, neither should have Michael.

Megan...good lord she's painful to watch and should have gotten a sound boot out of there. And even Scott should have been at the bottom. Michael should have not been sent home.

And you see how well this "Judges Save" works? they had to decide practically on the fly, and they mostly agreed that Michael's performance was worthy of a save, but then Simon just jumped in with "You're going home"

some democracy

I disagree about Michael. I think he belonged in the bottom 3, and if he didn't go home this week - then he's only a week or 2 away from deserving to go home. He just can't compete with the others who will become the top 6.

I totally agree about Megan. Whatever quirky attraction there is about her voice is done and over with. She's out of her league now. Her time is coming soon. Very soon.

QUOTE (tick @ Mar 27 2009, 07:59 AM)
There is Adam, and then there is everybody else. The most technically brilliant singer in the history of American Idol. Hands down. yes.gif

yes.gif That guy has a voice that nobody can touch. And he needs to learn how to control it, because most of the time he becomes too screetchy and annoying to listen to. You can't argue though that technically he's f'ing brilliant!!

But this week, he toned down his vocal and sang PERFECTLY. Owlswing and I sat there with our jaws dropped open. Normally she can't stand him - and there is this debate every week how; YES his voice can be annoying as hell, but he can sing in ways that only the legendary vocalists of our time can only be compared to.

But no question - this week he was untouchable in every way.

Adam is a difficult contestant. He is amazing, no doubt. Agreed Pags..he's got to control it. But I know what Owlswing is feeling...

Is it hard to dig him cause he's so pretty? So perfect? Because it might be a foregone conclusion that he'll win? I say that only because of the new "Judges Save" They won't let America pull a "Daughtry"

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Apr 1 2009, 08:57 PM)
Well, it looks like Megan is going home tonight, and it's just as well too, cos her performance last night was really painful to watch... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

yes.gif

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Apr 8 2009, 09:51 PM)
Well, looks like Scott, Mum's fave, was sent home tonight... sad.gif

He was a super nice guy with a big heart, and an inspiration. But his performance sounded a little too karaoke to me.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 9 2009, 02:03 AM)
QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Apr 8 2009, 09:51 PM)
Well, looks like Scott, Mum's fave, was sent home tonight... sad.gif

He was a super nice guy with a big heart, and an inspiration. But his performance sounded a little too karaoke to me.

he should have stayed behind the piano