My daughters "Rush" Christmas Present

Mr. JD

QUOTE (johndyar @ Dec 18 2008, 12:05 PM)
QUOTE (Geddy1001 @ Dec 18 2008, 11:49 AM)
Caongratulations! That is a cool picture. I have one question. How in God's name does one get to meet Rush? I have been to 15 of their concerts over a 25 year period and I have never even gotten close. I see all these pics of people meeting them but I can't even get them to mail me an autographed picture. I have sent requests for autographs to them and their management company and I get absolutely no response. Any suggestions on meeting them or getting a simple autograph?

Thank you. Because of a serious illness, my daughter Samantha was granted a wish by the Make-A-Wish organization. Her wish was to meet Rush.

God bless you and her. I am sorry to hear about her and I will pray for you guys. I hope she was thrilled to meet them and I would give up my chance of ever meeting them if it meant your daughter got her wish. Good job dad!!

QUOTE (johndyar @ Dec 17 2008, 07:28 PM)
Every year for the past few years, I have gotten each of my daughters a "Rush" Christmas present. Here is what I put together for my 14 year old this year. I got her a deck of cards last Christmas. She picked them from the deck and had them signed when we got to meet Rush in July. I think I did good!

http://www.jd-photography.net/sam_maw/stevie.jpg

That looks amazing! What a totally awesome job new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif And very glad to hear Sam continues to be well. 1022.gif A Very Merry Christmas indeed smile.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Dec 20 2008, 07:17 AM)
QUOTE (johndyar @ Dec 17 2008, 07:28 PM)
Every year for the past few years, I have gotten each of my daughters a "Rush" Christmas present. Here is what I put together for my 14 year old this year. I got her a deck of cards last Christmas. She picked them from the deck and had them signed when we got to meet Rush in July. I think I did good!

That looks amazing! What a totally awesome job new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif And very glad to hear Sam continues to be well. 1022.gif A Very Merry Christmas indeed smile.gif

Agreed - you did a great job on this. I'm glad to know Sam is doing better and I think the story you guys told about how gracious, open and supportive the band was speaks volumes about them. They could have blown it off but did just the opposite.

QUOTE (johndyar @ Dec 17 2008, 06:28 PM)

You did more than good - That's amazing and a beautiful way to remember the big day. I hope Sam continues to be healthy as well

smile.gif John, I am happy to learn of Sam's continuing progress and let's hope the cancer never returns. trink39.gif

Archived