Valkyrie

workingcinderellaman

I do my best not to pre-judge a movie because of the cast. I might be surprised with the results. I've seen Tom Cruise in some very good movies. I'll give Valkyrie a chance. With that said, Tom Cruise is a bad actor.

QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jan 2 2009, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jan 2 2009, 03:47 PM)
I'm going to find it tough to enjoy a WWII movie where the Germans are the good guys. No thanks.

Yep, they sacrificed their lives and the lives of their families to kill Hitler, take control of Germany, and make peace with the allies. But because they're German, I guess that makes them enemies regardless.

Yeah, you mean NAZIES and not GERMANS, right?

I want to see it....kind of forgot all about it in the holiday rush though.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 2 2009, 04:35 PM)
I'm going to find it tough to enjoy a WWII movie where the Germans are the good guys. No thanks.

Yep, they sacrificed their lives and the lives of their families to kill Hitler, take control of Germany, and make peace with the allies. But because they're German, I guess that makes them enemies regardless.

Yeah, yeah Nazis, not Germans...whatever.

They only tried to kill Hitler when they thought the war was lost. It's a case of them trying to cover their asses if you ask me because they knew they would all hang if ever captured by the Allies. I'm really not sympathetic to their situation.

Captain America should have killed Hitler with a spork in this movie. I'd go see that.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jan 2 2009, 06:31 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 2 2009, 04:35 PM)

Yeah, yeah Nazis, not Germans...whatever.

They only tried to kill Hitler when they thought the war was lost. It's a case of them trying to cover their asses if you ask me because they knew they would all hang if ever captured by the Allies. I'm really not sympathetic to their situation.

Captain America should have killed Hitler with a spork in this movie. I'd go see that.

Check this out...about a month ago there was show on Military, or history channel about plots to kill Hitler...there were 42 KNOWN attempts to kill him starting back in the days before he was Chancelor or even the head of the Nazi party. Some of them came from within the Nazi party, and some frm withing the German army. Some came really close to getting him although the one in the movie was the closest to working.

Edited by Prince Sphinc-Tor

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Dec 3 2008, 12:49 PM)
taint

Heh....you said t'aint.

Just watched the movie...Finally got it from Netflix.

It wasn't too bad. Pretty good actually.