41 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite part of Hemispheres

• Prelude
    • Apollo [I]Bringer of Wisdom[/I]
    • Dionysus [I]Bringer of Love[/I]
    • Armageddon [I]The Battle of Heart and Mind[/I]
    • Cygnus [I]Bringer of Balance[/I]
    • The Sphere [I]A Kind of Dream[/I]

Ah, there was a time -a year and a half ago, to be pretty precise- when I had just bought Hemispheres as a complete Rush virgin... Yep, for me it all started with Cygnus X-1 Book II, not Tom Sawyer, not Limelight, not Red Barchetta... It started with the best thing they have ever managed to create, the piece of music that served as a magnificent gate for me into the world of progressive rock. I listened once, I listened twice, did not really know what to think about it (exept being in complete awe of that simply manic drumming!) but still felt like listening a third time...and with every listening experience, it began to take the form of a coherent song, I began to notice patterns, the melodies sounded better and better...I was even able to discern where one part ended and another started! I truly fell in love with it. This song was the point of no return for me, musically speaking.

Which part do I love most? Well, Cygnus is the obvious highlight, but Armageddon is the "backbone" of the entire piece the way I see it. I love how it enters the song after the rather similar parts of Apollo and Dionysus, lifting it on yet another level. So I went with that this time around. Needless to say I love all of the parts, isn't it??

Yes, I could indeed write an essay about this track, but instead I will now just sit back and listen, as I of course had to put it on as soon as I started to read this thread... wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

I cant believe there are no votes for The Sphere! I know its not my favorite part, but it definetly has my favorite lyrics of the whole song.

Let the truth of love be lighted

Let the love of truth shine clear

Sensibility

Armed with sense and liberty

With the heart and mind united in a single, perfect sphere

Knights of Colombus! What great lyrics! The Sphere will definetly have to be my "Honorable Mention".

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 21 2005, 03:53 PM)
For me it's Prelude...especially when it begins...just love that sound roaring out of the speakers to begin the epic.... yes.gif grabs me every time I listen to it

Same here. As soon as I hear the first note....very Pavlovian.

The Sphere

Let the truth of love be lighted

Let the love of truth shine clear

Sensibility

Armed with sense and liberty

With the heart and mind united

In a single perfect sphere

Some of my favorite lyrics

Archived